• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nearing the end; how confident are you that your top character will appear in ANY capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
With Sakurai stating we're scraping the bottom of newcomer videos, the famed Gematsu leak, rampant speculation of returning or cut characters, and the Japanese release in September inching ever closer, the window of opportunity for our favorite character gets smaller with each passing week.

How confident are you that your favorite/most-requested character will show up in the game in ANY form (playable fighter, Assist Trophy, regular trophy, et. al.)?

With Sonic being revealed several months ago, my alternative top character (but most-requested new character), John Raimi of Geist, has run the gamut of hope.

From the moment that the next Smash was announced, I've gone from, "That's would be nice, but it's highly unlikely," to "...You know what? I think he actually has a good chance!" back to, "I'm kidding myself--he doesn't have a shot."

While the reality of him actually being playable, I think, hovers around the "extremely low," there's only a slightly increased chance of him being an Assist Trophy, but a moderate chance we could have him as a regular trophy. The only hope I cling to is that 1. He's unique, and 2. His game was mentioned in Brawl (well, it was a list of Nintendo-published games, so it was more of a fact than any actual consideration).

So, overall, as the Miiverse updates come and go, I think I'm coming to terms that most requested fighter will have to get his chance another day... :(

Speculator

Smash Ace
My top pick for a newcomer is already in. Lil' Mac was long overdue.

Is it just me, or after a reveal do people tend to go; "Ok, great, they're in! Now who do I want next?" It seems like a sure-fire way to never quite be satisfied with the final roster. :smirk:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
100% since we know Ridley is in, just not what his role is.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Unless a miracle happens, I'm probably not gonna get Shantae.
Game & Watch is definitely returning.
Bandana Dee is probably going to happen.
9-Volt is a "maybe."
Sceptile is....not likely.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Robin: playable
Krystal: either Trophy / Codec, or Playable (She doesn't fit AT status)
Tingle: AT
Zoroark: In the game somehow, probably Pokeball
Shulk: Probably playable
Dixie: Probably playable

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Haha, I already got my "top" character, Robin, so... I'd say I'm 100% confident that he/she will appear in some capacity.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm super pumped that Bandana Dee has a big shot. I'm a little Iffy on Hades from KI:U, but he would be a great Villan addition as a secret character. King K Rool, I think may get bumped for Dixie. Sceptile is probable, but mewtwo is a thing...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ness will be back and I'm quite confident Lucas will be in.

Shulk took a blow on Monday but I think he'll be in.

Ridley still has a shot, it'd be a **** move if Ridley was revealed to be a stage hazard this late.

King K Rool I feel will be in the game. They brought back the Kremlings.

Marshal has the Sneaky Spirit enemy in Smash Run and is in the only series of Smash Run to not have a playable character yet.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is definitely in the game, but whether he's playable or not has yet to be seen.

K. Rool has a decent chance at worst at being a playable character, and other than that I'd eat my hat if he didn't make it in some other way.

Shulk has a good chance at being playable.

Base line is I want Ridley to be playable. That's a good part of making or breaking the roster for me, although there are a good few newcomers that seriously do interest me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm highly confident Krystal will at the very least have a trophy. Anything beyond that is a big question mark.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
For me, top spot is shared by 2 characters...
...so 100%, since they happen to be K. Rool and Ridley. K. Rool will at least be a trophy, though hopefully as a character, and Ridley is definitely in the game in some capacity.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool: 90%, I'm positive he's in more now than ever.
Isaac: 80%, my confidence is growing!
Robin: I'd have stated 45% last week, BUT CONFIRMED! :D
Dixie Kong: 65%, Lucina REALLY helps Dixie's chances, but Dixie would need to be a bit more different from Diddy than Lucina is from Marth.
Ridley: 95%, I'll never say 100% until a character is confirmed, but I think he's in.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Been extremely ill/sick the past few days....feel so bad beyond relief RealTalk.....been very curious to try keep up with the site now things actually started getting crazy thanks to that reveal & gematsu's death (sorta)

But yes ...plz need my medicine Sakurai one of these will do & have Mewtwo return.

