• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nerves or something else?

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
This isn't a post about getting over nerves at tournament. This is something I don't have a problem with.

What I'm talking about is nerves against one player, I play against a Jigglypuff player fairly regularly and I don't think I've ever had someone get into my head quite so badly. I think this is the case with most Jig's players once they get in your head they just destroy you.

What I'm having trouble with is last time I played him I was dealing with sickness (spinal meningitis) and it was pretty bad I could barely walk or move despite all of this I made it to "grand finals" somehow and wanting to die. The reason I went through with this is because I don't have too many chances to play right now.

In either case he destroyed me and I was getting angry at myself cause I couldn't operate. Long story short I'm recovered now (for the most part) and now I'm scared to jump/push buttons while just practising. It's like I'm frozen unable to push anything when I should be able to. I keep second guessing myself now, "Should I jump now? Should I grab? What?" And I just honestly don't know, this is something I've never had an issue with before, before I just played and couldn't lose and now everything is out of whack.

This is a player I used to beat fairly consistently and now I'm getting four stocked by him, I get nervous just thinking about playing him and I just don't know how to deal with this, I've never had this problem before. Other players that I used to four stock now give me problems.

I just can't play. It's almost been a month.
I know there are some people on here that deal with way worse health problems and I was just seeking other opinions, because I don't know what the hell is going on with me. If I'm just nervous or still sick I'm not sure.

Top Bottom