• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Nashua Smash - May 2nd (Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua, NH)

Planning on coming?

• Total voters

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua presents...
Nashua Smash - Sm4sh Tournament v.2
ft. Custom Moves!

On the last episode of Nashua Smash...
47 Grand Ave
Nashua, NH 03060

We'll be in the Teen Center! Instead of going into the Main Entrance at the front, go down the hill and enter through the "Teen Center" Entrance!

Contacts
Mr. Escalator (Myself; Dylan Smith)
Email: NashuaSmash@Gmail.com
Cell: (1-603)557-3296

Venue and event pricing
  • $5 Venue fee (Donation entirely to the B&GC's Keystone Club - a Teen Leadership program)
  • $5 Smash 4 Singles
  • $10 Smash 4 Doubles ($5 per person)
Payout for each event will come out as a 60/30/10 split.
60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
PRIZES!
There will be raffle prizes for everyone who attends the event!

There will be a concession stand run by members of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua's Keystone Club. They will be selling Pizza and possibly smoothies throughout the day.

Schedule
Saturday, May 2nd
11:30 am Venue is open
12:00 am Signups for Smash 4 Doubles (You may sign up for Singles at this time as well)
12:30 am Smash 4 Doubles begins
2:00 pm Smash 4 Doubles ends, raffle prizes are called, Signups for Smash 4 Singles
3:00 pm Smash 4 Singles begins
6:00 pm Smash 4 Singles ends

Event Rulesets

Smash 4 Singles:
  • Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 7 minutes
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • Customs are set to "on"
  • Mii Fighters are legal, and you may set up or transfer them before the tournament, if available.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the match ends with the successful use of a Self-Destruct move (Ganoncide, Bowsercide, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins regardless of the victory screen results.
  • Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

For those who are new to the competitive Super Smash Bros. scene, this is how a set between two players should look like:
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
Smash 4 Doubles:

All other rules apply as Smash 4 Singles
Stage List:
You must follow the stage striking system to determine the starter stage, but if both players agree to play on a particular stage they can skip this step. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the stage list until only one remains. The first person to strike a stage can be determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Playable Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island

All other stages are banned.
After each match, the winning player may choose to ban 2 stages from the stage list.
The Loser of the match then selects their "counterpick" stage. Repeat this step for each subsequent match of the set.
We will be using the Official Custom Move Project for the tournament, so you may want to look into your character's custom moves prior to the event. The custom sets will be loaded on to the setups.

You can find videos of each character's custom moves here.

General Rules
· Mages DQ Rule:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set​
· All tournaments are double elimination, best 2 out of 3. Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals are all 3/5 and the winner of the Losers Bracket must win 2 sets in order to win, because the winner of the Winners Bracket has yet to lose a set.
· Please try and keep the yelling down. The Boys and Girls Club are nice enough to use their amazing facilities, so try and give the smash community a good impression. We want to make this a recurring tournament!
· Same as the above, try to avoid swearing. It would be appreciated.
· Smoking is unallowed. If you must, take a walk down the block, but please keep it off the premise. If you catch someone smoking, please report it!
· Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
· Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during the startup of the tournament and in between breaks. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.
· Let a staff member know if you leave the venue for whatever reason (Food, etc.).

Setups
  • 8 Televisions (All widescreens) are being supplied by the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua
  • 1 Wii U with GameCube Controller Adapter provided by myself
We need more 'Wii U's for this! Those who bring a Wii U do NOT have to pay the venue fee to get in. The same goes for the GameCube Controller Adapter!

Additional things to look forward to at the tournament venue are the following:
  • 2 Pool tables.
  • 2 Foosball tables.
  • A Ping Pong table.
  • Vending Machines.
  • Numerous seats, including couches!
  • A concession stand selling Pizza & more!
  • Super Smash Bros. 64 Set Up & possible other video games

If you have ANY questions, either post in the thread or contact me through email. Only call my cell on the day of the tournament for last minute questions/directions, please.
Get hyped!

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Last edited:

xCerealSoup

Smash Cadet
NNID
OcarinaHeart
What controllers will be allowed? And any tips for first tournament anxiety? Not sure if I'm attending or not but it's possible

honorguru

Smash Rookie
Pretty pumped...hopefully I have the same success as last time. Though it looks like there are more people this time. It will be a fun time either way!

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
You guys do this every week? I've been thinking about attending one down in Maynard, MA, but if the turnout for this one is okay Nash is closer.

Last edited:

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
What controllers will be allowed? And any tips for first tournament anxiety? Not sure if I'm attending or not but it's possible
Any controller you prefer is allowed! Some modded ones might not be allowed, but any default is definitely A-Ok!

As for tournament anxiety, a lot of that goes away with just playing at the venue before your tournament matches start. Once I start getting warmed up and socializing with everyone, I'm far less nervous. Doubles bracket is also first, so that's a great way to get your feet wet! There's no guaranteed solution, but just remember people are there to have fun and it's a great learning experience either way!
You guys do this every week? I've been thinking about attending one down in Maynard, MA, but if the turnout for this one is okay Nash is closer.
Nah, this is every month-and-a-half, so the next one would be halfway through June.

Sir Villager

Smash Rookie
I'm curious as to why PS2 is a legal stage this time around, while windy hill zone was banned. I think that alot of people would agree PS2 is really janky and not too competitive, outside its untransformed state. Windy Hill is understandably gone, but i dont think it needed a replacement.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Hi, i'm coming from RI with a few of my friends, we will also be bringing a set up. Where is it best to park. Does the venue itself have a parking lot?

xCerealSoup

Smash Cadet
NNID
OcarinaHeart
Really would attend this but my Gamecube controller hasn't arrived yet :ohwell:. Sucks cause my adapter came in today, will attend next time if all goes right.

xCerealSoup

Smash Cadet
NNID
OcarinaHeart
So how did this go? Who was the winner and when will the next one be?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
So how did this go? Who was the winner and when will the next one be?
Here's the results thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/nashua-smash-5-2-15.402274/
Bloodcross won it, but it was a super close set (the Grandfinals are uploaded), and it was really hype in person.

The event was a lot of fun! We ended up having quite a lot of people at the venue, and it was even larger than last time. We'll be doing this again next month, but the date hasn't been settled on yet. June 20th is the date I'm personally looking at, but it depends on the site. I'll post the date in the Facebook page and the results thread of this one.

When the next one goes live, I'll tag a lot of you guys that attended, including you xCerealSoup

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Anyway you can push the date up before or after the 20th? Havenshine in RI is doing a big invitational for all the NE players. Hate to see you lose attendance because of it.

Top Bottom