• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need serious help for IC's

pockyD

Smash Legend
User CP (top of page) -> Edit Signature

then you can click on the insert image button or use the IMG and /IMG tags (with brackets) around the URL

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what level do i have to be to upload pics?

(sorry, i know that this isn't the point of the thread but i really want to know ho to do this)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, now i have a problem: how do you beat ness?

my friend spams ness's up b when i try to move twords him and when i get close he just wavedashes out of the way, uses smash b and smashes me while i'm stuck in the pillar of fire. i can ussually get out/away from the PK fire, but then he just rushes me and comboes me till i die.

i've tryed everyting that i know but hes just too fast for me to catch him.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
ok, now i have a problem: how do you beat ness?

my friend spams ness's up b when i try to move twords him and when i get close he just wavedashes out of the way, uses smash b and smashes me while i'm stuck in the pillar of fire. i can ussually get out/away from the PK fire, but then he just rushes me and comboes me till i die.

i've tryed everyting that i know but hes just too fast for me to catch him.
He spams PK Thunder? And you're getting hit by all of them? Come on, if he uses one from anywhere closer than half a screen away he should be punished, hard. Shield it and wavesmash.

If you know he's going to WD back and PK Fire then why aren't you jumping over it? Rolling through it? Shielding it? Ice blocking it? Stop WD'ing right into the fire, it'll solve all your problems.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he usually PK thunders me while i'm falling and miss time the air-dodge (my fault, i know) but i don't WD into the PK Fire. i'm not stupid. he wave dances and tricks me into making a mistake.

i guess what i'm asking is if there is a strategy to use against mindgames. hes really good at that.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
i guess what i'm asking is if there is a strategy to use against mindgames. hes really good at that.
LOL what a statement.

So he's dancing around, you go in for an attack and miss, then he hits you during your lag?

Guess what, that's called PLAYING SMASH.

Is he dashing forward and wavedashing back? Is he on the ground a lot or does he use DJC aerials more? Is he using the bat (honestly I hate the bat more than anything else Ness does).

If you want help you'll have to be more specific about what he's doing, and what you're doing.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't think you have a grasp of what "mindgames" are

but sure, the only counter for "mindgames" is BETTER "mindgames"

or 2x as good tech skill plus playing falco -_-

ICs are very mindgame-centric though

Top Bottom