• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And we get back to people thinking SWD is all that useful. Full circle and then some.

Samus can wavedash just as fast, if not faster on most stages (in fact running beats SWD on some stages), and she can change up the timing and spacing of her wavedashes much more easily. Get at some Aftermath. She can also do the wavedash instantly, while the SWD requires 42 frames of a very punishable move, and it can only be done on the 43rd frame, so she'll always come barreling toward you at the same time. When you compare a move with long start-up, predictable timing, and difficult to control spacing with an option that has little to no start-up, unpredictable timing and easy to control spacing, the latter wins every time. And maybe it's because I play Samus, and since I learned about the SWD, I've seen more of them than I care to remember, but between familiarity, and knowing its weaknesses, I just find the SWD boring. Even embarrassing.

As far as your assessment of phanna, I can't help but think you're exaggerating. Perhaps he's the best Samus you've played. I wouldn't doubt that, unless you've played IHSB (which should have happened by now). Fact is, there are a lot of Sami out there with much better follow-ups, much more dominant pressure, and much, much more solid fundamentals.

But don't take my word for it: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8596155&postcount=9

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
You explaining why you think swd is bad isn't gonna change anything. He still found a good way to implement it into his game effeciently but.. haters gonna hate

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
a post made on the day I probably made this whole account...okay.

esam is pretty accurate though. but don't forget, we're not exactly talking tournament play here. we're talking goofy, recorded friendlies at phanna's apartment when it's just the two of us, and he's had a beer or two in him. He's doing SWD's and extenders, and i'm doing side b edgecancels and uair combos and pivot fsmashes every opportunity i think i might see.

i have yet to play IHSB or phanna in tournament, and would not know exactly what to expect from either. I would probably not put phanna in the top 5 either, maybe not even in the top 10 sami, but the guy was in rockcrocks crew for years, and he certainly knows how to fight ganon, and hits with some interesting combos on occasion. memorable things from a samus are few and far between.

The fact that i can respectably play against the guy (i'd say matches are his favor around 70:30) show that in these friendlies he's not some godlike samus who chooses to counter my approaches with the most useful response. I don't know if he's incapable of doing so, or is simply having a good time. to me, either one is acceptable.

in each subsequent session, i'm doing better and better vs him, because i become more and more accustomed to his style and ability. even so, even while paying attention, he pops up in unexpected areas when i think i have time.

the ganon samus matchup is even, and it's very interesting to play. Me and phanna both try to style on each other lol. he succeeds more often than i do though. when i do get styled on, i find it appropriate to show some respect.

:ganondorf:
:samus:

edit: actually **** all that up there, pretty much sneak is spot on lol.

lord karn

Smash Master
You explaining why you think swd is bad isn't gonna change anything. He still found a good way to implement it into his game effeciently but.. haters gonna hate

It's not even about implementing it into his game efficiently. There might have even been other options that were more efficient. The fact of the matter is that swd to extender is really cool, kind of like the sacred combo or any other ridiculous and impractical combo. The thing people are impressed by IS the flashiness of his playstyle, which is hard to do in its own way. Nobody here is saying that Phanna is one of the best samuses. We're saying he does cool stuff, he's a pretty good player, and it's impressive.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, i think ph00ts argument is that he does unnecessary/useless stuff, he's an okay player at best, and it's not impressive cuz he doesn't be big name players with it.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
haters gonna hate

I keep seeing this, so I thought I'd comment. aren't you usually hating on NC for being a good for nothing troll state? Pretty sure that the only reason why people troll you on occasion around here is that you act like NC pissed in your corn flakes most mornings. I understand your position with this, but I'm just saying I think that's it man. In short, I think you're an easy troll target and there's stuff you could do yourself to avoid that instead of blame the trolls.

:oneeye:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
what would you call it kage? I can't imagine it being too far in either characters advantage. If ur assuming itsganons adv, play hugs at G2 and report back lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
what would you call it kage? I can't imagine it being too far in either characters advantage. If ur assuming itsganons adv, play hugs at G2 and report back lol.
K I will, it's probably 55:45.. 6-4 Ganon. Samus's aerial game is ****.. you can abuse that easily. The ground game is trickier though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kage is a much better player than he is a melee wisdom bank lol. Ganon vs Samus is daaaamn close to even. If I had to pick one I'd say Ganon wins, but I'd say 60/40 is completely wrong.

