• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N.F.B 5~Venue TBA~[Date moved TBA]

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
=========================================================
Newbs For Brawl 5
=========================================================

Adress:

To Be Announced

---------------------------------------

Fees:
Prize:
-----------------
-----------------​
Venue: $4
1st: 60%​
Brawl Singles: $8
2nd: 30%​
Brawl Doubles: $16
3rd: 10%​

[ The Cup percantage depends soley on attendance and is subject to change.]

------------------------------------------
Registration will start at 12 pm and end at 1:30pm giving those enough warm up time.
Discounts:

Venue Discounts will be given to the first five who either post, or PM me
to qualify you need a full set. [TV/Wii/Brawl] Melee will not work since
this will not help with the main events.

[This is a MUST do not come to the tourney with a full setup asking
for the discounts, I will not give it to you, you have been warned.]

Rules:

Neutral Stages: (Set to Random)
CounterPicks:
Battlefield
Delphino Plaza​
Final Destination
Frigate Orpheon​
Lylat Cruise
Norfair​
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Seige​
Jungle Japes​
Halberd​
Pstadium 1/2​
Pictochat​
Brinstar​
Corneria​
Pirateship​
Rainbow Cruise​
Yoshi's Island [Melee]​
Hanenbow (Teams Only)​
Luigi's Mansion [teams only]​

[All other stages are banned.]

Other:

Any infinites cannot be used passed 60 percent damage. This means DDD's Chain
grab against corneria etc can be used only 50 to 60 percent at a time. This gives
the opponent a fair chance to not stupidly fall for it again. and 60 percent damage
is a good amount of punishment.

Metaknights Cape Glitch is banned.

Ledge stalling is Also banned.

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues
Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

_Vulcan

Smash Rookie
* screams like a little fan girl* im too excited. Icy we need to hang out a few more times b4 then. Were prolly the best 2 olimars in CT O.O yeah i said people .

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Yep this will be a good one, and its a little cheaper!! lol

see you guys there. If we cant find a venue we'll be using the one we used for NFB3

BTW ill be getting a capture card for this tourney, so we have evidence on how
epic this tourney was. so bring a VCR and hook it up to your TV [this means NFB
Crew] ill take the tapes and record them to my comp and then ill return the tapes.

Hope this works.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I like watching video cameras more than vcr recordings for tournys...

I like to hear the crowds reaction/ smack talk from players; just my opinion though.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I like watching video cameras more than vcr recordings for tournys...

I like to hear the crowds reaction/ smack talk from players; just my opinion though.
I do to, its cool that way, BUT, this is potentially combo vid stuff for our crew. So we need high quality.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
This will probably fall on a weekedn I have free so I'll be there. With a full set up, as usual.

I should totally be an honrary member of this crew... I mean I have been at just about every event and I'm totally awesome.

I might see if I can get Riot(MA Zelda player and my usual teams partner) to go to this as well, actually. It'd be alot of driving for me that night, but it could potentially work out.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Riot's pretty **** good. He almost took down Buuman 2nd or 3rd round at MM12. He seemed cool. I hope this one is bigger than last time. It would be sic to have a 50 person tourney.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Yeah Buuman and Riot was a pretty close set. Now that Riot is Utilting a bit more than just Usmashing for kills he's gotten better. I have no idea if he'll go. He doesn't really go out of state very often and he lives like an hour and a half from me.

I might have to like house him the night before and drive him home after the tourney, which would suck cause that's like 5 hours of driving for me POST tourney... but I don't know. It'd be nice...

::shrug::

Rykard

Smash Ace
does the inifinite apply to ice climbers cause i think ill be a sad little boy if thats the case :(

and i wonder if i can make this . the biggest problem for me and my friends will be the weather

IcyLight

Smash Lord
ANY infinite, including robs dtilt into corneria, dedede into a wall, the whole deal. Just let go of them and regrab and do it again ahah you just have to give them a chance to get out of it, then you can try to get them in it again afterwards

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
does the inifinite apply to ice climbers cause i think ill be a sad little boy if thats the case :(

and i wonder if i can make this . the biggest problem for me and my friends will be the weather
You mean like Wobbling? Yes to 60%

CG across the lvl with ice blocks? Yes.

You just can't do tha tinto a wall. It can't be infinite.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Nice, I'll go to this one as well! Had a blast at the last one :D!

I have a capture card with both input and output sides, so if it's needed i could bring it to record matches and stuff, just let me know.

DotDo

Smash Rookie
Not sure if I can make this. Is it possible if we do singles first, because my dad doesn't like me staying for such a long time...

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I can make this. Is it possible if we do singles first, because my dad doesn't like me staying for such a long time...
Agreed...on the singles going first thing, lol

I went to the last solely for singles, but since doubles was first...i ended up just randomly doing that haha

Singles first would own :D

IcyLight

Smash Lord
for those of you who want to do singles first or not want to do doubles, why not just show up later instead?

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
for those of you who want to do singles first or not want to do doubles, why not just show up later instead?
Because registration for everything closed around 2 o clock i think....singles didn't start until 5:30ish.....

So to show up late, would to be turned down for not paying and registering on time....

If they stalled the singles reg until later...that would work.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Wait... so if I get CP'd to Corneria I can't do the Dtilt Lock(it's not a true infinite) if they're past 60%? Or I can only do it UP TO 60% of Damage?

That sucks... You should just ban the stage, walls are bad anyway. And anything with a temp wall is, well temporary, just avoid the wall.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Because registration for everything closed around 2 o clock i think....singles didn't start until 5:30ish.....

So to show up late, would to be turned down for not paying and registering on time....

If they stalled the singles reg until later...that would work.
We actually did stall it. I apologize if it wasn't clear but we have always left singles registration open until singles actually started so if you would like ot show up later that's fine. I will talk to Louis about possibly having singles first for this.

Ace- Is the dtilt escapable after a period of time sort of like Falco's laser lock? If it's not an infinite you can do it. I tried to ban that stage but Louis wanted it. I'm going to try again today I think.

****it he worded it weird I didn't notice that. What that ban means is that once you pass 60% you can no longer infinite anyone AT ALL. This was done in Melee with things like wobbling but usually allowed until higher. I felt that 60% is a fine lead if not too much, I kind of want to drop it to 50% but we'll see.

So basically D3 can't infinite Mario, DK, Luigi, Bowser, etc. nor can Falco do walking CG's to certain characters past 60. Marth can't infinite Ness/Lucas with grab release. And the only other one to my knowledge is I think Pika has an infinite against spacies that goes up to like 90 or something if not higher? Idk but I suppose that would only be allowed to 50% as well as any other infinite anyone have discovered. Yeah 50% sounds better, that should be changed.

This is to allow everyone an even chance. Someone shouldn't have to stop playing whatever character because they can be infinited. No reason in keeping back tactics in a good game, that's counter active.

Does anyone else feel PS 2 and Corneria would be good for ban list? Also, is Lylat Cruise a counter or neutral?

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I think I might have found a place to hold this. It's in Waterbury by the mall at this old school. We can do it in the gym.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
well if it's not before 60%....you gotta stop at 60 I guess. That's a fine lead and you shouldn't need more than that to beat someone ever.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I Need Moar Than 60

lolwut, crapboards wont let me type in all caps >_>

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Still kinda sucks that after 60 it's no longer allowed... seems weird.

Although on corneria that's pretty much a stock anyway.
I never even thought about the DK situation. It's not that like you can't do the attack obviously but you can't lock them. If you keep doing that how is it fair or balanced? You can do it twice and then lead into another attack or something but no locking/infinites past 60%

We should just get rid of that level idk why M-D wants it.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I never even thought about the DK situation. It's not that like you can't do the attack obviously but you can't lock them. If you keep doing that how is it fair or balanced? You can do it twice and then lead into another attack or something but no locking/infinites past 60%

We should just get rid of that level idk why M-D wants it.

Foxes up smash kills at like 35 there, thats why he wants it haha

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Louis is probably going to get the NFB3 venue for this. I highly doubt I can get Caffe Napoli.

noodles

Smash Champion
the whole banning infinites are dumb. most of them are pretty hard to pull off anyways unless its d3 on delfino. and still you can camp like a *** till the level changes.

Top Bottom