• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Zelda Project M

0bii

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I'm relatively new to Smashboards, but recently downloaded Project M and I was just wondering: is there any way to revert Zelda's bside (Din's Fire) back to the way it was in Brawl? That is, I don't like the way Project M changed Zelda's Din's fire move. I am a Zelda main, and there is a lot of debate over whether Din's Fire is more powerful in Project M versus brawl. Personally, I like the brawl version better. If you like Project M's tweak to the move then that's fine, but I'm not here to discuss that. I would like to know if there is any way to specifically alter the move in the files somewhere so that it reverts back to the way it was. I am by no means a master at programming, tweaking, etc. but I do have enough skill to where I have successfully tweaked stage music, character costumes, and all of the like.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks (:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure you can't revert moves back to brawl moves without A) reverting all of the moves and B) without messing up her physics. All I can tell you to do is delete FitZelda.pac in projectm/pf/fighter/zelda and see what happens.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The properties of Din's can probably be reverted back to vBrawl. But there's probably a code that prevents this, because Snake's grenades are similar. The timer on them was cut in half and it's controlled by a code, not the FitSnake.PAC instead. I could be wrong though, I'm just guessing. But its possible to revert Din's.

0bii

Smash Rookie
Why would you want Brawl Din's? Good luck ever landing that move against a competent player.
If you read my post all the way through, you'd see it's simply because of personal preference. I'm not really competitive - I'm a fairly casual player. And I like brawl's version better.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
If you read my post all the way through, you'd see it's simply because of personal preference. I'm not really competitive - I'm a fairly casual player. And I like brawl's version better.
project m was made to be more competitive, dont like it, try brawl.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Gotcha. I like the Brawl version too, but I find it far too slow to hit anything. What would you think of a faster/smaller fireball that detonates on release?

0bii

Smash Rookie
project m was made to be more competitive, dont like it, try brawl.
Actually, Project M was made so that you could experience the best of brawl and melee together. It wasn't designed for competition alone, it was designed to be fun as well. I have tried brawl - don't like it. Why don't you try posting your narrow-minded and unwanted interjections elsewhere?

0bii

Smash Rookie
Gotcha. I like the Brawl version too, but I find it far too slow to hit anything. What would you think of a faster/smaller fireball that detonates on release?
Seeing as the brawls din is enormous, taking the size down a bit to get speed would be a smart choice. (:

Player -0

Smash Hero
You'd probably have the most luck posting in the customized content thread to see if anyone can mod P:M to do that. That or message a modder that would be willing to do it.

0bii

Smash Rookie
You'd probably have the most luck posting in the customized content thread to see if anyone can mod P:M to do that. That or message a modder that would be willing to do it.
Very good idea. I'm new to this site so I didn't even think about that. Thanks! (:

Top Bottom