• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness combo

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
I created this thread for one reason and one reason only, combos. I have been looking at the threads and there is not a perfect thread for combos yet. So post here. Here are the recommended guidelines for posting:

Percent
Weight Class
Knockback
Inputs

You know what to do people.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Do you mean combos on specific characters? If so, the matchup thread is probably just better overall...

That being said, you can dair into PKT2 Fox and Falco around 100% as long as they're on a platform.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean combos on specific characters? If so, the matchup thread is probably just better overall...

That being said, you can dair into PKT2 Fox and Falco around 100% as long as they're on a platform.
Somewhat but most match-up threads have a few combos also you can also go by weight class so for example that combo u said would be like

100%
Fast Fallers
Gonna change damage to difficultly
Dair ➡ PKT2

We can also theorize combos here since this will be more easy to use.

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my bnb combo starter on spacies is up throw > djc uair > regrab > uthrow > another uair. the next follow up is DI dependent

throws, fair, dair, and obviously pk fire are ness' best combo starters. just learn the trajectories of the moves and improvise as to what leads into what. i've done combos up to 140% on floaties like mewtwo. the potential is there, just gotta master the follow ups and push the limits on how much dmg you can do

Boiko

Does anyone think if you u throw a spacie then get under them and down b could you keep them at a height where you could do multiple Down b or up air?
Not at low percent, but you can upthrow JCmagnet regrab.
You can do about 3-4 uairs at very low percents if they don't DI well.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
I know you can d-throw to a charged up-smash on the fast fallers. not sure how often this works, but i've gotten it a few times. they just fall onto the charged yo-yo and get launched up again.

Boiko

I know you can d-throw to a charged up-smash on the fast fallers. not sure how often this works, but i've gotten it a few times. they just fall onto the charged yo-yo and get launched up again.
I'm not 100% percent, but if they DI behind and tech roll, it probably wouldn't work.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
any%
Heavyweight(i.e Bowser, Donkey Kong, Dedede, so they can't DI out of PK Fire easily)
First input stuns enough to get in
PK Fire (as many times as necessary to trap)-> dthrow -> fair -> djc dair -> bair
if they don't die after that onstage PK Flash should get the job done
to make it easier to land PKF, do the first one in the air to confuse

Last edited:

Boiko

any%
Heavyweight(i.e Bowser, Donkey Kong, Dedede, so they can't DI out of PK Fire easily)
First input stuns enough to get in
PK Fire (as many times as necessary to trap)-> dthrow -> fair -> djc dair -> bair
if they don't die after that onstage PK Flash should get the job done
to make it easier to land PKF, do the first one in the air to confuse
This is cool, and pretty standard Ness stuff, but it's also DI and tech read dependent.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
^Yeah, that's why I noted PK Fire trapping works best on the heavyweights. It won't help if people DI away from the Fire's desired impact spot either.

Last edited:

--|====> MANIA

Smash Rookie
As far as 3.0 goes, I noticed that I alot of Ness players online throw out a PK Fire and just go out for a grab or they just spam PK Fire from the same direction. If I'm relatively close to my opponent (especially if they're a big character), I usually PK Fire, and if it hits, I will run past them as they burn and throw out a jumping PK fire at them again from the opposite direction. Usually the opponent will attempt to escape the first PK fire by SDI/DIing up and away from the first PK fire. By running past them and PK fire-ing in the opposite direction and I can (sometimes) effectively trap opponents in a swarm of PK Fire or catch an opponent that escapes by DI. I like to call it PK Cross-Up. You can repeat the process over and over if you read the DI correctly and can lead into combos. Its pretty situational though.

Another personal combo of mine is DJC fair --> d-tilt --> PSI Magnet --> fair --> repeat until: out of stage room or opponent gets sent too far by PSI magnet. I like to use it at low percents. At higher percents, the magnet will send the opponent too far and you won't be able to down tilt them immediately out of the fair. Also crouch canceling can be an issue if the opponent is heavy/fast faller.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
^if you B reverse the PK Fires it can allow you to go straight into another one quickly.

Boiko

Another personal combo of mine is DJC fair --> d-tilt --> PSI Magnet --> fair --> repeat until: out of stage room or opponent gets sent too far by PSI magnet. I like to use it at low percents. At higher percents, the magnet will send the opponent too far and you won't be able to down tilt them immediately out of the fair. Also crouch canceling can be an issue if the opponent is heavy/fast faller.
SDI the fair and this combo won't work.

--|====> MANIA

Smash Rookie
SDI the fair and this combo won't work.
I suppose that that probably is the reason. Originally, I believed that the reason that players would get out of it earlier on was due to them being at mid to high percentage and the PSI magnet sending them too far, but SDI makes more sense. I was kind of in a hurry when I posted this, so I suppose that I should say that the combo ideally repeats, but usually I get around two of these combo strings off, at early percentages, before I back off and switch to something else.

Also, I usually begin the combo with d-tilt, NOT DJC fair (I don't know why I wrote it the other way) as d-tilt seems like a safer approach than just Rambo jumping in with a fair. Doesn't change Boiko's point of SDI but at least you get a d-tilt, magnet, and fair out of it.

The PK Fire Cross-up idea that I had is pretty moot now that PK Fire neither lasts very long nor activates on shield in 3.5. Its not UTTERLY moot, but going in for a grab or aerial seems more free than trying to make it complicated with b-reversed PK fire cross-ups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom