• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nana edgehog?

pockyD

Smash Legend
we all know about the popo edgehog->nana charge smash

but i was watching this video http://ketubato-vid.sakura.ne.jp/7/...s_Semifinal_Kei(IC)_vs_CaptainJack(SH)_R2.zip

and what he does (most noticeably at around 2:18 but he tries a few other times too) is the up-b out of shield and then DI's nana backwards onto the edge so that SHE edgehogs and popo is free to do whatever

so i tried it out in training and it's really easy; of course, you have to time it perfectly so she gets on the edge just in time (because she gets up right away), but it looks ridiculously stylish when done

is this practical at all or is it all for show?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
OMFG. He Up+B'ed out of shield and had Nana do a Bair. wtf. I've never seen someone desynch as much as I do, but this guy does and knows desynchs that I don't. Holy crap.

The up+B edgehog desynch seems a bit useless, but for edgeguarding it seems great. I'll try it out and see how it works.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
He was a really good edge climber though huh holy crap.. gotta love how CJ played a respectable zelda and that was just like **** it die haha

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ok, how is it possible to desynch so just nana uses up-b or is it possible to cancel it?, gotta learn up-b to bair edgeguard...

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's simply an up-b out of shield

what i figure actually happens is that popo basically does a solo up-b (i.e. when nana is not around) and nana just does a simple jump out of shield (in response to your joystick -> up) so popo is stuck in up-b lag whereas nana is in jump animation and is free to do a move

i'm not sure up-b desync to nana bair is at all better than desync charge fsmash though

LuCKy

Smash Master
can someone help me i dont know how to watch the movie lol when i click on it it says something like what would you like to do with the file? can someone help me i wanna watch this

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
i think its like an Up-b (shield)cancel? because normaly wouldnt nana just become immobile like when you normally do an Up-B. in this nana can do whatever she wants for the most part. might be good if stand towards the opponent. meteor spike with nana and then D-smash with popo?

idk havent tried it out. i like the idea of nana edge hogging though.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I think it can be some nice mindgames to add this technique, since people doesn´t expect it , maybe even popo can take the ledge before nana and then up-B...

uberdabing

Smash Rookie
I remember there being a post a while back about doing thise shield to up-b and then having nana do a jumping blizzard. I feel like that would be more useful, cause it's essentially a desynched blizzard without having to set it up (spot dodge, grab, pivot, etc).

Top Bottom