• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness chain grabbing?

Mr. Tumnus

Smash Rookie
So recently I've gotten more experience playing against a pretty good Ness and he has a real good up throw chain grab game against flaco and most DI's just don't get me far enough away. I realized that one can DI up to get enough time to get a N-air or some air dodge off to get away but not at really low percents. I was wondering if anyone had any good ways to deal with low percent Ness chain grabing?

Last edited:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Mr.Tumnus if you wanted an answer put this in the ness thread not Falcos I realize you are new but still look where you post first an admin might move this thread for you so be careful next time

Mr. Tumnus

Smash Rookie
Mr.Tumnus if you wanted an answer put this in the ness thread not Falcos I realize you are new but still look where you post first an admin might move this thread for you so be careful next time
Huh? Oh I see how may phrasing was confusing now. I am a falco wondering what is a good way to deal with it?

Edit: added a few words to the original post to make it make more sense.

Last edited:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Oh I see how may phrasing was confusing now. I am a falco wondering what is a good way to deal with it?

Edit: added a few words to the original post to make it make more sense.

ok then for chaingrabs to get out of most of them you either have to DI out or SDI to a platform or led with Falco you can sometimes dair if they throw you up and it makes it difficult for them to catch you

Mr. Tumnus

Smash Rookie
Right, but usually I'm caught in stun from the throw until next grab because i don't get enough time till I'm caught again and I know an upward DI can help at med-high percents but at low percents I'm not usually able to get high enough to be able to act outta it. So is aiming for a platform the best course of action at a low percent?

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Right, but usually I'm caught in stun from the throw until next grab because i don't get enough time till I'm caught again and I know an upward DI can help at med-high percents but at low percents I'm not usually able to get high enough to be able to act outta it. So is aiming for a platform the best course of action at a low percent?

it all depends on how far you are from making a getaway read your opponet

Ethan.

Smash Ace
A chain grab is called a chain grab because there is no way to get out of it. At low percents with falco you just have to hope they mess up or you get to a platform. So yes, usually you want to get to a platform.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
A chain grab is called a chain grab because there is no way to get out of it. At low percents with falco you just have to hope they mess up or you get to a platform. So yes, usually you want to get to a platform.

lol a chain grab just means its easy to regrab fast and hard to get out of

Top Bottom