• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[My Zss Notes] [Demo Video of Zss's Death Combos Added]

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
We've been waiting for well over a month. How much longer is this gonna take? Plug your dazzle in, record you doing your death combos, do some editing, upload it. BOOM, done. Shouldn't even take a week.

Salem

Smash Champion
We've been waiting for well over a month. How much longer is this gonna take? Plug your dazzle in, record you doing your death combos, do some editing, upload it. BOOM, done. Shouldn't even take a week.
Oh, we all know that's for rich people that can also attend tourneys, i'm too poor for that so I have to rely on others to upload videos for me. :awesome:

Anyway... thread updated again, this time it's about team stuff. lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh, we all know that's for rich people that can also attend tourneys, i'm too poor for that so I have to rely on others to upload videos for me. :awesome:

Anyway... thread updated again, this time it's about team stuff. lol
Nah man, it's k.
There aren't threads dedicated to other people uploading videos.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
INFINITY ∞ LASER With Falco: (Note Falco is one of my favorite characters to team with) Stun the opponent with Zss's D-smash > Zss Foostools > Falco Laser Locks > Zss lands close to the ledge the opponent is being pushed towards > Falco stop laser lock when opponent reaches near the edge > Zss turns around and short hop fully charged neutral-b's the opponent during forced get up > Opponent falls off the edge and Zss performs death combo

Which death combo? I think you should number them. And couldn't ZSS just stand behind the opponent as they're being lazer locked then SH bair them during the forced stand up...?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
salem......send me the damn videos!!!! You know i can upload them. Also I just Might but Death combo #2 up since you showed me how to do it. (if you want)

Salem

Smash Champion
salem......send me the damn videos!!!! You know i can upload them. Also I just Might but Death combo #2 up since you showed me how to do it. (if you want)
Yeah, you should totally put up #2 since I currently fail at the moment and have no wii.

When I get it back, I'll send the replays to you as soon as possible.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
and this thread was never posted in again. so much for THE DEATH COMBO. I for one am sure Nick couldve used some of those techs. I mean, why be amazing when you can just pass out death to mere mortals?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
if landed correctly they're a true death combo, the game even registers this as a real combo. this has been tested in training mode on lvl 9 cpus, the computers that airdodge the fastest.
Fair > Falcon Punch fits this criteria.

Tell me, why should we bother learning these complicated Death Combos that are extremely situational when we can drop ZSS for CF and have an easy Death Combo?

But really, can you post the videos already or at least test these properly? I can name a ton of "death combos" that will kill Level 9 CPUs and register as a true combo in training mode.

Zero

Smash Hero
I gotta say, that's a pretty sick read. Good shiz! This situation is so much more common than you might expect. I've always thought that the reverse dsmash would be a good idea but now there's proof.

:)

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
These aren't guaranteed combos. They could be useful, but they definitely aren't inescapable COMBOS.

The only thing I think might be guaranteed is Fair > D smash near the edge. BUT, if you take Snake into practice mode, walk him to the edge and Fair him, he won't even attempt to air dodge. He just falls and then recovers. So, while level 9 CPUs air dodge on the earliest possible frame during a tumble (I think) you can't be sure it's a combo just because they don't air dodge fast enough. It needs to be tested against real players.

People should be able to DI the "combos" involving flip kick towards the stage and tech or land on stage depending on where they are. Or they could meteor cancel it...

I'll admit there are some cool strings and they could potentially be useful, but I'm pretty sure none of those are combos. :/

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Dem escapable strings.

I love the up-b > hope the opponent does absolutely nothing > footstool.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
These aren't guaranteed combos. They could be useful, but they definitely aren't inescapable COMBOS.

The only thing I think might be guaranteed is Fair > D smash near the edge. BUT, if you take Snake into practice mode, walk him to the edge and Fair him, he won't even attempt to air dodge. He just falls and then recovers. So, while level 9 CPUs air dodge on the earliest possible frame during a tumble (I think) you can't be sure it's a combo just because they don't air dodge fast enough. It needs to be tested against real players.

People should be able to DI the "combos" involving flip kick towards the stage and tech or land on stage depending on where they are. Or they could meteor cancel it...

I'll admit there are some cool strings and they could potentially be useful, but I'm pretty sure none of those are combos. :/
You can not Air dodge immediately when you enter falling animation by being pushed off the ledge. The Dsmash is legit. So yes, we need to try it on a real player.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to immediately FF an aerial and avoid the D smash or is this actually legit?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
None can hit her before she D smashes, but I think it might be possible to do your fastest aerial then FF and DI away to get out of range.

Salem

Smash Champion
Oh, its been posted.

Let me just tell you how these animations work and how you can tell when they end:

When you're hit by a certain "forced stand" attack, you cannot attack or move till the animation is complete.

Same with the ledge, it has a "forced fall" animation.

Let me show you a few moves that can lead to these things:

Zss's dash attack at low percentages.

Zss's f-tilt at low percentages.

Zss's first hit f-air at low percentages.

Zss's neutral-b charged and uncharged.

And a cheap way to tell when forced stand ends is if you measure the spacing, then performing a forced stand attack, if they fall off the edge and they're not falling backwards that shows you the forced stand animation ended before it was able to connect to another animation it was to follow up with.

And with forced fall, you can tell if the animation ended if you grab the ledge which most of the times happens or if your character tumbles offstage, all which means you can do something only AFTER that animation has ended.

A lot of characters attacks force these animations, which can allow for a few new combos, options and more things to watch out for.

If I remember correctly, Seibrik(?) showed how to perform something like this, but was against a shield.

Seriously, Just believe Zss's F-air to d-smash work, as I'm not arguing with anyone about it.

Now anyway, All I'm saying is, we have plenty of deadly options with or without armor parts and when our opponent is near the ledge they risk being put into the worst position.

Salem

Smash Champion
Come on, don't forget about DI now.

The FF fair > dsmash might work though.
Oh I didn't, but thing is, there is many other death combos (not posted yet due to me forgetting part of the setups) used to switch things up and keep people guessing, all which require a different DI to escape, You could also just read the DI and adjust the finishing blow.

So mostly in the end, it's like a rock paper scissors game.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh I didn't, but thing is, there is many other death combos (not posted yet due to me forgetting part of the setups) used to switch things up and keep people guessing, all which require a different DI to escape, You could also just read the DI and adjust the finishing blow.

So mostly in the end, it's like a rock paper scissors game.
If by RPS, you mean pressing jump to avoid all the spikes...
Yup, RPS.

Salem

Smash Champion
If by RPS, you mean pressing jump to avoid all the spikes...
Yup, RPS.
Simple fix to that, perform at a slightly higher percentage for increased hitstun to make it all impossible to escape, the best option is to DI correctly or not get hit by it in the first place.

Anyway, guys, I've got another "idea" for a death combo, it requires a footstool and an armor part, now if I can just think of a way to put it all together...

Dr.Fair

Smash Rookie
At what percent though? It would be nice if you performed rigorous testing with all possible DI inputs and meteor cancelling to see what the results would be and recorded all of the percentages instead of just performing the combos on an afk player. Up your standards!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Iono why u would practice that......sorry Salem but alot of this stuff is really absurd. This stuff would only work on terrible players. FFfair> dsmash actually might be legit though because it seems it is possible to do an edge slip of the actual stage edge; it just seems harder to get that spacing down. Cool concepts; just arent really things thatd work against a solid player. Heck our randoms in So Cal would DI that ish no problem

Top Bottom