• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiHi

Smash Rookie
How can u dodge a sucide by bowser, kirby, and king dedede

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If it's by Kirby or DDD, press buttons wildly to get out.
If it's a Bowsercide or Ganoncide, there's nothing you can do once they grab you. And do note that they do go through shields, just like grabs.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
With Bowser you can direct it if you are a lower damage. If you're higher... than it's probably a better trade for you. ^_^

If you mash buttons you can escape from Kirby and Dedede's mouths.

Of course sometimes these deaths are inescapable.

infomon

Smash Scientist
.... are you sure you didn't mean to ask about hitlag?
.......... I guess Marth's tippers have both high hitlag and knockback *shrug*

Arcrandom

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5058-0892
I'm trying to get good with ROB, Donkey Kong, and Falco, I would like some tips on them. mainly falco I have a hard time recovering if I try to spike and I've got chain grabbing down.

CQC_SNAKE

Smash Cadet
tourney

i have my first tourney on sunday,i use snake,i kno how to snake dash and i have many grab combos,i need to know about character match ups wit snake and his weaknesses...:confused:

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
i have my first tourney on sunday,i use snake,i kno how to snake dash and i have many grab combos,i need to know about character match ups wit snake and his weaknesses...:confused:
He counters Metaknight, but you have to fight really well, don't let him get you in the air.
Watch out for Lucario. Don't underestimate or overestimate.

Cero

Smash Lord
^^
Whoh. Okay, Snake is definately not a counter for Meta Knight.
AFAIK, Meta Knight doesn't even have any proven counters... Just evens. :ohwell:

Cero

Smash Lord
^^
Heh. Sorry, I've got plans tonight...
And, wifi matches don't prove anything. (laggg...)

My point was that Meta Knight has no proven counters.
The only semi-accepted counter I've heard for Meta Knight is Diddy Kong on Final Destination.
And, even that proposed counter's still debateable. (Not everyone's Diddy is as good as NinjaLink's. :))

MastaShake99

Smash Journeyman
can somebody send me the links for the character weight list and the one that shows which characters are best and worst at which stages?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Keep playing him. Eventually you will learn how to deal with campers. Hell, I see you're Link. He spams might fine himself. Make use of his boomerangs, bombs, and arrows.

Calciphoce

Smash Cadet
Is there a significant amount of lag when using Wavebird controllers as opposed to regular GC ones? Furthermore, how does the Wavebird lag (if there is any) interact with Wifi lag?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Quick question about tournaments. I'm heading to my first Brawl tournament tomorrow, and I just had the thought "how do we organize tags?" Do we make them as we go for each set, or am I supposed to tell the TO my tag ahead of time?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Quick question about tournaments. I'm heading to my first Brawl tournament tomorrow, and I just had the thought "how do we organize tags?" Do we make them as we go for each set, or am I supposed to tell the TO my tag ahead of time?
well with the tourneys that I go to, you tell the TO's ahead of time, and they organize everything :laugh:

Is there a significant amount of lag when using Wavebird controllers as opposed to regular GC ones? Furthermore, how does the Wavebird lag (if there is any) interact with Wifi lag?
im pretty sure there are 2 frames of button lag. wavebird has nothing to do with Wifi lag.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
an alternate method is to run, press the a button to initiate the dash attack, then quickly press z and the opposite direction you're running.

another way is to hit down on the c-stick to initiate the dash attack, then press z and the opposite direction. this method works better for certain characters like falco. all you need to work on is the timing.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Is there a comprehensive list of the best direction to DI through escape any move/lock that can be DI'd out of, or does someone have to start one?

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I am sorry for asking here... but i can't find it...
a chart that shows the endurace or weight of the single characters... who is the heaviest, who is the lightest... the order is important for me

does anyone have a link? (not that green one :laugh: :dizzy:)

Sknil

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to effectively punish someone who constantly grabs? I play someone who only grabs as their approach. I know spot-dodging and then countering is good, but I was wondering if there are any other tips that could help.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Is there any way to effectively punish someone who constantly grabs? I play someone who only grabs as their approach. I know spot-dodging and then countering is good, but I was wondering if there are any other tips that could help.
projectiles are a big plus against grab spammers. try to stay aerial for the most part. and dont get grabbed?

lemme guess. your opponent is either D3 or olimar. am i right? :laugh:

Sknil

Smash Rookie
projectiles are a big plus against grab spammers. try to stay aerial for the most part. and dont get grabbed?

lemme guess. your opponent is either D3 or olimar. am i right? :laugh:
haha, surprisingly not. He plays Diddy and thinks that he has to always grab.

Yeah I've found that fireballs mixed with quick B-airs with Mario seem good and Zairs and missiles with Samus.
I was just wondering if there was anything else. Thanks.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Never quite figured it out, but it's a grab-release question.

Afer you have grabbed them, when you release, how do they jump into the air, rather then stay grounded and a few inches away.

Is there a certain way to do it, or nahh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom