• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Theoretical Team (Edited a bit)

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
This is my theoretical team, meaning i have made it yet but did some research, and want to make sure that this is a passable team before spending the time to breed and EV train these Pokemon. This is also my first competitive team, so please don't flame me too hardhttp://smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4990177 :urg: o and also, most of these move sets are based on the ones from Smogon, so yeah just so you know.

Forretress, Relaxed @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 162 Atk / 96 SDef
~ Spikes
~ Gyro Ball/ Stealth Rock
~ Rapid Spin
~ Explosion
This is a typical Rapid Spinner/ Spiker. Nothing really special.

Deoxys-S, Hasty @ Expert Belt/ Life Orb
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball /Recover/ Calm Mind/ Energy Ball
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
My Special Sweeper. Ice Beam for the Dragons, Thunderbolt for Gyrados, Psychic for mostly anything else. And I leaning towards Calm Mind so I could put a little more punch in my attacks.

Absol, Jolly , Super Luck @ Scope Lens
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch/ Stone Edge/ Return
~ Psycho Cut
~ X-Scissor / Taunt
I might try this Pokemon out. It has High attack but thats about it, because its other stats are not that great but not that bad i guess. If I do use Absol, He would be my main Physical Sweeper. Some moves I'm thinking about are: Pursuit, Quick Attack, Rest and Rock Smash

Infernape, Naive @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 Atk / 124 SpA / 232 Spe
~ Flamethrower / Heat Wave
~ Close Combat
~ Nasty Plot / Stone Edge
~ Grass Knot/ Thunder Punch/ Stone Edge
The classic Mixape. Start things off with a Nasty Plot and (theoretically) take out anything my Gallade couldn't.

Registeel, Relaxed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder/ Thunderbolt/ Curse/ Protect
~ Toxic
My tank. Stalls out the opponent with toxic. I am not too sure what to put into the 3rd slot though so yeah, I'm open to suggestions. I want to put in Curse, but what move should i change?

Okay I'm not to sure which Pokemon I want to put into the last slot. but i have 3 um watchmacallits, Pokemon I'm thinking about and here they are.

Dragonite, Jolly @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Fire Punch
~ Earthquake
My favorite Pokemon from the first generation. Start things off with a Dragon Dance, and then choose a move that fits best for the situation.

Gallade, Adamant @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
~ Hypnosis
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Night Slash / Stone Edge/ Shadow Sneak
Yeah, this is my Physical Sweeper/ Statuser. Put my opponent to sleep, then increase my attack. When they wake up, kill them.

Gengar, Timid @ LifeOrb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
~ Hypnosis
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psychic
A normal Gengar, my special sweeper if i do choose him
Hopefully my team wasn't too bad and yeah. All comments are appreciated XD

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
This is my theoretical team, meaning i have made it yet but did some research, and want to make sure that this is a passable team before spending the time to breed and EV train these Pokemon. This is also my first competitive team, so please don't flame me too hard :urg: o and also, most of these move sets are based on the ones from Smogon, so yeah just so you know.
Don't worry about it. If you did the research, then any team could be decent. Sacrificing predictability for effectiveness. Alright...
Forretress, Relaxed @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 162 Atk / 96 SDef
~ Spikes
~ Gyro Ball
~ Rapid Spin
~ Explosion
This is a typical Rapid Spinner/ Spiker. Nothing really special.
I'm not really sure if the atk investment will really help you KO anything. Since you're leading with this, a Lum Berry might work better to shrug off the sleep moves many leads carry. Gyro Ball also only has a paltry base 50 power against most Breloom and Gyarados. Those leads may cause you trouble since you don't have an effective way of handling them without letting them set-up in the process. Also, watch out for the many leads that carry fire moves to handle Bronzong. The set is fine, it's effectiveness will vary.
Deoxys-S, Hasty @ Expert Belt
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
~ Psychic
~ Hyper Beam/Recover/ Calm Mind
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
My Special Sweeper. Ice Beam for the Dragons, Thunderbolt for Gyrados, Psychic for mostly anything else. And I leaning towards Calm Mind so I could put a little more punch in my attacks.
Put Superpower in the second slot and go mixed sweeper with a Naive nature, if possible. If you're stuck using Hasty, use Shadow Ball or the less reliable Focus Blast in the second slot. Life Orb will also prove more effective than Expert Belt, especially when your opponent switches.
Gallade, Adamant @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
~ Hypnosis
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Night Slash / Psycho Cut
Yeah, this is my Physical Sweeper/ Statuser. Put my opponent to sleep, then increase my attack. When they wake up, kill them.
Gallade isn't the fastest sweeper out there. Shadow Sneak may work in the last slot if you like, but Night Slash and Psycho Cut are both strong options. If you do use Shadow Sneak, you can use less spe EVs. They can be placed in HP for added bulk, since Gallade has a very good sp.def stat for sponging special hits.
Slaking, Adamant @ Life Orb/ Choice Band
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def /200 Spe
~ Return
~ Shadow Claw / Pursuit
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch
This guy is a BEAST (theoretically). OHKOs most things, and most people misjudge this guys speed, thinking its effect and size also means its slow. with 100 base speed, this guy rips though walls like a hot knife threw butter, unless they are HEAVILY investing in Def.
I personally dislike Slaking. If you really, really want to use him; use CB, a standard sweeper spread, and Pursuit in the second slot. He might work well late game, but you have Deoxys-S for that.
Registeel, Relaxed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
~ Earthquake / Hammer Arm
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder/ Thunderbolt/ ???
~ Toxic
My tank. Stalls out the opponent with toxic. I am not too sure what to put into the 3rd slot though so yeah, I'm open to suggestions.
I like the cursing variant of Registeel better, since you'll have a reliable move to use if your opponent switches out (which is likely, since you just walled their last attack).
Okay I'm not to sure which Pokemon I want to put into the last slot. but i have 3 um watchmacallits, Pokemon I'm thinking about and here they are.
Ooh! Maybe one of them can replace Slaking. 0.0
Electivire, Adament @ Expert Belt
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ ThunderPunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake
This guy is SUPER EFFECTIVE!! against 13 types. 13. (theoretically). That's about it lol.
Been there done that. This guy works much better mixed, so he doesn't get screwed over by Intimidate. A Fire attack also comes in handy for getting rid of those pesky steel types.
Dragonite, Jolly @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Fire Punch/ Double-Edge
~ Earthquake
My favorite Pokemon from the first generation. Start things off with a Dragon Dance, and then choose a move that fits best for the situation.
Definetly Fire Punch on this guy. It might be hard getting a safe switch in for him though. Beware of Scarf users.
Infernape, Naive @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Close Combat
~ Nasty Plot
~ Grass Knot
The classic Mixape. Start things off with a Nasty Plot and (theoretically) take out anything my Slaking couldn't.

