• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nayrus Love is complete crap. STOP USING THE MOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Before I begin, I would like to say this. I know Zelda sucks. I know Down + B is her best move in most cases. But this isn’t really about Down + B. Nor is it about Sheik. So now that I’ve wasted... 10 seconds of your life, I’ll get to the point.

Nayru’s Love.

For some reason, every person who is new (I bolded it for you :p) to using Zelda seems to think that it’s a great move. And they repeatedly spam it for some unknown reason. Why? This move has great priority, this move has good damage, it is a reflector, it has invincibility frames, blah blah blah blah blah. This move is crap. It’s slow, has terrible cool down lag and utterly fails as a reflector. Stop wasting time and opportunities by using this move. There are so many other options including: Ftilt with its great range, dtilt with its “lock”, short hop bair/fair. You should be using these to kill instead of using Nayru’s Love.

Here’s a list of characters and when you should/shouldn’t use Nayru’s Love.

Meta Knight: No.

Snake: Depends. Never use it on grenades. They will explode in your face. You can use it on Snake’s U-smash though, but it’s pretty situational. Not only that, but he might predict this and utilt you thus killing you at stupidly low percentages.

Wario: No. Why would you? Wario will always be in the air anyway. Also, don’t bother trying to reflect the motorbike please.

Falco: No. Unless you want the match to go:

*Falco runs away and spams lasers*

*Zelda reflects*

*Falco reflects*

*Zelda get’s an extra 6% damage and Zelda is no closer to winning than if she didn’t reflect the lasers in the first place*

Diddy Kong: No. Unless you can predict him actually throwing a Banana at you, then don’t bother unless you really want an F-smash to the face that badly.

King Dedede: Sometimes. You can’t reflect Waddle Dee’s/Doo’s. But you can reflect Gordo’s. (The spiky ones that kill you at obscenely low percentages)

Marth: No.

Game & Watch: No.

Pikachu: Maybe. Nayru’s can reflect Thunder, but there isn’t much point in reflecting Thunder Jolt’s all day.

Olimar: Yes. If you want to die really quickly. Otherwise, no.

Ice Climbers: No. Unless you Nayru’s Blizzard.

R.O.B: Yes. Lasers are so predictable, so are the Gyro thingies.

Kirby: No.

Lucario: No.

ZSS: Maybe. Paralyser is pretty slow and predictable. It’s still rather situational though.

Toon Link: Yes on the Boomerang and Arrows. No for the Bombs.

Pit: Maybe.

DK: No.

Peach: Maybe. You should use it on:
Bomb-ombs
Beam Swords
Mr. Saturn
Toad (Although, you may be better charging a F-smash/D-smash)
“Stitchface”

You shouldn’t use it on:
Normal Vegetables

Luigi: No. Unless you want to die at 50% from an Up + B.

Fox: No.

Wolf: No.

Sonic: No.

Sheik: Possibly. I’m not quite sure if it reflects back while Sheik shoots from the air though.

Samus: Not on Homing Missiles. Normally Samus wants you to use Nayru’s on Homing Missiles so she can use a fully charged Charge Shot on you when you are in cool down.

The rest of the cast is complete crap and you should know what to do in those circumstances anyway.

In conclusion, people who are new at using Zelda, don't use it. At people who are not new to Zelda and like using it, stop it.

It's probably quite obvious to anyone where I got the inspiration to post this randomness, but here you go.

I might add the rest of the characters tomorrow, since I got rather bored today. And I likely will get bored tomorrow as well.

Discuss. :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom