• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N00b character

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Wow...All his moves swing his sword exactly the same, and he can hit on either side of him. What a n00b character. All you can ever hear when fighting him is that same slashing sound forever and ever.

Roarbase

Smash Rookie
He isn't a noob character

:mad: Hes not a noob character! Y does every1 discredit him so much? If used by the right persons he pwns. Ur just mad b cuz ur a noob player. so stfu.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
None of my mains (Especially my Metaknight) do not appreciate you saying such a thing. You're just jealous because you cannot use Metaknight properly, and you always get owned by him. Despite him being a lightweight, he's still one of the best... Deal with it!

smashbot226

Smash Master
My ears, eyes, and mouth are bleeding from the posts in this thread.

MK is an overused character, but alas, only an average one.

Sure, he's quick and has fast, multi hitting attacks, but he's light, weak, and has a bad aerial game.

Get in close and you're either screwed or saved.

He has some of the best and cheapest B moves IN THE GAME.

Mach Tornado is an amazing recovery move, Shuttle Loop is unfair in recovery, Dimensional Cape is not very useful, although for getting in close, and Drill Rush is a near foolproof way of getting in close.

However, his FS is bad. It has an awkward, although beneficial, hitbox. Even then, the end result is a KO at high percentages.

His ground smashes are, again, quick. His Fsmash is one of his only kill moves, as is his Usmash, Ftilt, and Fair. However, all his other moves are mainly used for building up damage in order to land his kill move. Abnormal for small characters, he's also average at beating away crowds of enemies with his Neutral A, Dsmash and B moves. Needless to say, gliding is a lifesaver.

Unfortunately, MK has no projectile defense. A spammable projectile, like Fox's laser or Pit's arrows, spells doom for MK. The best he has is Dimensional Cape, but even then, he's vulnerable after it's performed. Also, he has slightly above average throws. Useful to a short extent.

Finally, the only way to stop MK from peppering you, other than projectile spam, is to chase down MK until he stops. MK players constantly must move in order to keep themselves alive. Therefore, if he stops for even a moment, take him out with the combo of choice. It normally only takes once or twice to knock him out of the arena, where aerial attacks won't protect him and B moves thwarted.

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
Seriously what's the point in posting what the OP did on a section like this? It's simple trolling, don't like the sound of meta knight's attacks? Kill him and problem is solved, don't go posting stuff like this on the character section. I personally enjoy Meta knight and saying he is a noob character is laughable at best, you don't know the meaning of the word apperantly. Or you don't know how meta knight is to play.

Smashbot said it good, kudos to his post

"Edit"

Not that I agree with all he says

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Not entirely sure I agree with the lack of projectile defense, smashbot. Energy attacks like Falco's laser might be relatively uncounterable, but MetaKnight can Drill Rush right through plenty of others or even Mach Tornado past some.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
He is a noob character for the most part he has very spamable moves and great and pretty easy recovery.
But really the thing that makes him just below a noob character is it hard to get a kill move off with him.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Noob character, Lol DONT make me laugh. Sure he may be easy to pick up and knock DeDeDe around with but play a decent or even average Snake or Marth, And your gonna get passed around faster then paris hilton at a frat party. But, Dont get me wrong, His DSmash and FSmash are lightning and they have good knock back, BUT THATS ABOUT IT. His edgeguard is lord. AND you can ceiling people. Thats all. And yes, Drill rush is epic pwn. But Shuttle loop is FAIL at recovery.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Here's ironclad logic for you.

My friend and I were playing teams and he was Meta Knight. He got a smash ball, used it, and I died along with his opponents. Team Damage was off (think we were wasting CPUs out of boredom, so didn't care about it) and there was no explosive items nearby.

Just tested really quick. With Team Damage OFF my teammate took 18% when I used Metaknight's FS while nearby (I must've been at a high percent the first time when I died, because there was next to no knockback at 0%... or maybe the flying enemies hitting me was enough knockback, I dunno).

That means that Meta breaks the rules just so he can hurt his own teammates.

That means Meta is a noob.

Ironclad, I say! XD

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight has trouble KO'ing opponents.

What a noob character! Noob I say! Nothing as skillful as characters which can deal you 40% damage in two hits, right?

*Crickets*

...Right?

xigon

Smash Apprentice
Wow...All his moves swing his sword exactly the same, and he can hit on either side of him. What a n00b character. All you can ever hear when fighting him is that same slashing sound forever and ever.
Please refrain from writing threads that does not have constructive Information about Meta-Knight here. This thread is already dead.

About my thoughts on the subject about Meta-Knight being noob, you misunderstand alot. Even your own definitions.
Meta knight is in fact a *Newbie* character. Although *Newbie* has nothing to do with his potential. So Meta-Knight can be a powerful carnage in the hands of the pros.

Also... Lock Thread PLZ

saratos

Smash Apprentice
He is a good character for noobs. But, in real play, I actually find him harder to master than most.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Why did anyone post in this thread? You guys should have left it empty just to piss off the creator.. now you gave him what he wanted.. *******!

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Too funny! I laughed big time! He's definately NOT a n00b character!

Sure, he's quick and has fast, multi hitting attacks, but he's light, weak, and has a bad aerial game.

He has some of the best and cheapest B moves IN THE GAME.

