• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
NC you should record replays more often. videos really help expand communities.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
It was specific. While the question is general, the situation that warranted the question can't be called discussions when they are more aptly described as insult slinging.
So, you take a situation that was left anonymous and put a name on it just now? Whatever it is, cursing someone out or arguing about random **** in your every day life, it shouldn't be public. There's no difference between the two in this case, both should be in private. I don't quite understand why you even bothered to make the comparison, nothing would come of this besides this being made public.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Hey NC, quick question :)

if you have beef with someone, do you think it is more mature and honorable to discuss it publicly on the boards or to avoid flaming and argumentation in the community by resolving personal issues over private messages.
This is just my opinion but I would state that it depends upon what issue is. Also, another issue is if the issue just involves you two or if it involve someone else. If it involves someone else then let those other people know even if you have to go public with it. Honestly, I say make it private.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just feel that taking out players like that will hurt the last MLG event. Not only will results be skewed and people saying "Bet it wouldn't be that way if ADHD/M2K was there" but there may not be as much attention to the event because of their absence.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
That still doesn't tell me exactly what happened.

I bet Alex Feathers knows the full, objective story a little better. Requesting that guy to explain it.

EDIT: Btw, Congrats on hitting 1000 pages in this thread, boys. We spam like nobody's business.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
alright so basically, this all started at MGC Championships in vegas last weekend.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289791

theres a lot of drama, but basically cheese and chibosempai (the worst 2 players there) whined a lot because m2k/ally/lee martin/mikehaze/fatal wouldn't split with them so they generally whined and acted like douchebags the whole weekend and ruined their reputations.

then advance to about 2 days later, m2k and adhd got banned from MLG dallas for "fixing a match". the rumor at the time was that m2k asked adhd if he would give m2k some money if m2k threw the match, and many ppl thought that they totally deserved the ban and all. then m2k and adhd found out (since they were not notified beforehand), and they started posting their sides of the story, which is basically that m2k asked adhd if he wanted to split, adhd said "we'll see" and they played the set out normally, and then after ADHD won the whole tourney (beating rich brown 2 sets in GFs) he told M2K he would give him an extra 300.

so basically nothing bad actually happened, but someone told MLG that m2k and adhd had cheated and fixed the brackets in order to do whatever, and they were banned because of it. NOW, the rumor is that chibo ratted out m2k and adhd to get back at m2k for not splitting with him and cheese at MGC.

so we'll see where that one leads.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wellllllllll personally i didn't like MLG that much anyway so idrc. compared to pound 4 anyway (my only other national, lolol)

sucks for all the people who won all the money there though

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
That's is you get for giving Brawl players anything.

Wouldn't have happened for Melee. Just sayin.

It would have, actually.

As far as splitting/fixing goes, people have done the same in melee tourneys from what i've heard

I won't say any name though lol

This drama episode affects "Smash" and not just Brawl since people looking from the outside see us as one community

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
you guys are so pathetic...wow
I'm actually not being serious. There are a lot of Brawl players that I like a lot.

I still don't think it would have happened with Melee because Cheese doesn't play. ;]

EDIT: Mike G, yeah people split sometimes, but I can't see it happening at an MLG. And I don't think there's been a split at a major/national to my knowledge in a long time. Used to happen in MD/VA frequently though.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
EDIT: Mike G, yeah people split sometimes, but I can't see it happening at an MLG. And I don't think there's been a split at a major/national to my knowledge in a long time. Used to happen in MD/VA frequently though.
How sure are you about that? Remember, players won't actually make that info public that they split etc at nationals. Plus, top melee players have done this at a MLG back when melee was on the circuit but weren't banned for it.

Either way, this mess ends up hurting Brawl's chances on their line up next year.:awesome:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
whups the issue is over

I can record brawl but I don't go to enough stuff to make that work. Someone really should step up on that though.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Everyone hates M2K always winning MLG, but hates it even more when he loses on purpose?

sooooo... i guess moral is, win until you cant but dont think you can just halfass it cause some scrub will be salty as hell over it.

So Fatal

Smash Master
alright so basically, this all started at MGC Championships in vegas last weekend.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289791

theres a lot of drama, but basically cheese and chibosempai (the worst 2 players there) whined a lot because m2k/ally/lee martin/mikehaze/fatal wouldn't split with them so they generally whined and acted like douchebags the whole weekend and ruined their reputations.

then advance to about 2 days later, m2k and adhd got banned from MLG dallas for "fixing a match". the rumor at the time was that m2k asked adhd if he would give m2k some money if m2k threw the match, and many ppl thought that they totally deserved the ban and all. then m2k and adhd found out (since they were not notified beforehand), and they started posting their sides of the story, which is basically that m2k asked adhd if he wanted to split, adhd said "we'll see" and they played the set out normally, and then after ADHD won the whole tourney (beating rich brown 2 sets in GFs) he told M2K he would give him an extra 300.

so basically nothing bad actually happened, but someone told MLG that m2k and adhd had cheated and fixed the brackets in order to do whatever, and they were banned because of it. NOW, the rumor is that chibo ratted out m2k and adhd to get back at m2k for not splitting with him and cheese at MGC.

so we'll see where that one leads.

HEY! I was not included in the split with haze/m2k/ally/lee.

Until I beat m2k that is, then they included me ^.^

Top Bottom