• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some help using PSA.

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
I'm not too sure if I should have put this in Help and Requests, but it's customized content, so I put it here.

I am creating a new easter egg taunt, similar to Ganon's Sword taunt, except on Mewtwo and he will use his spoon from the manga. I found it in his effect data, so I thought I would do something with it.

It involves switching from animation to animation on an alternate button input, similar to how Ganondorf's taunt activates. I also need to spawn the spoon, make Mewtwo glow, create the hit-boxes of the spoon, and make sure it the spoon disappears when the animation ends.

I have the animations already done and I know what sound effects I want and when they activate, but I have very little experience when it comes to coding attacks in PSA. I am trying to find someone who could help me out with this or at least guide me / give me advice on how to code it.

When it becomes a public release, I will give credit to whoever helped me out with this.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Essentially what you'd want to do is the following:
This is all assuming you use Brawlbox.
NOTE: X, Y, Z, A and all uppercase letters are random values that you will input yourself

Appeal(Hi/Sl/Sr/Lw) subaction

Go to a tab that's mostly empty/whatever and put in something similar to this:

Async timer X
Set Loop Y
Sync Timer 1
If Button Press Z
Change subaction A
Execue Loop

Then you'd go to a subaction that has "NONE" and rename it to any value. Make sure that the value of the subaction (where it's located is the same as the "Change Subaction" value of A

In the new subaction, you'd have the following
In the Main Tab
Async Timer X
Offensive Collision 1
(add as many as you need)
Sync Timer Y (or you could use Async Timer Z)
Terminate Collisions

Then go to the GFX tab and add
Flash Overlay Effect (RGB values here, so use paint or something to find the rgb values you want)

Or you could just go to Ganondorf's file and copy over the coding if you want something similar to that

For adding ext gfx like the spoon, there should be a tutorial in the A/A Tutorial Section of KCMM. The tutorial is by EternalYoshi.

Top Bottom