• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N S F W, a music vid / tech skill thingy.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
I could do half of the things shown in that video with my ***** and left testical. And i'm right testicalled too.

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet

The Cape

Smash Master
Everything done in this video is honestly not that hard to do.

I know that Renth and myself can do everything you did in this video. Its impressive that you can do all these things yes, but not to the community at large as we can do most or all of these things easily.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Opinion changed because of Airo.

You presented it well, and since the majority of the forums can't do that, and even though I see fancier fox tricks when Silent Wolf and I play =P, I'll still say it's pretty tight.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
oh wow.. these critics.. are extremely harsh 0o..

cant we keep in mind that 95% of the people in these forums cant do that?
and that 10% of those people probably hasnt even seen that?

its not new... its not uber impressive, but really this game is already disected inside out.
i would give him props for presenting it so well.

im sure lots of people in our forum would be amazed by it.

well.. i enjoyed watching it. thx for posting.

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet
Thanks Airo. But this guy here... -_-

Everything done in this video is honestly not that hard to do.
Bullocks, shenanigans, lies etc. If it's not that hard to do, then where else can I see such common performances? Link please.

I know that Renth and myself can do everything you did in this video. Its impressive that you can do all these things yes, but not to the community at large as we can do most or all of these things easily.
Please post a vid of you on YouTube showing your leet skills with Fox. Because if this is you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UjThXw0i6j8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j00fRfJFltA

...Your tech skill is far from your claims. I'm not buying your words, brotha. Respond asap.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
Oh i cant do it,and i probally wont ever be able to. I was being sarcastic :( sorry noodlies!

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Ask them for a vid where they do it continually as fast and as good as you do it. I am really bad with fox, but I can probably do all this, though not this perfect and constant (so I can't use it in a match).
If there is a third vid coming, could you put the Double Fair of the Edge with Marth in it ^^
And maybe some other things on the edge that look flashy.

I really liked the part were CF was Taunting with th music btw. It was just so well timed :chuckle:
imo it is an good video of you showing of your skillzz =P

Sighrax

Smash Lord
mmmm okay tech skill is alright but this is better for impressing gamefaqs people than smashboards honestly.

because any high level player can do this stuff really so that's why it's not really that impressive. because we've all seen it/done it in matches.

sure, consistency is great, but personally i'd rather see stuff applied in match, not just on FD by one's self. That's when you get praise. :)

The Cape

Smash Master

Bullocks, shenanigans, lies etc. If it's not that hard to do, then where else can I see such common performances? Link please.

Please post a vid of you on YouTube showing your leet skills with Fox. Because if this is you:

...Your tech skill is far from your claims. I'm not buying your words, brotha. Respond asap.
Sure friendly matches where we are messing around dont apply such tech skill, and I rarely put forth a large amount in matches as I am trying to play smarter than just straight out crazy. All the fox things I can, and do do, on computers whenever I decide to practice. I dont apply such insane tech skill to matches because it usually doesnt do you very much good and will just get you beaten.

I can attempt to make a video with all this crazy tech skill as I myself can do it, but it wont be as prettily presented as you show it here.

I gave critism as the video, done on computers, is not very impressive. Its more impressive when the tech skill can be applied correctly in matches (see Pro Smasher Tim as an example). As I said, most people on this forum can whip out a flurry of tech skill on a computer, or a non moving opponent, but when you actually attempt to play a match with good players you will rarely have a chance to apply any kind of insane tech skill.

Ah yes, and Sighrax applies the same points as I just expressed here. Sure you can look at friendly matches where I am goofing off ridiculously. I rarely take the game seriously, but a match possibly better suited to this tech skill you want to see may be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ7H0mgSoh0

I'm still blatantly screwing around, but I am at least applying forth some tech skill.

Oh, and this is supposed to be impressive?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJyEGWyNEqA

Nakamaru

Smash Master
So you have some tech skill. Whoo...

So you can beat a lvl 9 falco. Whoo...

So you are flashy. Whoo...

Can you actualy win a match against a human player who knows what he is doing? chances are no. I mean you got ****ing over 140% in the lvl 9 falco matchup. I can beat them with no damage. Its really not ****ing hard at all.

