• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair Chronicles

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
**** your too good.
Your wavedashing is just....its just...i dont know, but i can sure tell you that its too **** good.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
PPAO, THAT WAS FANTASTIC.

For real, bro, your Luigi is amazing.

This video definitely gives me ideas on how to improve my game.

I wish I could wavedash like that.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Your like the Technical Luigi as Silent Wolf is to Fox. That was very good. How you do those Nair platform cancel tricks I don't know, but what you did with them, was art. I couldn't learn Luigi in Melee in the essense of enjoying him so I didn't pick him up. You seem to be enjoying him.

What I didn't see in the video but is ok, no combinations of Luigi's Dair spike with the use of your platform cancel tricks. I thought if you had, you would've been the most complete Luigi ever. I could only imagine the Combos with the Dair spike.

I need to learn how to do that; can you tell me how? I wan't to see it's uses for my guy if you don't mind; hopefully theres a use for it. I only have 6 more months before my Combo video due date and I wan't to do many things that are possible that can make the video the best it can be. Thanks again. That was Tech. inspiring for me.

edit: hopefully you'll be able to understand this post, I wen't to sleep at 6:00AM then had to get up at 7:00AM 0_0. My eyes are bleeding to death!

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
its rather kinda tricky trying to pull it off and I might explain it very dumbly (its a word google it) but ill try my best. What you do is:
you press down with your control stick and pretty much simuntainiously press A (for Nair)
than about 1/5 of a second you press L or R (to L cancel it)

NOTE: this tech does NOT work unless you are in the vicinity of someone (whether they block or not you have to be able to hit them whilest you perform the Nair).

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i know how to do it.. the thing is, if u do it, and someone just crouchcancel it.. can u jab and grab after doing this tech just like a pillar? i hve not prove that yet

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
It's called drop-cancelling, and yes, it can be done with other characters.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Drop_cancel
"However, drop canceling could easily be considered the most difficult to use advanced technique in the game, requiring literally frame-perfect technical skill to be used consistently and effectively." <-- XD

INSANE CARZY GUY: I done it with falco's Bair a couple of times, as far as anyone else no idea, but most likely

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
dude hp whats up mhow ya ding.. tenia tiempo que no sabia si estavas jugando o no man, aun juegas? que tal esta el melee en nicaragua?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Wow... I nutted a bit.

EDIT:

Think of the applications.

Falco: Bair -> Shine -> Bair would be hot.

Fox: Bair -> Shine -> Edge Guard

Bair -> Pivot Grab to anything

Sheik/Marth: Bair/Fair -> Grab

Too good haha.

WIGI

Smash Champion
looking througth some of my vidds, i do this fairly often, but never consciously, and never really like, do it on purpose then jab then do it again. it just happens, then i jump up and fair them or w.e

The Phenom

Smash Lord
This made me reconsider if I should play Luigi. I have practiced for a bit, combo practice on CPU and enjoyed it alot. Yeah, I'm giving Luigi a go tomorrow@my smashfest; might record.

El HP

Smash Ace
dude hp whats up mhow ya ding.. tenia tiempo que no sabia si estavas jugando o no man, aun juegas? que tal esta el melee en nicaragua?
Como estas brother, si sigo jugando melee aunque por estos lados ya no hay mucha gente que juega solo somos unos pocos pero bueno ahi seguimos los que quedamos peace.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
verga loco pero bueno espero que luego el melee crezca.. aqui en venezuela the melee is growing as hell XD..

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hahaha I didn't know drop cancelling wasn't normal. Or at least used like once every 10 matches or so by most weegees. The wavedashing was what I liked. So fluent. Nice vid. Really good combos on Falcon. The match up has just gotten easier ;)

Wiggins

Smash Ace
>.>

I'm gonna feel like a jack-*** reviving a month old thread, but I gotta say. You and Pakman's Weegee's are everything I'm aspiring to be.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Drop Cancelling is so tricky to pull off in a match, I'm only able to uair it sadly. Still sooo useful to string into combos and confuse the **** outta your opponent. But your wavedashing is the truly impressive thing in this video. How you manage to do it so flawlessly, stringing in Dash Dances and moonwalks, is beyond me. And I thought I was all cool pulling off wave dashes across Dreamland flawlessly, now I just feel like an *** haha. But yo, I'm stepping my weegee game up because of you man. Believe it!

Vist

Smash Champion
good stuff ppa0 :cool:

your luigi moves a lot like mine O_O (or at least how it used to)........ cept w/o the awesome platform canceling lol. I'll have to try that out :bee:

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
wow is all i have to say. i can barely do platform cancel nairs with luigi, so props to you. probably the coolest/flashiest luigi i've ever watched ^^

Top Bottom