downloadfile-14.png

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Mega man is already playable the only character I want in now is K.Rool I want to believe he is in but you never know what sakurai has planned for this game. At one point I did want professor Layton as a playable character but I know he has no chance of being in this game.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Captain N, well the optimist way to put it is his chances have never gotten worse per se.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Mewtwo 100%
Ridley 100%
Black Shadow 85%
King K. Rool 50%
Geno 20%
Klonoa 5%
Goku 5%

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm like 95% sure Isaac will appear in some capacity, with the 5% room for doubt being if Matthew replaces him as the AT and he somehow doesn't appear at all.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I'm 98% sure that Takamaru will be in the game. Fat Mac has a trophy, so the Captain Rainbow version of Takamaru probably does too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ummm... I'm hoping these aren't chances for being playable, because... Ummmm...
Personally I fully agree on Black Shadow, I think Ganondorf could get a new moveset and Black Shadow has an updated old Ganondorf moveset, now that Captain Falcon WAS confirmed before release. Also F-Zero is the only O12 franchise not to have a second rep, and the F-Zero franchise, although it hasn't had a game in about 10 years, is bigger than Star Fox, Earthbound, and Kid Icarus (F-Zero has about 7 games). I certainly wouldn't give Mewtwo a 100%, though.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
My most wanted newcomer got in two days ago.

Out of the ones that are still up in the air, I'm hoping the most for Shulk, and it still seems likely that he's in. King K. Rool is a step down in that I wouldn't go out of my way to use him but it'd be cool to see him in, and his odds are...who knows at this point.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Shulk's chances are still really good. Maybe 90-95%? Sounds like a fair assessment, can't put an exact number in cases like this.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I have all the confidence in the world that Shulk will be playable. I had it prior to the leak, and I still have it with the leak now under scrutiny. We've gotten hits from both his English and Japanese voice actors, and Monolith Soft themselves that he'll be in there. Sakurai is confirmed to be a fan of Xenoblade, and not to mention the game was very successful in Japan, Europe and North America. The fact that it's about to get a spiritual sequel on the Wii U certainly can't hurt either.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm 100% sure shulk and ridley are playable, so fine there.

My top character is snake however
Snake-90% chance in

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Shulk and Marshall/Chorus Men are still likely to me. Ridley I am hugely doubtful of due to him being a stage hazard. Shantae, I still have hope for mainly because Greninja and Robin who were characters I wanted got in, and she is the most likely eshop candidate to get in.
For Veterans I have no fear Ness, Meta Knight, and Wario will get in. Mewtwo I think will come because I think Gamefreak and Sakurai are well aware of their poularity. Solid Snake is the one I am worried for.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Palutena is in, Ridley's in but his role remains unclear, Shulk was highly likely even before Gemastu, so his chances aren't affected, and K. Rool has the Kremlings in SR.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was extremely confident in Toon Link, Rosalina, Little Mac, Charizard (solo), Lucario/Ike, and Robin. I was indeed correct regarding almost every character selection as of current. This has only served to create my more pretentious attitude. I am also speculating in favor of Ridley (100% confidence), Mewtwo (90%) confidence, Ghirahim (80% confidence, the other 20% is attributed towards Impa), Pittoo (25% confidence), and Black Shadow (25% confidence). These are my most wanted newcomers.

I am not sure where I would place Shulk or Rhythm Heaven Representative as they are not my most wanted and I am not utterly confident in them. However, I certainly feel as though they are possibilities.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm 100% sure shulk and ridley are playable, so fine there.

My top character is snake however
Snake-90% chance in
I think Ridley has a good chance. I dunno, but I don't have a good feeling about shulk... I hope he makes it... :/ And Snake I feel has a low chance this time around.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I know, it just seems that Mewtwo's chances aren't QUITE 100%, but are very high. Black shadow is an interesting one, I never would've thought he had that great of a chance...
It's opinion based, not factual.
But i'll give you some insight on my suspicion in regards to their inclusion.