Edit-Lol! flashiest fox ever? Mofo and Zel have that title buddy. You = a very technicle fox. That is all. You are a champion.

Renth

Smash Hero
okay.. Cape next time i play you were going to record i'm going to the things he does in this video you know shine shuffles double lasers (keeping in mind i don't play fox and these movements are easy to do) and by some miracle i don't get 4 stocked i'll leave you alone.

you can have all the pretty tech skill in the world and combo computers forever but in actual matches against people you know those things that you play against to get better at the game?

Look, point is it's not hard to do any of the things in this video but if you were to apply the "super tech skill" into a match you'll probably just lose it's like running into the **** i'm going to wave shine at you Smash DI the other way and since your still being all "technical" i'll just 0 - death you repeatedly.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
This thread makes me laugh. The Cape has one of the best Mario's in the US and he's being talked down by someone who is totally unknown and posts a tech vid of himself against CPU's. Study this game and become well known in the community before talking down someone who has done both.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
Well it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I think the reason you are getting criticisms is that you are saying that you are "1337" with stuff that most people can do. I'm not saying that I can do ALL of it but I've seen most of the stuff done before so it's not oh-so interesting ergo not very impressive. By the way, I would talking down to Cape doesn't gain you any favours and makes you arrogant since, quoting Sizzle, "The Cape has one of the best Mario's in the US" and you aren't very well-known. It's like me telling Ronaldinho that I am better than him at doing football skills.

GoodPancake

Smash Rookie
Did you guys even read the friggin thread title?
"N S F W, a music vid / tech skill thingy."
How does that imply, in any way, that he can or cannot play competitively against a human player? The first replies being, "This vid is weak," and "This vid is pathetic," where's the criticism behind your comments? Your claims of Mr. Noddle not being able to compete against real or human players aren't even valid. What he claimed to create was a music video that matched his technical skill to the music/beat and he clearly did that. I think that it's quite hilarious that you guys are so critical when you suck so much.

"I'm still blatantly screwing around, but I am at least applying forth some tech skill."

Watching that video made me think, "Wow, Renth and The Cape know are good... at tech rolling..." And "I wonder why he's posting a video of him 'still blantantly screwing around' when he's trying to prove the point that he's a smart player with decent/good tech." But I guess I figure that you post a crappy video simply because you have no real evidence that will actually support your argument.

"I can attempt to make a video with all this crazy tech skill as I myself can do it, but it wont be as prettily presented as you show it here."

Isn't the point of a music video presentation and expression? Why do you think he made it...

"Look, point is it's not hard to do any of the things in this video but if you were to apply the "super tech skill" into a match you'll probably just lose it's like running into the **** i'm going to wave shine at you Smash DI the other way and since your still being all "technical" i'll just 0 - death you repeatedly."

Why do you trash talk him for the Fox skills that you clearly do not have. Your Fox still sucks.

kthxbye

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I just want to make it clear that I am not dissing your technical skill at all. You have a very technical fox. I think you could have started the thread off with "Enjoy" or "I hope you like my video." The whole "Is this 1337 enough for ya" instantly turned many people off just because of the arrogance.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
Did you guys even read the friggin thread title?
"N S F W, a music vid / tech skill thingy."
How does that imply, in any way, that he can or cannot play competitively against a human player? The first replies being, "This vid is weak," and "This vid is pathetic," where's the criticism behind your comments? Your claims of Mr. Noddle not being able to compete against real or human players aren't even valid. What he claimed to create was a music video that matched his technical skill to the music/beat and he clearly did that. I think that it's quite hilarious that you guys are so critical when you suck so much.

"I'm still blatantly screwing around, but I am at least applying forth some tech skill."

Watching that video made me think, "Wow, Renth and The Cape know are good... at tech rolling..." And "I wonder why he's posting a video of him 'still blantantly screwing around' when he's trying to prove the point that he's a smart player with decent/good tech." But I guess I figure that you post a crappy video simply because you have no real evidence that will actually support your argument.

"I can attempt to make a video with all this crazy tech skill as I myself can do it, but it wont be as prettily presented as you show it here."