Lucas: bro status

Sneak: change your tampon

Snap: spell Ganon correctly.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I keep seeing this, so I thought I'd comment. aren't you usually hating on NC for being a good for nothing troll state? Pretty sure that the only reason why people troll you on occasion around here is that you act like NC pissed in your corn flakes most mornings. I understand your position with this, but I'm just saying I think that's it man. In short, I think you're an easy troll target and there's stuff you could do yourself to avoid that instead of blame the trolls.

:oneeye:
People try troll me because Im real and not afraid to talk **** to people. And I never hated on the state for trolling, this state has a thing for misinterpretation, especially you, you'll take a comeplete wrong way and post some nonsense then everyone else has a opinion on some nonsense that had nothing to do with anything in the first place. I said that most people here overdo it with the trolling and its true especially with the thread that it was in. The brocator thread is more understandable for it to take place in and I was also trying to get the state to become more serious about the game so kevin wouldn't be the only respected player skillwise outside of the region.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol how am I free? I've only played you once rusty as f*ck and I won 2 out of 5 matches, all 5 were 1 stock. Also if you can't afford a tampon you should probably get a better job. Some of the **** you said about lucas was much more pathetic than NC's smash scene could ever be viewed as. That's why I said that. You need to chill out little buddy.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also sneak why aren't you ranked in NC?... Oh wait. It's a shame that PP is the "only respected player" from NC but there are 9 others you can't seem to outrank lol

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Who said I couldn't afford it? That was my way of challenging you for taking a shot at me. Take shots at me and I shoot back plain n simple. Lucas was fishing for a response so I gave him one. He trolled me, I trolled back. And yea I called ur ganon free so put up, or keep it moving

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Also sneak why aren't you ranked in NC?... Oh wait. It's a shame that PP is the "only respected player" from NC but there are 9 others you can't seem to outrank lol
What does that have to do with me? Kevin is pretty much all people think of when anyone outside the region thinks NC. I never tried to up myself with the statement. I stated i was trying to motivate the state to step it up so we can get on that level. I wasn't ranked last season losing to only cyrain lozr Kevin and mahone.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lol dude my inactive *** will MM you any day. Bring it. I make more in one hour of work than you would be willing to risk vs me.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What does that have to do with me? Kevin is pretty much all people think of when anyone outside the region thinks NC. I never tried to up myself with the statement. I stated i was trying to motivate the state to step it up so we can get on that level. I wasn't ranked last season losing to only cyrain lozr Kevin and mahone.

no johns....?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
LOL yeah stating a fact means I'm johning? I work 84 hours a week, my bad if I'm not practicing every night in my room with the lights off LOL. You ain't good.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
LOL yeah stating a fact means I'm johning? I work 84 hours a week, my bad if I'm not practicing every night in my room with the lights off LOL. You ain't good.
Lol at the time we played I didn't even have a cube to play melee on, and ur not the only one who works. I work 40 a week I have a girl and people im with outside of smash and play other game competitively. Stop trying to find a way to make ur john work. I play like once every two weeks tops if that. Either way I just stated the truth about who I lost to and u called it a john.. u can't have it both ways

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Ok, since sneak wants to take shots.

lol i honestly would rather be considered salty than considered a free win whenever they see my name in bracket
spoken like a true virgin / nerd who never sees the light of day. you sound like a little ****ing girl dude

Yea i know, your like a "bye" that can post. You just enter tournaments as "bye". No one would tell the difference anyway
Next time you enter a tournament, just enter as "virgin". Rest assured buddy, we will know it's you.

lol and with that sir, i say GG, and oh yea, stop confusing NC as a state with a select few people in NC's smash community lol
Go back to whatever gay state you came from.

And do us a favor and stop talking yourself up, like saying you squander v. lozr when his drunk *** ***** you. Or like bragging about your placement on Zenith when you didn't beat ANYONE and then got ***** by blackchris soon after.

