• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help with Rising Tornado

EpicFlyingTaco

Smash Cadet
Luigi is a secondary of mine and I've been playing with him a lot lately, but the Rising Tornado is a ton of trouble for me mainly because my button mashing skills suck.

Is there any special tricks I'm missing that would make the Rising Tornado easier?

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
There are probably different techniques. I personally do it by contracting all the muscles in my arm, making the whole arm tremor. For me this yields about 11 presses per second max.

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
When using it I quickly put my finger above the pad and tense up and hammer away, generally hit it 12+ times.

Shiv.

Smash Rookie
I've seen a bunch of people suggesting to 'flick' the button instead of pushing it all the way through, so you basically put your thumb on the very edge of your B button and flick away. Honestly though, I think it comes down to personal preference and practice. Try out a bunch of methods and find out what works best for you.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
What I do is similar to what ElStalky was saying. Just tighten your arm muscles and make your thumb vibrate right above the button.

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
You just need to find a way that works best for you.

I do something similar to ElStalky and Jekyll which is put my index finger over my thumb, tighten my arm muscles, and make my thumb vibrate.

I recommend practicing on FD or FoD so you can clearly see the height you are getting and keep recovering from lower heights each time you practice.

Playing the button-pressing heavy minigames of Mario Party 1 or Mario Party 2 can help you out, if you have the games. Especially the shy guy race in Mario Party 2.

For future reference this thread is stickied to talk about the tornado, down-air, and taunt thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-tornado-b-down-down-air-and-taunt-thread.64648/page-4

K-9

Smash Rookie
I may have the answer for you! I had the same issue as you, I just couldn't press that button fast enough no matter how tense I made my arm and hand. Then I learned this technique which I'm not sure if I've seen anyone mention on the Luigi boards before. Its called the pen technique. What you do is you hold out your index finger and instead of pressing the button you rub it back and forth. Basically you rub your finger over the b button from side to side and never have to lift your finger up. For maximum speed due it near the edge of the button. I get full height every time! I hope this helps!

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I may have the answer for you! I had the same issue as you, I just couldn't press that button fast enough no matter how tense I made my arm and hand. Then I learned this technique which I'm not sure if I've seen anyone mention on the Luigi boards before. Its called the pen technique. What you do is you hold out your index finger and instead of pressing the button you rub it back and forth. Basically you rub your finger over the b button from side to side and never have to lift your finger up. For maximum speed due it near the edge of the button. I get full height every time! I hope this helps!

Top Bottom