Isn't the point of a music video presentation and expression? Why do you think he made it...

"Look, point is it's not hard to do any of the things in this video but if you were to apply the "super tech skill" into a match you'll probably just lose it's like running into the **** i'm going to wave shine at you Smash DI the other way and since your still being all "technical" i'll just 0 - death you repeatedly."

Why do you trash talk him for the Fox skills that you clearly do not have. Your Fox still sucks.

kthxbye
There's a good point to this post, if you take out the random insults that have no backing.

Sorry, but I think I can do everything in that video in my sleep but 4 times better lol. to answer your question, this is not '1337' enough for me. You could've used better rap too, like Bone Thugs or somethin, at least they are fast/good. :0
That's actually very common performance, lol. VERY!
It would've been more entertaining if you kept everything at least up to par in most people's opinions, by not having scenes with luigi Wavedashing and stuff.

Also, you're absolutely nowhere near the flashiest Fox ever. :D

Noddles - "I smell Jealousy"

I don't think you did at that point considering every comment you got was negative before that. I don't think anyone envies negativity.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw

Can you actualy win a match against a human player who knows what he is doing? chances are no. I mean you got ****ing over 140% in the lvl 9 falco matchup. I can beat them with no damage. Its really not ****ing hard at all.

Edit-Lol! flashiest fox ever? Mofo and Zel have that title buddy. You = a very technicle fox. That is all. You are a champion.
are you one of those echoers that talk with the flow just to sound cool but really has no idea what he is talking about??

.22%

Smash Apprentice
all of the things shown can be done but i liked the vid anyways. nothing like perfect control 1 or 2. but was that sean paul in the first song? he's like my favorite rapper.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
are you one of those echoers that talk with the flow just to sound cool but really has no idea what he is talking about??
I'm not a "echoer" so you can just drop that, and i really dont care if i sound cool or not. I had my fun, and now im getting out. No more motive than that. :/

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet
WARNING: Big post ahead!

Sure friendly matches where we are messing around dont apply such tech skill, and I rarely put forth a large amount in matches as I am trying to play smarter than just straight out crazy. All the fox things I can, and do do, on computers whenever I decide to practice. I dont apply such insane tech skill to matches because it usually doesnt do you very much good and will just get you beaten.

I can attempt to make a video with all this crazy tech skill as I myself can do it, but it wont be as prettily presented as you show it here.
My point exactly. See, you were saying this can be done easily. Easily, by my definition, means you can do everything in this vid on your first or second try... Which you can't. I can't. No one can. Oh wait, I have an idea...

*THE NODDLE CHALLENGE*
In this vid (N S F W), do the first four parts with Fox in one take! One error means you have to start over. Whoever can do this officially gets the title "Most technically insane Fox"!!!

I gave critism as the video, done on computers, is not very impressive. Its more impressive when the tech skill can be applied correctly in matches (see Pro Smasher Tim as an example). As I said, most people on this forum can whip out a flurry of tech skill on a computer, or a non moving opponent, but when you actually attempt to play a match with good players you will rarely have a chance to apply any kind of insane tech skill.
None of the stuff in N S F W was done on cpus. They were done on a non-moving human; I left the cpu stuff out, thank God.

Oh, and this is supposed to be impressive?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJyEGWyNEqA
No. (Read the description.) I wanted to make sure that N S F W didn't look ugly, so I posted an OLD cpu match first. Also, it was recorded on a capture card on my computer, so just imagine how "whoamfg" you'd play looking at a slightly laggy, 6"x6" screen. >___> Yeah...

Okay man...

You mean very testicle Fox, right? O.o Hey, that's what it looked like you were about to type. <_<

The whole "Is this 1337 enough for ya" instantly turned many people off just because of the arrogance.
Somehow I always appear arrogant over the internet... And no, that wasn't an arrogant statement. >_<

Sorry, but I think I can do everything in that video in my sleep but 4 times better lol. to answer your question, this is not '1337' enough for me. You could've used better rap too, like Bone Thugs or somethin, at least they are fast/good. :0
That's actually very common performance, lol. VERY!
It would've been more entertaining if you kept everything at least up to par in most people's opinions, by not having scenes with luigi Wavedashing and stuff.

Also, you're absolutely nowhere near the flashiest Fox ever. :D
Okay...

Noddles - "I smell Jealousy"

I don't think you did at that point considering every comment you got was negative before that. I don't think anyone envies negativity.
I was just saying what I saw it as. Hate without reason is probably jealousy.

Renth on YouTube said:
i don't even play fox and i can do all of that it really isn't impressive i can do all the things in this vid.. do i post vids saying i'm 1337? no cause even though you can do all this stuff doesn't make you a good player ;)
Do the darn challenge and leave me alone. -_- And all the people saying "oh I can do that". Guess what? YOU ARE CORRECT! lol Lots of people can do a single Shine-SHDL. Lots of people can do shine-shuffles, stop-and-go wavesmashes, cool waveshines etc. But not many people can do them repeatedly, as how I do/did them.

C'mon peeps, I wanna see the challenge get pwned. That's 16 SHDLs in a row, 4 waveshines straight down, 2 shine-SHDLs, 4 shine-grabs, then the fancy flurry afterwards. YOU CAN DO IT! ;)

Mr. Noddle

Smash Cadet
Crap, almost forgot:

Ah yes, and Sighrax applies the same points as I just expressed here. Sure you can look at friendly matches where I am goofing off ridiculously. I rarely take the game seriously, but a match possibly better suited to this tech skill you want to see may be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ7H0mgSoh0

I'm still blatantly screwing around, but I am at least applying forth some tech skill.
Despite looking cute on the vid, I can honestly say without a doubt that my C. Falcon is GARBAGE. I fail hardcore with teh Falcon. :( Yours >>>>>>>>>> Mine for sure.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCuyaHgwzk
Good **** Silent Wolf! (You lost, but good **** nonetheless.) <3 0:43 - 0:50

Renth

Smash Hero
um dude seriously Whoever can do this officially gets the title "Most technically insane Fox"!!! ..... definately not i think that goes to Zelgadis, Isai ect. either way the point is these things aren't hard to do even as consistantly as you did them. I'm not going to waste my time here any longer the point is the only reason people are hating on you, your saying the video is 1337 when it definately isn't in anyway with that said i hope a mod closes this thread because it's become nothing but a spam filled argument

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
SILENT WOLF
Also, I can do everything in that video on my first try, but a lot better. -.-
Zel's not very technical at all either for whoever said that lol.
I'd take the "noddle Challenge" if i had some form of recording and posting. :p
ill try to get vids up soon though
</replying to random quotes>

EGGZ
Zelgadis isn't that technical. Silent Wolf is easily more technical than any other fox mentioned in this thread. Clearly no one here has seen a recent match of him.
Also, wtf at every mention of Renth being technical at all. You play ****in ganon and mario son. You don't even have a character to up your tech to that level and you claim to be able to do that consistently? I'm pretty sure you don't have the development required to make such claims. Renth you need to be less of a **** too. You are way to ****ing arrogant and way too ****ing bad at the game to be talking that much ****.

were at a smashfest lol.

also renth, it seems you dont know too much about tech skill after the claim of zel being one of the most technical foxes lmao.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
although i could probally do what you did with the luigi...i think anyone can :)
Also to everyone who says this guys really good, what we dont see is the countless mess ups he didnt record.

Renth

Smash Hero
SILENT WOLF
Also, I can do everything in that video on my first try, but a lot better. -.-
Zel's not very technical at all either for whoever said that lol.
I'd take the "noddle Challenge" if i had some form of recording and posting. :p
ill try to get vids up soon though
</replying to random quotes>

EGGZ
Zelgadis isn't that technical. Silent Wolf is easily more technical than any other fox mentioned in this thread. Clearly no one here has seen a recent match of him.
Also, wtf at every mention of Renth being technical at all. You play ****in ganon and mario son. You don't even have a character to up your tech to that level and you claim to be able to do that consistently? I'm pretty sure you don't have the development required to make such claims. Renth you need to be less of a **** too. You are way to ****ing arrogant and way too ****ing bad at the game to be talking that much ****.

were at a smashfest lol.

also renth, it seems you dont know too much about tech skill after the claim of zel being one of the most technical foxes lmao.

kay i don't know anything about who's good with fox and who isn't only fox vid i've ever really seen with shined blind i play falco also, i can do all that junk with fox it isn't hard also The Cape can testify on my behalf that i can do these things he's seen me do it. EGGZ the only thing i've ever seen out of you was up air'd blind and so where do you get to come in and insult me out of no where? :laugh: as i've said for the past 5 - 10 times i'm done here.

I openly Apologize you have good tech skill there's no doubt about it,
however the only thing that bothered me is you said this video was 1337 that's all. Whenever i get into arguments i have a bad habit of over reacting but i do have good tech skill and i do know what i'm talking about, however when i said zelgadis being a technical fox he's the only fox player i've ever really seen a video of.

It's a good tech video for people who haven't seen those things before however i do not believe it's 1337.

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

I'm done here people can think what they want to.

Reik

Smash Ace
I've played Renth in person and I'll vouch that he does have some good tech skill, for whatever my opinion's worth.

However, I think he's being an *** about this whole thing.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
renth man thats the single longest run on sentance i have ever seen. PERIODS MY MAN PERIODS!!

Miharu

Smash Hero

Ok, so you took so many hours of your time to do this. But just exactly how much time did it take, is my question. See, if someone is willing to devote hours upon hours to practicing said tech skill, they're bound to get a string of a few nice shine -> SHDLs.

Noddle, when you're taking Cape's matches and comparing them to your vid, it's clearly not applicable. It's like, god ****, apples and oranges. Sure, we can all do this on a non-moving target without any DI, given enough time and footage. But try applying this **** in a real match, under real pressure, and we'll see how you do.

And for what it's worth, I've seen both Zelgadis and Silent Wolf play in person. Zelgadis gameplay might be a bit flashier, yes, but Silent Wolf is more technical (not bashing anyone here).

For most people, they would rather find something that would be applicable to a in-game situation, rather then spend a a large chunk of time doing random stuff on non-moving humans that's only half-impressive. The vid's nice for the noobs here, but the rest of us can already do the tricks for ourselves. That being said, there's more technically impressive stuff than what was shown in NSFW.

C'mon peeps, I wanna see the challenge get pwned. That's 16 SHDLs in a row, 4 waveshines straight down, 2 shine-SHDLs, 4 shine-grabs, then the fancy flurry afterwards. YOU CAN DO IT! ;)
Ok. 16 SHDLs in a row IS NOT HARD. That being said, 4 waveshines down is even easier. 2 shine-SHDLs isn't that hard either. It's just shining before doing the SHDL. 4 shine-grabs is just shining before doing a JC grab. And almost every competent Fox can do your standard infinite. You just don't see it applied since the majority of characters being used in play are the 2 space animals, along with Marth/Sheik/Peach. Only Sheik/Peach can be infinited, but you see many more people using Fox, Falco, and Marth.

My point exactly. See, you were saying this can be done easily. Easily, by my definition, means you can do everything in this vid on your first or second try... Which you can't. I can't. No one can.
Most use the word "easily" as something that can be done with little effort, not as something that can be done on the first/second try. For example, spending 30 minutes doing something doesn't necessarily make it hard to do, it's just time-consuming.

although i could probally do what you did with the luigi...i think anyone can :)
Also to everyone who says this guys really good, what we dont see is the countless mess ups he didnt record.
Haha, just saw this. I do have to agree with it somewhat. But that's not really the point here.

So in short, I commend you for the effort that you put into this, but it's not "1337" or impressive for a lot of us. And if you want to look at my matches, go ahead. You can think what you want to think.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
noodle said:
You mean very testicle Fox, right? O.o Hey, that's what it looked like you were about to type. <_<
Sure because everyone could see the "s" that didnt exsist in my butchering of the word "technical."

Twisting words around, what are you a woman?

D

Deleted member

I love it when people think they're great when they can press buttons really fast.

Noddle, the music / move synch was really good, you're pro at making movies.
That's all I'll say. As a music video for some dumb rap songs, it was really good.

For a vid to show you're amazing at smash, get in line pls.

Top Bottom