• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nano's CSPs

Who next?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Luigi

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • ROB

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Charizard

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Ivysaur

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Waluigi??

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Those Pikmin Falcon portraits are amazing. 10/10 would pull out of the ground.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Nah I had it rendering in the background while I did other stuff like homework or Netflix.

Also:
If I ever had to punish someone, I would force them to sit and watch something render, without being able to do anything at all.

Hey, that art is beautiful.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
**** me

I didn't save my .PSD with all the cropped renders... I may not be able to make me Cap CSPs without having to re-crop all the renders.

RIP

vinegar

Smash Rookie
Little late to the party here, i just wanna say thank you so much for doing my retro falcon recolors !
It was really flattering to see them rendered so beautifully by you, I mean your rendering really is exceptional :)

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Hello friends and supporters.

I know I don't ask much from you guys, and you have no obligation to help me out with things, but I have a situation that effects my fellow modder friends and myself.

KCMM had announced that they will be allowing leaked PM content on the Vault, even if the original creator doesn't want the content on the Vault yet.

They blatantly do not care or respect the hours of work put into these mods, and can care less about what the original creators think.
They are extremely disrespectful and will happily "drink the tears and laugh at the awful misfortune of these most respectful hackers taking punches like nerds." -Miacis, KCMM admin.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66667.msg1353945#msg1353945

So please, visit the discussion and show support for NOT allowing leaked content on the Vault, unless the original creator decides to upload it.

The past few months have been rough on the PMDT. Our stuff is already out there and accessible, but adding it to the largest modding resource will just hurt us even more.

I hope this is not too much to ask from you guys.

Thank you, and get ready for sexy Charizard CSPs this weekend.

EDIT: Apparently what Miacis said in the above quote was supposed to be sarcasm.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman

I know I don't ask much from you guys, and you have no obligation to help me out with things, but I have a situation that effects my fellow modder friends and myself.

KCMM had announced that they will be allowing leaked PM content on the Vault, even if the original creator doesn't want the content on the Vault yet.

They blatantly do not care or respect the hours of work put into these mods, and can care less about what the original creators think.
They are extremely disrespectful and will happily "drink the tears and laugh at the awful misfortune of these most respectful hackers taking punches like nerds." -Miacis, KCMM admin.

So please, visit the discussion and show support for NOT allowing leaked content on the Vault, unless the original creator decides to upload it.

The past few months have been rough on the PMDT. Our stuff is already out there and accessible, but adding it to the largest modding resource will just hurt us even more.

I'm reporting every leaked PM thing I find there

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm reporting every leaked PM thing I find there
I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the reports will just get removed.

...but I plan to do the same until my Vault privledges get removed.

Only way to change this is through written protests in the thread. Miacis thinks he's the savior of the modding community by allowing this.

Last edited:

Inquirer

Smash Cadet

Just because of that glorious golden captain falcon render you made I did my part amigo (just kidding you have done so much it is not even funny :cool:).

Last edited:

Prim8

Smash Rookie
I put in a word for you Nano! You are part of the reason my favourite game was made so I and the community as a whole owe you and the PMDT so much more respect than this! I doubt my words did much but at least I tried...

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
I put in a word for you Nano! You are part of the reason my favourite game was made so I and the community as a whole owe you and the PMDT so much more respect than this! I doubt my words did much but at least I tried...
Same here (although I was a bit more... blunt). It's absurd how immature the staff are being so far.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I don't want to pretend that I don't understand why these people feel entitled to others' property, especially if they can attain said property without the original creator's discretion. It's natural for there to be both sides of the spectrum at play, in this case the guys at KCMM feel as though that they can distribute leaked content.

I hope nobody feels as though our community will condone this. Objectively, these guys are being a**hats if they only appreciate content as long as they can have it. It really must leave a bad taste for creators such as Nanobuds Nanobuds to want to make stuff for us and be treated like this. It's disrespectful, cynical and promotes a bad image for us.

However,I WON'T agree that this type of thing shouldn't happen. People will take the opportunity to get whatever they want as long as it benefits them, and nothing's gonna change that. Leaks and stuff are gonna continue forever, especially since it's so easy to do in our day and age, so I don't practice this argument since we can't really do anything about others' actions.

Those are my thoughts, I just wanted to whip up a little message so maybe I could help articulate a few things and send a message out there.

purplebird

Smash Rookie
I broke my silence and spoke as well.

Javln Mastr Javln Mastr , I feel that even though leaks will always happen, as a site that has some control KC:MM should put in efforts to help lessen such things.

Sorry if I'm contributing to this thread getting derailed

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I don't want to pretend that I don't understand why these people feel entitled to others' property, especially if they can attain said property without the original creator's discretion. It's natural for there to be both sides of the spectrum at play, in this case the guys at KCMM feel as though that they can distribute leaked content.

I hope nobody feels as though our community will condone this. Objectively, these guys are being a**hats if they only appreciate content as long as they can have it. It really must leave a bad taste for creators such as Nanobuds Nanobuds to want to make stuff for us and be treated like this. It's disrespectful, cynical and promotes a bad image for us.