I believe full heartedly that the Greninja trailer was meant to make us think it was Mewtwo, and was a nod to his secret inclusion.
A troll or misdirect by Sakurai to tease the fans for Mewtwo as he is aware of his popularity, similar to that of Ridely's tease.
There's also no reason why pokemon can't have 6 reps, it had 6 in brawl, plus six fits perfectly because that's how many you can carry in a party. Also his moveset already exists from melee so he's not as much work as a new comer.

Secondly Sakurai stated he held off showing Yoshi because of the amount of change the character received, which was a re-posturing. Now Ganondorf hasn't been shown yet so it's possible he's getting a heavy change and it's possible Black Shadow could absorb part his old move set. Since people often want Ganondorf to have moves canonical to his franchise ie, sword and magic.
Lucina has recently been shown as a clone, so we know clones are back, Falcon's back, maybe Black Shadow will be his clone.

It's a lot of straw grasping but I don't know I'm thinking we our getting a villain trailer or something, we got our Waifu's and we also wanted villains but we haven't seen many yet.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Bowser Jr.: Confident he's a trophy.
Palutena: Playable.
Mewtwo: Also confident he's a trophy, he could be playable, though.
Andy/Sami: Sticker at max (no pun intended), if stickers return. :(
Neku: Never expected him in.
King K. Rool: See Mewtwo.
Little Mac: Playable.
Chorus Men: I think there's a playable RH character, but it could be pretty much anyone from that franchise.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
My initially top character was Skull Kid and we all know what happened there...well at least it's something.
Then came the Chorus Kids. I can't really put out a percentage of how likely their inclusion is but the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run has to mean something so I'm holding on to that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got Mega Man, Sonic, Toon Link, Rosalina, and Palutena.

I want Professor Layton playable, but I'm not sure about it happening.
I want Snake back, but I'm getting anxious since I feel there were already tons of good reveal opportunities for him.

I think at least a trophy is possible for these two, though.

Rayman was not even something I thought would be realistic to consider even though he is really fitting and one of my favourite characters, but his reveal as a trophy changed that, and the SECOND Rayman trophy that I guess I consider a leak further drives me to believe he could be playable. While I know most people think being revealed as a trophy before being revealed as playable is a de-confirmation, Sakurai has thrown too many surprises/troll moves/broke too many patterns, and revealed four of the newcomers in standout ways. So I can't take that as gospel. At the very least, he's excellent material for a DLC fighter.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
My initially top character was Skull Kid and we all know what happened there...well at least it's something.
That's kind of the feeling, isn't it? "At least it's something." I felt the same way when Dillon was revealed. I was disappointed that he wasn't playable, but I knew it was either that or being relegated to the regular trophy museum (or possibly nothing).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shulk: Highly likely to be playable, but in the unlikely event that he isn't, he will at least be a trophy. I'm confident he will be playable, however. Really, my thoughts about his being playable can be summed up with this:

Homura: Mii Gunner is playable. That counts. It just won't have the voice of Chiwa Saito / Christina Vee.

Ness: There is no way he is not playable. It's only a matter of time, really.

Lucas: After Lucina's reveal, I am convinced Lucas is back. I had confidence in him to begin with, but at this point, I'd be shocked if he wasn't back. He'll be a trophy at least though.

Wario: Again, there is no way he is not playable. Unlike Ness though, the "W" icon has been shown. Heck, it's even been used for Waluigi.

Mr. Game & Watch: Still pissed at that tease, but yeah, he's back. Falcon has made me worry a little, but at this point, he's become a staple of the series. And for a straw grasp; the whiteboard drawing.

R.O.B.: Probably playable. If not, trophy.

Ice Climbers: This is not over. BEARS! There might have been issues at the beginning, but Rosalina is here, and if anything, she proves those issues have probably been sorted out.

Jigglypuff: A staple. Not going anywhere. Trophy at least.

Mewtwo: The single most requested basically everywhere. I think he's playable, but if not, I hope his trophy is hard to earn.

Wolf: Probably playable, but he will at the very least, be a trophy.

Meta Knight: Playable. No question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom