• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness 3.5 MU thread

Signdog

Smash Rookie
Introducing myself:
Hi! 'im Signdog, my tag is shorten to Sign. i'm from ohio in one of the smaller scenes but i play as often as i get the time too. iv noticed that the ness forum for project m is a bit disorganized and hard to find information so' i'm aiming to revive the place by cleaning up some old threads and hopefully introducing some new ones to spark some conversation and discussion among the ness community. if you want to help or just get in contact with me i'm in the skype group and you can also just add me on skype under the name: Signdog1.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Intro:
seeing as the old MU thread is disorganized and makes it hard to find info and bryonato is caught up in real life thing iv taken in the responsibility of creating a new cleaner MU thread. thanks to soft serve for the original MU thread and thanks to bryonato for the current one but i think its time we dump that one and get a cleaner looking one were all the info can be found in the main post instead of digging through pages of comments to find a specific MU that your looking for that might not even be there.

i know that you could just ask for information about a certain match up in the skype group but not everyone that comes and looks at the forum is in the skype group so i think it would be a better idea to have this information public to anyone who visits the forum instead of kept within the players of the skype group.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Format:
i'm going to take the Format from byronatos post because i do not feel that i could make a better format than what he has already created, i only aim to make a more organized MU thread and not to seem like i'm stealing his.

DISCLAIMER: You are not required to use the suggested post format below. Post however you wish, this post format is just here to provide a general outline of what to discuss and give organization to the thread.

id prefer if you could use the general format though as it would make my life easier to organize the information

1. Matchup Spread - In your opinion, how good is this matchup for Ness based on a 20 point scale? For example, is it 35:65 in favor of the opposing character, 60:40 in favor of Ness, etc.
  2. Neutral game - How we fair vs. the opposing character in the neutral state of the game. What are our best options during this state? What should we watch out for?
  3. Comboing - What are some of our best combo paths/options vs. the opposing character? What works? What doesn't? (Ex: "Dthrow -> Magnet -> DJC Fair chains into itself vs Metaknight.")
  4. Edge guarding - What are our best tools for edge guarding the opposing character? Does it work better for us to go offstage or try to cover their options onstage? (Ex: "Vs. Marth I find that USmash near the ledge doesn't work very well since his UpB can hit us out of it. Going offstage with a fair is much better, in my opinion.")
  5. Recovering - What is the best and safest way to get back to the ledge vs. the opposing character? Do we do better recovering high or low? Are there any specific strategies that work well when recovering vs. the opposing character?
  6. Stage Choice - What stages do you like vs. the opposing character? Where should we go, and what should we avoid?
  7. Extra stuff - Of course, I encourage you to post about anything else you think about the MU that you don't think the above sections cover. Feel free to talk about any specific scenarios you mave have encountered in your own experience vs. the character, character specific tricks and nuances, video footage of you playing the matchup with specific examples, etc. Pretty much whatever you want.
ill be sticking to the idea to discuss a character for a period of 1 week then moving on to another till we get through the whole cast of characters.
Current MU:
this week we will begin with one of the most widely play characters fox: :fox:

please leave your input for both the matchup and what i can do to improve this thread or the ness forum below, all input in appreciated

Last edited:
Top Bottom