• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N S F W, a music vid / tech skill thingy.

I've played Renth in person and I'll vouch that he does have some good tech skill, for whatever my opinion's worth.

However, I think he's being an *** about this whole thing.
im sure people in WA have a different definition of "good" tech skill.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
This video is very akin to those vids of people doing soccer ball juggling tricks. It's cools and all and sure it may take some skill, but no one cares. No one sits and thinks "Why don't the professional soccer players do these tricks?" The reason is that you can't and SHOULDN'T because a good defender will prevent it.

Likewise, doing 16 shdl, while fun to videotape, wont' convince anyone that you're good at smash. Not for a SECOND did anything think "Why isn't this guy winning tournaments?"

You're fishing with the wrong lure. If you're trying to convince people you have leet skills, don't show them carnival tricks.

What aggravates the problem is that you're so cocky about the video, as if you just dropped some big blessing on the smash community.

You didn't INVENT any tricks
You didn't APPLY any tricks
All you showed us were photos of old tricks and reminding us what they look like in sequence.

And the general response is either "Uh... OK" or "Meh"

So no, this is not 1337 enough. It's mildly entertaining. If I wanted to watch 16 shdl, I'd watch 1 shdl and loop it 16 times. Doing it in a MATCH would be impressive.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Wtf @ Renth. I'm pretty sure I've contributed to the Mario and Fox community much more than you are taking into account, so don't say "all thats come out of me is Up Air'd Blind"

Last I checked I started a matchup thread that is actually going somewhere, I've posted like over 30 match videos of my hella 1337 Mario and Fox (who are about a million times more 1337 now), and I actually post in my forums. All you do is post match videos and get fat off of nubs who comment and say that your better then them.

New matches from Eggz, Silent Wolf, Tori, R.C., and Bladewise coming soon btw sons and mangz .

Smash Master
I thought it was good. I didn't see anything too arrogant. All he said was "Is this 1337 enough for ya?" He thought it was good. He probably thought you would think it was good. I've seen a plethora of more arrogant statements than that. He overestimated his technical skills a little. That's no reason to ignite the poor man with flames.

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet
I openly Apologize you have good tech skill there's no doubt about it,however the only thing that bothered me is you said this video was 1337 that's all.
"Is this 1337 enough for ya?"
Initial post.

Became...

"This is a 1337 vid, yo."

I thought the vid was pretty cool or at least watchable, otherwise I wouldn't have thought of making it anyway.

Became...

"This is the most 1337 vid EVAR!"

Apparently, some people thought I was being extremely arrogant from my initial post. There is no extreme arrogance there. In fact, the only reason why I said "1337" was because in the "Misc. Videos" section of this site, they say "All other vids (free for all, stadium, music, 1337) go in here." So in reality, I was JUST ASKING if it was good by your standards, pretty much in a non-serious fashion. Next time I'll add 50 "lolz" afterwards.

Became...

"I am the most 1337 player EVAR!"
This can be due to my location's statement. I guess exaggeration is illegal.
Like, is it clear now peoples?

Ok. 16 SHDLs in a row IS NOT HARD. That being said, 4 waveshines down is even easier. 2 shine-SHDLs isn't that hard either. It's just shining before doing the SHDL. 4 shine-grabs is just shining before doing a JC grab. And almost every competent Fox can do your standard infinite. You just don't see it applied since the majority of characters being used in play are the 2 space animals, along with Marth/Sheik/Peach. Only Sheik/Peach can be infinited, but you see many more people using Fox, Falco, and Marth.
The challenge I posted earlier would require you to do everything in one try. I doubt anyone can do 8 SHDLs, then 8 left-right-left-right ones, then the other stuff I mentioned, all in one take. Let alone syncing it to some music.

It's sick. People see the stuff in this vid and say, "Oh that's easy". You say 16 SHDLs in a row is easy. I spaced them out between other actions. You say shine-SHDLs is easy. I spaced them out between other actions. Goodness. Is no one understanding me, or am I just wasting my time?

For example, spending 30 minutes doing something doesn't necessarily make it hard to do, it's just time-consuming.
Stadium. Same thoughts? :)

So in short, I commend you for the effort that you put into this, but it's not "1337" or impressive for a lot of us.
At the same time, it IS impressive for a lot of us. Thanks anyway, though.

This video is very akin to those vids of people doing soccer ball juggling tricks. It's cools and all and sure it may take some skill, but no one cares.
You posted here, so you care in a way... And doesn't this kinda say you think the vid is cool? You say otherwise later in your post.

What aggravates the problem is that you're so cocky about the video, as if you just dropped some big blessing on the smash community.
Already addressed.

All you showed us were photos of old tricks and reminding us what they look like in sequence.
Photos? O_O

And the general response is either "Uh... OK" or "Meh"
The general response is "it's cool", "it's alright", or " i can do better lol".

So no, this is not 1337 enough. It's mildly entertaining. If I wanted to watch 16 shdl, I'd watch 1 shdl and loop it 16 times.
First two sentences made since, but the last one... What the hay? If that's the case, what's the point in having an 8+ minute video called "Adventure"? It's just some AR'd Fox doing the same things over and over again - abusing shines and not getting hit. Yawnage, by that same logic.

Finally:

I thought it was good. I didn't see anything too arrogant. All he said was "Is this 1337 enough for ya?" He thought it was good. He probably thought you would think it was good. I've seen a plethora of more arrogant statements than that. He overestimated his technical skills a little. That's no reason to ignite the poor man with flames.
Agree 100%.

Oh, please excuse the lateness in my replies. I'm really busy. O.o

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Such a hostile thread.

First off I would like to start by saying that the video was mildly entertaining. It wasn't anything that blew my mind away, but it wasn't anything that bored me to death. It was good. As for it's purpose of being a technical video well synced with music, it was very well presented. Sadly, I feel as though your video is being bashed a little too hard.

Personally, I think that you rub off on people as a little arrogant Noddle when you say things such as "Lots of people can do a single Shine-SHDL. Lots of people can do shine-shuffles, stop-and-go wavesmashes, cool waveshines etc. But not many people can do them repeatedly, as how I do/did them." I think you would be surprised as to how many can actually do them repeatedly as you do/did, they just don't make videos and post them like you have because I feel as though they are more concerned with with winning and their performance against others or don't need to show off.

I am not saying that I am a very technical player or that my technical skills are better then yours or that everything you did I can do effortlessly, I just don't think many enjoy it when you hold yourself to such a high level of this "repetitive technical skill" and assume that you are one of the few. I do agree with you however that the title of your video was misinterpreted causing this ongoing debate causing you say things to appear more arrogant then you truly are/are being.

Finally, I do not think that too many are concerned with your "Noddle Challenge" because there are those, like Silent Wolf, that could make a much more technically advanced video instead. That, or those that are so hostile towards you would rather just 1 v 1 you. That's all I got, but who I am say anything?

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys freaking ********? Noddles wasn't trying to be arrogant. he just put a presentation of some tech skill with music. That's all. You guys are completely critisizing the wrong aspects of the video.

His comment on the topic post cleary wasn't meant to make a statement about how he's a pro. If you guys can't understand that then you are ********. >.<. **** that was painful to read.

shut up, lol.
I think implying to try to do what he does as good as him is doubtful for everyone would be arrogant.
We have our opinions on the video, IMO, was of 8 minutes of my life in a way. In another way, I got to see how technical smeone was, but that turned out ot be a waste.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't trying to be hostile, I was trying to explain the lukewarm reception of the video.

I KINDA LIKED IT.

It just wasn't anything new. Ice skating isn't fun to watch for me. It's the same moves as anyone else (twirls and spins) but spaced to music. This is what your video is. It's moves done in sequence to music. Even if I haven't seen 14 spins in a 2 minute routine and even if it's done flawlessly, I'd rather watch Olympic Boxing because it's applied athletics XD.

Your issuing of the "Mr. Noodles Challenge" seemed cocky to me. Even if you weren't trying to, your replies were very arrogant. The way you instantly jump to "Oh you're just jealous" and "You try doing what I do". It IS arrogant. You're not trying to be spiteful or anything, and I'm not trying to nail you for that, but I'm trying to let you know that other people will interpret it as arrogance and cokiness.

Adventure was fun to watch because it was sickly impossible to do. The stuff you were doing was not impossible to do. It would just take a lot of practice. And I congratulate you on it.

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet
Coming to a close.

Okay, so I'm unintentionally arrogant lol. Whatever. I don't get angry, I get MOTIVATED! So thanks to all who put forth any effort (or to some, wasted their time) in this thread. Another thanks for boosting my post count up by 5... >_>

SILENT WOLF I WANNA SEE SOME RECENT PWNAGE ON YOUTUBE OR SOMETHING. T_T Cuz if that vid I presented here was a year old... e_e

Peace everyone? Pretty please? lol

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet
There's a Baton Rouge tourney on the 30th of this month (or so they say). If I could bum a ride from someone, I'd go. Hopefully someone will have a camcorder so (eventually) I can finally see myself play.

In short, no. :( You'll have to wait for a looooong time. I hate being poor.

Miharu

Smash Hero
"Is this 1337 enough for ya?"
Initial post.

Became...

"This is a 1337 vid, yo."

I thought the vid was pretty cool or at least watchable, otherwise I wouldn't have thought of making it anyway.

Became...

"This is the most 1337 vid EVAR!"

Apparently, some people thought I was being extremely arrogant from my initial post. There is no extreme arrogance there. In fact, the only reason why I said "1337" was because in the "Misc. Videos" section of this site, they say "All other vids (free for all, stadium, music, 1337) go in here." So in reality, I was JUST ASKING if it was good by your standards, pretty much in a non-serious fashion. Next time I'll add 50 "lolz" afterwards.

Became...

"I am the most 1337 player EVAR!"
This can be due to my location's statement. I guess exaggeration is illegal.
Like, is it clear now peoples?

The challenge I posted earlier would require you to do everything in one try. I doubt anyone can do 8 SHDLs, then 8 left-right-left-right ones, then the other stuff I mentioned, all in one take. Let alone syncing it to some music.

It's sick. People see the stuff in this vid and say, "Oh that's easy". You say 16 SHDLs in a row is easy. I spaced them out between other actions. You say shine-SHDLs is easy. I spaced them out between other actions. Goodness. Is no one understanding me, or am I just wasting my time?
This **** is easy, given enough time. Although syncing it to the music is something different, I have to say. I'll give it to you, I probably couldn't do this flawlessly in my first few tries. But ****, give me a week or so of straight recording, and ****ing of course I'll get it somewhere within that block of time.

What probably ticked people off the most is that you came in here with a mediocre vid showing some ho-hum techskill, and posted "1337 enough for you?" Of course people are going to take offense. Then your location says "Flashiest Fox ever," which is a load of bull****, and you know it. So why post things that you know will piss some people off? Secondly, while this is nice and all, a lot of Fox players can do these things for themselves, and it's just not that amazing when you're doing stuff on non-moving objects. If this were in a real match, ****, it'd be a lot more amazing. So as of now, it's just a nice vid showing okay techskill that happens to be synced with some music. That's all.

Stadium. Same thoughts? :)
Stadium's different, rofl, since a much smaller group is actually able do the really hard ****. Tell me, how many people can attain world-record times with half the characters in BtT? Not half as many as the people who can do stuff like SHDL. Stadium's a whole different game, literally.

At the same time, it IS impressive for a lot of us. Thanks anyway, though.
Based on the replies in this thread, I would have to disagree. Many aren't impressed by the technical skill displayed, they just think it's nice how the music is synched with the actions, as am I.

You posted here, so you care in a way... And doesn't this kinda say you think the vid is cool? You say otherwise later in your post.

Already addressed.

Photos? O_O
Lol, nitpicking at specific words? Shows that you really don't have much of a base for your argument, so you have to resort to picking at grammatical errors. People don't have a problem with the vid as much as they do with your attitude of posting, which comes off as slightly arrogant.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
wow seems to the almighty [[Tc]] that some smashers around these parts have mad amounts of sand in their ******, get off the kids nuts....everyone always tries to bash new **** and its unnescessary its better than those billions of fox on falco matches that come out every 10 seconds....Nice video dude..who cares if you are arrogant your very technical and you deserve to be arrogant....and everyone else dnt reply to this cause youll just get ownd HAHAHhahHAahaAH

--[[Tc]]--

Miharu

Smash Hero
wow seems to the almighty [[Tc]] that some smashers around these parts have mad amounts of sand in their ******, get off the kids nuts....everyone always tries to bash new **** and its unnescessary its better than those billions of fox on falco matches that come out every 10 seconds....Nice video dude..who cares if you are arrogant your very technical and you deserve to be arrogant....and everyone else dnt reply to this cause youll just get ownd HAHAHhahHAahaAH

--[[Tc]]--
You think that's technical? SHDL and shine->SHDLs are nothing compared to multiple JC shines and other weird ****. Hylianlord (Zhu) is way more ****ing technical than Noddle. I'd know that, I play him regularly.

He's nothing special, and therefore can't really be arrogant, since he doesn't have much to back his **** up. Anyways, I'm pretty much cool with Noddle now, sorry if that's unclear from my post. But hey, you're way more cocky than he is. Let's see some matches on your behalf, since it doesn't seem that you'd get anywhere in a verbal argument.

Renth

Smash Hero
You think that's technical? SHDL and shine->SHDLs are nothing compared to multiple JC shines and other weird ****. Hylianlord (Zhu) is way more ****ing technical than Noddle. I'd know that, I play him regularly.

He's nothing special, and therefore can't really be arrogant, since he doesn't have much to back his **** up. Anyways, I'm pretty much cool with Noddle now, sorry if that's unclear from my post. But hey, you're way more cocky than he is. Let's see some matches on your behalf, since it doesn't seem that you'd get anywhere in a verbal argument.
Reik has done 20 JC shines with falco now that's impressive most i've ever done is seven look the only reason people are arguing in the first place is you said the video is 1337 whenever it's all stuff we've seen before and can be done by a lot of players. The video syncing is well done but and i stress this the only reason people are arguing is because you said this video was 1337.

20 JC shines isnt impressive at all. i know a kirby main who could easily get over 30 with fox, lol. and even i have gotten 8 without practicint it at all.
shine turn around JC shines are cooler. ive only gotten 3 >.>

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
You guys should really stop arguing, if you guys want to discuss about technical fox moves then go do it somewhere else. This guy posted a video with a comment which came out wrong, he apologised for it and yet some of you still argue. He put time and effort making the video, albeit it wasn't great but it wasn't bad either, so just give him a break. If you wish to discuss matters with him then thats what PM's(Private Messages) are for. Just post your opinion of the video and move on.

What are you a mod? From the sound of your post: "I'll bet it wasn't all that bad", that you didn't even watch it. Besides most of the arguement is of other matters by now too. If you don't like what's going on here (Fox debating) then don't post. Simple.
If you truly don't want arguements, don't bother posting here again adressing me for this last post.

Renth

Smash Hero
20 JC shines isnt impressive at all. i know a kirby main who could easily get over 30 with fox, lol. and even i have gotten 8 without practicint it at all.
shine turn around JC shines are cooler. ive only gotten 3 >.>
my mistake then looks impressive to say the least i don't see why people are still arguing it's a good vid for people who haven't seen those things it's not 1337 but can we all just leave it alone?

Nurok

Smash Lord
not very impressive, seeing as everyone can do it nowadays..
but the big question is..
would you be able to do all these "tech" things in a match?
under imense pressure, like facing off someone that you must beat to get ot the championship or whatever?
I know i can do these things in matches, and i have done many infities on peach, captain falcon, ganon, and even marth(it was kinda lucky)
But still, good job syncing, thought it was pretty boring.

justice

Smash Ace
That was great teching skills. Some of that stuff I still can't do because of mine small community so their is not that many people willing to go that far. But, I could be wrong I guess I need to improve my teching.

(I feel like I might be teared to shreds because of this comment)-_-''

Top Bottom