• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need advice, issues with my controller and surroundings.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Hello, first of all sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, this place is a maze!

I have a weird issue and it involves my Wii U Pro controller, the buttons on it are so LOUD!
Myself and my family sitting across the room from me hate the constant sound of "CLICK" "CLICK" when I play, it drives us nuts! I feel guilty playing it.

As we know this game is very frantic, just visit any stream on Twitch and I guarantee the commentator is being bombarded by the sound of themselves mashing the buttons. As much as I love watching high level play the noise does my head in!
This problem is also effecting how I play, I hesitate because I don't want to hit the button so I miss simple recoverys and potential punishes.

So I need help in what I should do, is there a controller that has quite buttons regardless of how hard I hit them? Do I cover my hands with a pillow? I really want to play this, but God, just a single "CLICK" bugs us.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
My pro controller isn't anywhere close as loud as the gamecube controller, not even close. Is your controller in need of a good cleaning? If the buttons get sticky they could be doing that.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
My pro controller isn't anywhere close as loud as the gamecube controller, not even close. Is your controller in need of a good cleaning? If the buttons get sticky they could be doing that.
Possibly, how would I go about cleaning them?

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
That's kind of an unfortunate pet peeve to have if you wanna play Smash. Maybe you can lubricate your controller somehow, but I dunno.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Possibly, how would I go about cleaning them?
I usually remove the battery, clean it with a moist cloth and water and then let dry completely before using it again. I wouldn't use any chemicals. I had to do this once because I spilled orange juice on mine which of course made the buttons very sticky.

Top Bottom