Unfortunately, MK has no projectile defense.
OMGZ!! LMFAO!

1. He may be light and weak, but i'm sry but his aerial games KICKS 4$$!!! Edge guarding with MK is like child's play! If you know how to use the moves right, it's an automatic kill for u!

2. Mach tornado is a really good spammable move and can rqack damages very quickly. As well as the drill move, its a good recovery move and if u finish ur move facing down on the ground, then there almost wont be any lag. The Up-B is a **** finisher. And the dimensional cape is good for fake out or just edge guarding.

3. Unfortunately, he HAVE projectile defense. Mach tornado can block certain projectiles, but not big ones like samus's fully charged energy ball or super missiles.

Theres a thread, that gives more details about it. "Meta-knight, behind the mask", go check it out. Oh and if u have time, go on youtube, theres a vid where u can a see a guy that makes REALLY good use of meta knight against a toon link.

Staco

Smash Champion
ha, we see
only poeple, whcih get owned by metaknight, or have problems with him say he is a noob

Staco

Smash Champion
OMGZ!! LMFAO!

1. He may be light and weak, but i'm sry but his aerial games KICKS 4$$!!! Edge guarding with MK is like child's play! If you know how to use the moves right, it's an automatic kill for u!

2. Mach tornado is a really good spammable move and can rqack damages very quickly. As well as the drill move, its a good recovery move and if u finish ur move facing down on the ground, then there almost wont be any lag. The Up-B is a **** finisher. And the dimensional cape is good for fake out or just edge guarding.

3. Unfortunately, he HAVE projectile defense. Mach tornado can block certain projectiles, but not big ones like samus's fully charged energy ball or super missiles.

Theres a thread, that gives more details about it. "Meta-knight, behind the mask", go check it out. Oh and if u have time, go on youtube, theres a vid where u can a see a guy that makes REALLY good use of meta knight against a toon link.
to 1, oh so pummeluf is an imba character????!!!!!!

2. oh, so fox with his laser, and diddy with his bananas, they are all apmmabel, dedede with his things, all noob charas??

3. oh, so fox falco and wolf with there shields are more noob characters, beause they can not block the projectiles, they can send them back
wow, so fox and falco and wolf has to been the noobiest we see

you are such an stupid idiot!!!!!

ou, and wo, one guy plays good against one toon link!
the most good mk players say, that he is not the best, because he has problem with other characters, so he cant be imba etc. a noob character

omg plz, strupid idiot!

oh, and pummeluf for imba, because it can edgeguard ;D

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
Theres something u don't understand, fellow one. Did I say that others characters r nubs? Hell no! I just defended my point by saying some MK's good techniques and evrything! I didn't say all the other characters r nub?! Can u read english properly? ( and beside, my second main is falco ) i'm sry if u misunderstood but u should read more carefully...

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Until, recently (last night on wifi) I always thought Metaknight was overrated and will plateau in potential after a year or two. However, I was proven wrong by a Metaknight player on an irc channel I faced over the Wifi. He showed the amazing priority that Metaknight possesses along with speed to chase me. While, Metaknight doesn't have great KO moves on the stage, he doesn't have any problems killing you once you're near the "end" of a stage (off the stage or high in the sky). Particularly, his B-Up can kill at low percents (compared to the rest of his non-smash attacks) once he gets you high in the sky or near the edge. While, he's not a difficult character to get good at compared to others, abusing his assets does make him a very good character. Seriously, other characters can be vicious while chasing you intelligently, but Metaknight is the top meatball with his wings and sword at this.

tl;dr: He's not hard to use, but in the higher levels of play, he can be a pain in the *** and dangerous if played with intelligence (like every character). Semi-semi-melee Sheik.

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet
Well from the way I see it, he's a n00b character in the sense that he's easy to pick up and use but he is difficult to master. I'm a Snake player and I have like... no trouble wiping the floor with them just with experience alone. All in all, my opinion is he's easy to pick up but hard to master. Know your enemy and you'll have a better chance *Saying this just in case you made this thread as an excuse to ***** about how your getting ***** by like, every meta-knight you fight.* And I Lol'd when I read that you put how the sounds of his attacks are newbish which, in fact, I can't find the sense in. On that side note, every character has their ups and downs *Almost non existent with Marth. Man do I hate fighting him* and Meta knight is no exception. If your having meta problems then just exploit his weaknesses *Light weight, low ko power...ect.* Sooooo......yeah.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
I totally agree with u. But the end part was a bit rude. It's true but, u know, don't look only at the bad things. He's good in air battles and many other things, too.

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet
Didn't try to be negative or anything so sorry if any of it sounded mean =(
But anywho, just tryna' say that he's a good character in the right hands, easy to pick up and hard to master.
That's my opinion in a nut shell. And also, it may be just me but I thought meta-knight was alright up against Marth but from what I read, Marth seem's to have the upper hand. Is it his range or power that gives him the heads up?

smashbot226

Smash Master
OMGZ!! LMFAO!

Nothing a aerial dodge or counterattack can't fix. His aerial moves are pretty bad.

Drill Rush leaves you open, unless like you said, you face the ground. Even then, anyone THAT close can return the favor.

Oh, so he can't block COMMONLY charged projectiles?

I'd go there except... what's that word called.. oh yes, BIAS.

Top Bottom