I agree, you ain't good.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Ok, since sneak wants to take shots.

spoken like a true virgin / nerd who never sees the light of day. you sound like a little ****ing girl dude

Next time you enter a tournament, just enter as "virgin". Rest assured buddy, we will know it's you.

Go back to whatever gay state you came from.

And do us a favor and stop talking yourself up, like saying you squander v. lozr when his drunk *** ***** you. Or like bragging about your placement on Zenith when you didn't beat ANYONE and then got ***** by blackchris soon after.

I agree, you ain't good.
Lmao virgin, was that seriously the best you could come up with? Your nothing to me, and have no right to call anyone a nerd when you definitely spend more time on here then me. Be serious kid, I'm obviously no where near a virgin. And for the record, i never bragged about my placing at Zenith, I just stated how i placed but you know how your interpretation always is so that don't surprise me.

And for your not good comments, you could MM me to for however much you want and then call me not good as I'm putting your money in my wallet

I always find it funny how people get so butthurt when I troll back but its never the person I troll, its always some random person that has nothing to do with it lol. Same thing when me and cam were trolling each other

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Lol. It wasn't the best I could come up with... Dude it's pretty obvious from how you act that you couldn't get laid without a credit card. Look how worried you are about your e-rep... it's pitiful. And hey, just because I get laid more than you I don't think I'm better than you btw. That is not my style. Also, I played chris who beat you in tournament. Idk what version you got, but rest assured I am not afraid of your nerdy ***.

ps. No one cares about your job. You probably work retail 40 hours a week, congrats dude. You're a big boy. lol....

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
lol you done defending ace? i'm sure he took your virginity, but if you take him out the equation you don't get more *** then me lmao. And i'm no where near nerdy, and idc that you played chris, I play him all the time, he beat me in a tournament set, so what i won 3 other times it doesn't mean anything. and stop mentioning random parts of my post towards your lil butt buddy and turning it into something else, i mentioned my job because he mentioned how much he worked and didn't have time to play smash as well as i don't either, i'm sure ace can handle his own so let him do it and pull his **** out ur *** for a lil while.. lol can't get laid without a credit card lmfao

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Haha I'm not defending Ace. I'm addressing your p*ssy *** and you alone. Why don't you tell us where you work sneak? Sounds like I was right, always talking big about your job and defending your e-rep when in the long run, YOU AIN'T GOOD BRO. lol @ your pencil ****ed fox getting ***** by mahone's puff.

Oh and btw, If you were to say something about me and my bro butt ****ing each other to my face, I would beat your ****ing ***. Plain and simple. Bring whoever the **** you want too because I will take them out as well.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If this isn't some giant troll, this needs to stop because it is apparently turning into an arrangement for a fight.
If you guys want to threaten eachother in PMs and flame, feel free.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
lmao soooooo butt hurt.. and i've beaten mahone like 3 times in tourney too including the last time we've played dorsey and i will definitely say it to your face, go ahead and try something, and i work for NCO, I sit in an office behind a desk and if you want you can look it up its a pretty big company, LOL and when else have I mentioned my job Dorsey lmao there you go making things up again

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Ok sneak, go ahead and say it. I will drag your *** outside and give you the rude awakening you apparently need. We will see how big you are when I call your *** out sometime. I mean you've got to be kidding me "Ryan Sneak Holiday".... I would **** you up, and I am not ****ing with you.

DJRome

Smash Hero
so basically all you free *** people can mm me and help me pay for some new kicks cause mine have nasty *** grass stains. damn the sun

edit: hey, can the virginian go away? i'll give you a foot massage no homo. just go away please

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
ok sneak, go ahead and say it. I will drag your *** outside and give you the rude awakening you apparently need. We will see how big you are when i call your *** out sometime. I mean you've got to be kidding me "ryan sneak holiday".... I would **** you up, and i am not ****ing with you.
stoooooop feeeeding him.
But rome, I have to make sure that flamewars don't start, and this one has already escalated.

EDIT: Oh, I remember you.
Don't hate just because I yelled at you in the SoVa thread
****s about to get real *****

Top Bottom