Hopefully my team wasn't too bad and yeah. All comments are appreciated XD
In my past experiences, mixape generally does better with another attacking move in place of Nasty Plot. Infernape has a TON of options for you to choose, so I'll leave that for you to handle. Flamethrower is the more reliable choice. Anything you should be using it on should be KO'd anyways.

Since I don't like Slaking, I'm going to put Dragonite in his place. Nothing on your team is weak to electric so Electivire may have a hard time activating his ability. So we're left with Forretress, Deoxys-S, Gallade, Dragonite, Infernape, and Registeel.

Your team has a slight weakness to Ground, Flying, and Fire, but generally all the other types are well handled. There isn't a single Pokemon that could take out your whole team, pretty solid for a first team. The main problem you'll be facing is how predictable you are. Almost all of your Pokemon are running very standard sets that your opponents may have counters for. Also, you only have 2 immunities, which may hamper your overall ability to switch in.

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
YES! not that bad then ^^ okay ill probably change most things, because what you said makes sense. thanks for the rate
Okay so for the fortteress, i should change the gyro ball, for maybe toxic spikes and maybe change the EVs so they are more defense orientated?
Oh, and yeah all i have are a hasty and careful Deoxys.

0RLY

No problem. If you ever change your team, I'd be happy to rate it again. Especially if you come up with a unique moveset of your own!

0RLY

The only thing new I see is Gengar over Electivire. Gengar doesn't want Dark Pulse since Shadow Ball does everything Dark Pulse except with STAB. Your options here are HP (Ice), Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, among others...

0RLY

No, Dream Eater often fails because your foe would switch out while they're sleeping. This way, it activates Sleep Clause. Besides, Gengar isn't bulky enough to make use of a healing move. Hypno is a better choice for Dream Eating because it's STABed. Better stick with Substitute or something so you can get in a free hit while your opponent switches.

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
No, Dream Eater often fails because your foe would switch out while they're sleeping. This way, it activates Sleep Clause. Besides, Gengar isn't bulky enough to make use of a healing move. Hypno is a better choice for Dream Eating because it's STABed. Better stick with Substitute or something so you can get in a free hit while your opponent switches.
okay thanks for explaining that for me
but i have to respond to this

I'm not really sure if the atk investment will really help you KO anything. Since you're leading with this, a Lum Berry might work better to shrug off the sleep moves many leads carry. Gyro Ball also only has a paltry base 50 power against most Breloom and Gyarados. Those leads may cause you trouble since you don't have an effective way of handling them without letting them set-up in the process. Also, watch out for the many leads that carry fire moves to handle Bronzong. The set is fine, it's effectiveness will vary.

I use Shed Shell so i can escape a Magnazone. I really don't want to use Explosion, since he is my rapid spinner, but I see your point. But I'm curious, which should i put out first, Spikes or Stealth Rock?

I like the cursing variant of Registeel better, since you'll have a reliable move to use if your opponent switches out (which is likely, since you just walled their last attack).

So I should use curse to boost my weak attack? Okay I'll probably use it thanks :)

Your team has a slight weakness to Ground, Flying, and Fire, but generally all the other types are well handled. There isn't a single Pokemon that could take out your whole team, pretty solid for a first team. The main problem you'll be facing is how predictable you are. Almost all of your Pokemon are running very standard sets that your opponents may have counters for. Also, you only have 2 immunities, which may hamper your overall ability to switch in.

How about my new team?
Thanks 0RLy, maybe if I use this team, we can battle some timeXD

0RLY

I don't have my game with me, so we'll have to do it on Shoddy. You have Shoddy Battle right? You can contact me on AIM whenever you like. I'm ALWAYS online AIM.

Top Bottom