• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need a little help from my fellow smash customizers

Loker

Smash Rookie
I would greatly appreciate some good directions to completely remove the black name bars from the CSS tiles , I am pretty new to customizing so feel free to talk to me like I am a 5 year old. Thanks guys.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I recently PM'd a couple of serious talented modders about this very question (Shun_one, Mewtwo2000, Taiko, Royal Syrup, etc; )

I've had different responses and have not had enough time to try the various amount on top of others not responding yet.
Here is what I have been told thus far when asking this question.

210stuna said
Hey man, how do I get rid of the character titles above their icon on the CSS?
Shun_one said
MiscData30/AnmChr/MenselchrFaceI
MiscData30/Models/MenselchrFaceI

Move the bone really high up. Or make it really small. Repeat this for Face G and H too.
Mewtwo2000 said
The textures for the character names are stored in pf/system/common5.pac/sc_selcharacter_en/miscdata[30]. Replace them with black textures and you're done.

A black pixel will do it, yeah.
Patt Anderson said
I believe this is how I do it.

Common 5

sc_selcharacter_en

MiscData[30]

AnmChr(NW4R)

MenSelchrFaceI_TopN_0

nameEA7

Change Translation Y to 100
So there you have it, I don't know what else to do unless I find out or have to test them ouit myself when I can

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Open common5 in BrawlBox.

sc_selcharacter -> MiscData[30] -> AnmChr[NW4R] -> MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 -> nameEA0

Click on nameEA0 and you'll see a box with some scale/rotation/translation and X/Y/Z coordinates towards the bottom.
Edit the scale of the X, Y, and Z axis coordinates all to 0.

Repeat this for MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 to MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0.
Note that it won't have a "nameEA0", it will probably have a different number for each one. MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 for example has nameEA8. Once you've edited the scale of all the X/Y/Z axis coordinates, save it. Load up Project M and you should have a CSS without the names.

It's not very hard or complex at all, this process should only take you a couple minutes.

Last edited:

Loker

Smash Rookie
Alright thank you guys, I managed to get it to work with the changing the Y directions.

Top Bottom