• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Videos

FoxID

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgcbo_qrnSM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNA6CioIMU0
I know I suck but please try to watch it all the way through. I would appreciated advice. I am a new Marth player. Who will hopefully soon become a very active member on the Melee marth boards.

Oh, and try to ignore the people talking in the background. Its me and my cousin and I get excited easily. Whenever I do something mildly good I get excited and yell or something.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Just watched part of the first video.

Some basic stuff:

You're moving much too slow.
Don't roll so much.
You fullhop WAY too much, learn to shorthop more.

Basically work on your mobility and fluidity game.

FoxID

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm having a problem with the tap jump when I try to do utilts. But once I get the game back from my friend I'll work on it. Thanks. Oh and my first video is the worse of the two. But I guess the advice would apply to both videos.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
You pretty much need to use the C-stick for aerials with Marth, so try to get used to it. You need to be able to do stuff like retreating Short-Hop Double Fairs and Shorthop Fair-Uair.

EDIT: Woops. For some reason my mind read Uairs instead of Utilts in the above post

FoxID

Smash Cadet
I do use the c-stick for my aerials. The only problem I am having is when I try to do utilts my char jumps and does a full hop. But my friend told me that if I hold the control stick lightly up and press A it will work as an utilt. So I'm gonna try that when I get the game back. Thanks a lot for the advice. Seeing as this is only my second time using Marth it might take me a while to get used to his gameplay.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well first of all when you get the chance to throw a space animal off the egde don't throw him back on the stage. Second both of you need to stop trying to become fully mobile with wavedash because the technique doesn't work like this.First learn to Dash Dance and next you gotta work on your SHFFLS and Jump Cancel grabs.This is to both of you watch the Advanced how to play by Wak on youtube(again).

Become better technically than post again and we can work on your match ups and everything else this crazy game is full of.

FoxID

Smash Cadet
Sonius I need to Jump cancel grab to perform the u-throw CG? Or are you just saying I should use it overall? And I know I shouldn't use WD to move around the stage. I spent pretty much most of the weekend playing against some friends of mine. I think I've gotten a little better. I was even able to pull off a Ken-ish combo a couple of times. Basically comboing with f-airs using plats and d-air once they are off the level. I'll post some vids in a couple of days. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
dont JC grab if they di behind you. because its really easy to screw that up. just pivot and grab.

edit: also liek the post above me backthrow - fsmash is awesome for a mixed tech. i also noticed that you tried to just cg at like 40%, that wont normally ever work. you also just need more shffl aerials. there are other finishers off stage then dair...some are better options. I prefer run off and fair with the middle of the blade. it's so much easier to hit and it knocks thema way from the stage. work on your basics like shffl first, timing tippers and dtilts on the edge. also carting is an awful idea (using wd as your normal mode of movement)...you should incorporate it into your approach but not use it exclusively

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Um. Generally dthrow > bthrow. It's faster and has a better angle.

You can bthrow if you're trying to get them onto a platform, though.

Top Bottom