However,I WON'T agree that this type of thing shouldn't happen. People will take the opportunity to get whatever they want as long as it benefits them, and nothing's gonna change that. Leaks and stuff are gonna continue forever, especially since it's so easy to do in our day and age, so I don't practice this argument since we can't really do anything about others' actions.

Those are my thoughts, I just wanted to whip up a little message so maybe I could help articulate a few things and send a message out there.
I somewhat agree. We can't prevent things being uploaded anonymously to sites like reddit or 4chan, but the larges source for Brawl mods has the ability to filter that content, and they should use those filters out of respect for the original creators.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Just a PSA (no, not the moveset), don't go on that thread and start hurling insults. It doesn't help, all it does is exacerbate the situation. If you want to help, a simple post of something along the lines of "I don't agree with this, the reasons are x, y, z" will be more than sufficient.

Just as I say this, another "you're a jerk" post shows up. Don't know if they were originally from SB or not (hope not lol). But please, calm your **** and approach the situation with a calm mind.

Last edited:

Miacis

Smash Rookie
Hello there.

Thank you for the incoming traffic.

It sure is nice to know all those new people joining up on the boards to say how KCMM is bad and they are deeply affected by the administrative decisions you are grossly caricaturing simply replied to this link. Makes things so much easier to parse for us.

I am especially amused that you went and quoted my SatAM villain speech to justify your argument.

Last edited:

Inquirer

Smash Cadet
Hello there.

It sure is nice to know all those new people joining up on the boards to say how KCMM is bad and they are deeply affected by the administrative decisions you are grossly caricaturing simply replied to this link. Makes things so much easier to parse for us.

I am especially amused that you went and quoted my SatAM villain speech to justify your argument.
While I could agree that the quote could be omitted, last time I checked bringing an important issue to greater visibility is always a positive thing for a community (one would say the same about bringing more traffic as well).

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Hello there.

I'm glad I can help blow some dust off your forums.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Hello there.

i am especially amused by the fact that you're pointing out the most irrelevant portion of his argument as the biggest flaw, all while failing to address the claims leveled against your website. it makes your comment so much easier to parse for me. let's go over this little gem here from your wonderful website:
You stole a cookie by making an exact of copie of the cookie that's still in their possession. Then when you showed the cookies to someone else and told them you didn't make the cookie. Then the original cook came and showed his baked cookies and what you did is you removed your half-baked ones from display.
And let's not forget the important part. The original guy? He stole his cookies from someone else in the first place!
the last sentence of your argument is a flawed generalization. the PMDT made many of their assets from scratch, so no, they didn't "steal" everything. i could go on and on, but hey, you seem pretty determined to allow content theft, so you're probably not paying attention to rational arguments. maybe if you made things yourself, you'd understand.

look, i understand that you guys don't want to fall down some slippery slope and overregulate your website, but come on, this just seems like a childish vendetta against people more talented than you to me.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I somewhat agree. We can't prevent things being uploaded anonymously to sites like reddit or 4chan, but the larges source for Brawl mods has the ability to filter that content, and they shoukd use those filters out of respect for the original creators.
Hmm. If the floodgates are going to open, I would suggest submitting a bastardized version of your work. Upload shredded cheese and call it the final product. Hopefully that would deter the sycophants from uploading actual leaked content...hopefully.

The obvious solution would be for the admins to continue disallowing anything that could be labeled as leaked, which is a problem in and of itself. If there's never a declaration of who created what and when, then it's a free-for-all, which ****ing sucks...but that's ignoring common sense and leaning on the side of spin. They know what's right, but they'll twist words and thoughts for the sake of their outdated little website.

My avatar is of a woodland critter, do I get to be morally transcendent as well? Nano, you stole your own stuff which makes it mine now. Tough ****.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I somewhat agree. We can't prevent things being uploaded anonymously to sites like reddit or 4chan, but the larges source for Brawl mods has the ability to filter that content, and they shoukd use those filters out of respect for the original creators.
Yeah I agree. I forgot that it was the forum as a whole that was condoning this. My post was sort of just me rambling about my perspective about the situation, but you're right that it should be in the power admins to not abuse their power just to gain more traffic. Just look at Miacis Miacis , here; he literally just said he only wants to distribute the leaked content just because it will bring more attention to his site. No sugarcoating, plain old shady business, and they don't care if we know it or not.

Sorry if I didn't get some things across correctly. Whatever the matter, it seems like a win-win for them, because to some people or affiliations, attention towards them or their company in any capacity is all they look to gain.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I can help blow some dust off your forums.

Catching so many L's.

Personally I have to say that I really want to play around with leaked content, but haven't out of respect for the creators. I genuinely hope that some day it won't be such a touchy thing, but for now I understand it (despite my desire for a certain Fire Emblem character). Whatever I think about allowing or disallowing leaked content, I CANNOT agree with uploading or taking credit for content that straight-up doesn't belong to you and you had no part in creating.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey, most of you know me as the happy go lucky spammer, but Im also a BV staff at night.

When making your opinions about the subjects, can you please be careful of generalizing the whole staff with the whole ordeal? That the ones that handles reports and entries are not to blame for this?

We are being hit by splash damage, like, legit crit spash damage. And Im not a tank.

Remember that T, KJP and Scout are part of the BV staff. Keep that in mind aight?

I have nothing personal with PM or Nanobuds.

Top Bottom