• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need your help my psychic bretheren

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
heya guys I'm back. Benn off the forums for a really long time, and recently got over my Lucas slump. i was really sterting to suck with him, and started to lose my motiavation and love for the kid, but yesterday i got it all back. one word. Nair or as i like to call when i KO people with it. Falling or Rising star. so anyway, i stumbled on this technquehttp://es.youtube.com/watch?v=JvuUzJ-eOsw and while i would love to learn it, i noticed that i still have yet to learn this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z30b3-6qdG8

so, how do u do it. and also, got any advice on how to trump diddy. my friend recently got into the glide tossing, and he's beating me badly. i can barely lay a finger on that cowardly monkey.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
all he's doing is auto-canceling PKfire (finishing the move before he lands)
it's not really anything. u can do this with nair, u air.
also, diddy is tough. spotdodge or relfect his bananas. if u want to, u can be a little bit agressive to try prevent him from pulling out any more nanners.
:094:

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
i realize this, but it's the actual height requried to do it. I've been trying to get this technique for a really long time. every time i run jump then pk fire, i'm not high enough to airdoge the lag away before i iht the ground. when i look at the vid, Lucas gains a little "bounce" similar to the rise he gets from his headbut when the technique is executed perfectly. from the vid, i've foud several occasions were the stick or ftilt could be used, and now with the newer tech, i realize i first need to be able to master the first one to even attempt the second.

believe me, i'm pretty good at Ness's pk jump, so i know all about using an aerial to cancel the lag or airdodging before hitting the ground, but with lucas i don't get the heiggt that is required like in the vid, so iwant to know exactly how to get the height. is it timing or is this a new version of brawl or something? I just really want to know.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
set L or R to jump, then just press C down and L/R at the same time for lagless dair
set L or R to jump, set cstick for specials then just press C left/right and L/R at the same time for lagless pk fire
and so on...

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
WOOOOO I did it. I finally did it. thanks alot!! I know it may seem simple to you guys, but it took me a really long time to finally dodge to end the lag. I did it today and went right into an utilt as i landed with pure sexiness. i also found that it is possible to do it without changing r to jump, but it's harder.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
WOOOOO I did it. I finally did it. thanks alot!! I know it may seem simple to you guys, but it took me a really long time to finally dodge to end the lag. I did it today and went right into an utilt as i landed with pure sexiness. i also found that it is possible to do it without changing r to jump, but it's harder.
...yay? lol

M-GOD

Smash Rookie
Yes diddy is pretty annoying. Something I try when get up close is down tilt and then quickly do psi magnet(down B). Will send him back and he may not expect it. And just spam a few pk fires if he tries that dash b, Diddy Kong desrves it.

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
I also had a problem with a friend's Diddy. That is, until i discovered the b-stick. If you can stand to give up activating smashes a little quicker, setting your c-stick to perform specials is the way to go. A quick PKFire, PKThunder, PKT2, or even a close up PSIMagnet will put any "twitch" Diddy player in his palce.

Top Bottom