• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help downloading project m, tried everything

Jedi_

Smash Rookie
So my friends wii is hacked with homebrew, but he lost his SD card so i used a clean one

I have a SDHC card (not sure if its an issue)

what do i need to download to open project m

ive tried downlong project m from the official website, ive tried downloading neogamma and going through stage builder after deleting my old custom stages. Ive tried downloading gecko1931.

Im not really sure on what i need to download to get this thing to work

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Download the homebrew (full) set from the site, and extract all the contents to the sd card. It comes with it's own launcher.

Last edited:

Jedi_

Smash Rookie
Download the homebrew (full) set from the site, and extract all the contents to the sd card. It comes with it's own launcher.
tried that

don't extract straight to the SD card though, extract it, then take what's in the homebrew folder out and put that on the root of your SD.
did that

SDHC is a problem as they are after Brawl's release so won't recognise them.
yeah i think its my sd card because it works great until i go into stage builder on neogamma or try to start the pm loader, ill try again with a regular sd card.

Also i have the disk so idk if your link helps or not

Jedi_

Smash Rookie
i have just now tried using a regular 2 gb sd card with the project m files from the website, and it didnt work

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
i have just now tried using a regular 2 gb sd card with the project m files from the website, and it didnt work
Make sure that it is ACTUALLY a 2 GB card. Put it in your computer and check the capacity there. Many a time I have found a "2 GB" SD card that's actually a 4 GB

Jedi_

Smash Rookie
Make sure that it is ACTUALLY a 2 GB card. Put it in your computer and check the capacity there. Many a time I have found a "2 GB" SD card that's actually a 4 GB
yeah i checked its a 2gb

narpas, i checked ur link and realized i didnt download the gecko GCT, so i downloaded it and still nothing

My problem is that when i start the pm launcher, it takes me to the first menu where you can select to play or get updates After i hit play my screen goes black and i never get the screen with the wriststrap message

Jedi_

Smash Rookie
I found and solved the problem, here is some info for others who may be stuck
So after days and days of lookign for the problem, turns out my buddies wii was on 4.2u and needed to be upgraded to 4.3u.
So i went to the wii menu and due to having homebrew i wasnt able to update my wii by wifi.
turns out you can use another hack called ModMii to update your wii without needing wifi.
After that everything worked out fine

Thanks guys for the help

Top Bottom