• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needs some Tips against Snake

The_Marth_Madness

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble against his forward tilt, and this new technique I just learned about today. It's like a dash attack cancel up smash thing. Too good. I space forward air, but he just power shields to forward tilt.

It's not the projectiles thats giving me a hard time, it's what happens when I finally get up to him.

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
nothing you can really do against a good snake (:

try using your B combos, their extremely fast, and can possibly overpower snakes ftilts.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Plenty you can do against a good Snake.

This match is even IMO.

Snake overall has less range than Marth, but their range is compareable.

You said his cmaping isn't the problem so I won't go into that.

You said it's Snake's F-tilt that is giving you trouble so let's focus on that.

If Snake is powershielding your fairs, then you may be getting too preditcable. Switch it up.

Grab more, and rely more on your ground game. Use more Dancing Blade and Marth's d-tilt is amazing too. D-tilt is an an excellent poking tool and it's very safe. He can cancel his d-tilt with any action after he pulls his arm back so remember that.

If you know Snake will f- tilt when ou get close then why not go on the defensive as soon as you close the gap? Shield the f-tilt combo the do a dancing blade combo to retaliate.

You can't just go fair happy and expect to do well.

THINK!!!!

Take your game to the next level. You have options and you need to use them.

As for the dash attack to to u-smash well you really can't punish Snake fo this, but if you expect it and shield it then you can close the distance after you block it.

The_Marth_Madness

Smash Journeyman
Plenty you can do against a good Snake.

This match is even IMO.

Snake overall has less range than Marth, but their range is compareable.

You said his cmaping isn't the problem so I won't go into that.

You said it's Snake's F-tilt that is giving you trouble so let's focus on that.

If Snake is powershielding your fairs, then you may be getting too preditcable. Switch it up.

Grab more, and rely more on your ground game. Use more Dancing Blade and Marth's d-tilt is amazing too. D-tilt is an an excellent poking tool and it's very safe. He can cancel his d-tilt with any action after he pulls his arm back so remember that.

If you know Snake will f- tilt when ou get close then why not go on the defensive as soon as you close the gap? Shield the f-tilt combo the do a dancing blade combo to retaliate.

You can't just go fair happy and expect to do well.

THINK!!!!

Take your game to the next level. You have options and you need to use them.

As for the dash attack to to u-smash well you really can't punish Snake fo this, but if you expect it and shield it then you can close the distance after you block it.
This would be the case if we were amatuers. If I get close to him and get on the defensive, he'll snake dash through me, or pull a grenade and lay it with a roll. I've tried spacing the forward tilt, but he uses the second hit too. Sounds redundant, but this second hit has insane priority (Like all of snake's attacks) and comes overhead.

I spam forward B, but it he seems to know how to get around it.

I'll try the down tilting more. I usually don't do it, so I don't know how good it would work. Come to think of it, it has enough range to poke him unpunished, and quick to take advantage of his reaction...

I'll have to practice more, it seems to me this guy is just better if what you say about the match being even. But I won't be able to play him till like next month :(

Thanks for tips.

You are right that I have to switch it up, but there is only so much I can do when he places explosive at key places...

Top Bottom