• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness color question

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Does anybody use the white costume?

I do, but I've looked at videos on youtube and such, and I haven't seen anybody use the white costume a lot.

I think the black/purple one is sorta overused, and the people who don't use that just use the Bee one, or just stick with Ness's red costume.

Which one do YOU use?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I know that Mr. Saturn Ness is popular, but I never knew that fuel's costume was so underused. I think its pretty cool even though I dont use it myself. Maye I should since everyone uses Saturn Ness.

BTW, who is Fuel anyways?

Rocketface Normus

Smash Rookie
BTW, who is Fuel anyways?
Fuel is a character who appears in the earlier chapters of Mother 3, he wears a shirt like Ness's white costume. I think the costume was just intended to look like a baseball uniform, seeing how Ness's shorts don't match Fuel's, but i guess people call it that anyway. I, by the way, happen to cycle through Original Ness, "Bumblebee" Ness, "Fuel" Ness, and Mr. Saturn Ness.

DJ Tempora

Smash Cadet
I used to roll Bumblebee, but switched to Green in 2006. Bumblebee is good but was kinda overused in Melee. Now we have the two new alt colors to share some of the load.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
yay, this means i may still be the only Ness main in existence who exclusively uses the green one!(w00t w00t)

DJ Tempora

Smash Cadet
yay, this means i may still be the only Ness main in existence who exclusively uses the green one!(w00t w00t)
You uh, did read the rest of the thread, right? I already said I use Green. ;)

But you're right, it does seem pretty rare. I don't see alot of Blue Ness either.

FezNess

Smash Rookie
I use the Steelers Fan Ness Color.
You may call it the "bumblebee ness"
but its really Ness showing his love for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Go STEELERS!

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
But who exactly WAS Fuel? Did he have a role in the main storyline?
I think Fuel was a kid which Lucas and the group saved him from a fire, and he joined your party for a little while and healed you on occasions. Hence the name "Fuel." :p

There was also a Mr. Saturn shirt that you could buy at some store in Mother 3.

In other unimportant news, after playing around with Ness's colors, I think my faves are now the White and the Blue.

Blue is nice. Blue is very nice.

I mean, I like all of them, but Black/Purple seems overused, and I used the yellow one too much in Melee, I got kinda tired of it. :ohwell:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I only use the original. For some reason, the other colors throws my game off. I really don't know why, but it just does. Even when I play as Lucas. It's really weird. I know that they're just clothes, but they throw me off.
Dude, same for me.

I don't have the ability to play as White Kirby.

:confused:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, thanks for the info on Fuel.

I've started using him regularly now. I still like the black one though. Mr. Saturn = Coolness

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I use Bumblebee Ness or Original. Mostly Bumblebee but i switch colors if I did bad in the last match.. I don't know why, I just do it.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
He's not emo. :S
Ness cannot be emo. Lucas can, but not Ness. Ness smiles too much and is wayyy to happy when he's whooping butt.
Mr. Saturn Ness remoinds me more of a comic book store clerk. No idea why.

DJ Tempora

Smash Cadet
Hope what helps?
It's just a turn of phrase. In other words, I was saying "I hope [this picture] helps [with your picture request]."

I mean, you requested a picture, right? I assumed you needed it for something.

steviep

Smash Rookie
it seems like nobody uses green and orange. i dont get why. heh that was my favorite in the original so i use it now.
(never owned melee)

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
It's just a turn of phrase. In other words, I was saying "I hope [this picture] helps [with your picture request]."

I mean, you requested a picture, right? I assumed you needed it for something.
It wasn't showing before, sorry. Ness's white suit is cool! Really really cool. I might use that from now on (when I get the game)(and the red suit).

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Here ya go. Hope this helps.

That's my fav costume, for sure. On the former games I used green/orange and blue. It's kinda boring to use the same color as everyone. Specially when you have to change it because the other player uses the same color.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
I can't even use the original Ness anymore. :p ...I love his Mr. Saturn colors -- purple and black just go great together. I don't mind if it's a tad over used, I liked this alternate color from the start and intend to keep using it. ^^

As for the "Fuel" or "baseball" cloths... I don't think I can bare to look at then XD. I find they're so ugly o_o yellow tacky shorts ftl. ;__;

Mr. Saturn or "Emo" Ness as I used to call it shall be my choice over all. |3 my second pick is his orange and green outfit. (they're my favorite colors)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The white ness is the only way to go. Gotta have ur baseball uniform on...if ur gonna hit some homeruns with that bat.
Yes, because that would be Assault, five years imprisonment, as opposed to Penalty - Improper use of Game equipment

>_>

Many of the color schemes I find disgusting. Purple and blue is the wrong way around and green and orange hurts my eyes.

Bumblebee is okay, but it's still ugly. Baseball uniform makes him look too plain, like a normal (i.e., non-psychic, non-world-saving) kid - as opposed to the clearly distinguishing horizontal striped shirt. I mean, can you even FIND a horizontal striped shirt in stores? I think not.

I'd totally use "emo" Ness, except for the fact that the suit does actually make him look emo. . . and I don't want to be associated with Emo. EV4R.
EDIT: Notice that my guff is that the shirt is perceived by others to be emo, and perception is pretty much truth in this context. I'll look like a "guy who's picked emo Ness," and that's lame.

. . . on careful consideration, maybe I will have to settle for Purple Ness. But that's only if few people use it. I hope to use original Ness. Whatever distinguishes me greatest.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Dangit, why does everyone call Mr. Saturn emo!?
Its just black! And Ness smiles ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME! How is that emo?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Dangit, why does everyone call Mr. Saturn emo!?
Its just black! And Ness smiles ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME! How is that emo?
He wears all black and purple, so everybody assumes he's emo.

If LUCAS had that costume, it would be emo.

Smiles ftw.

Top Bottom