• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Presents: Pikachu's Infinite Combo!

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
This is not the love Pikachu needs he is already top tier and pretty technical and in no way is an infinite good to have in a fighting game so prepare for all the fraudulent Pikachus running around.
Pikachu is A-tier without customs. His combo game is excellent but he has a hard time killing. If anything, this should be a call to arms against customs and not Pikachu. Remember that DK's "dong-nado" is also legal and cheesy.

Remember that Fox has a jab that combos into itself.

There will always be fraudulent characters running around. Look at what happened with Rosa on the 3DS and Diddy on the Wii U. This combo also has limitations and takes exceptional timing and control to pull off. You're making it sound like this maneuver is as easy to execute as the hoo-hah.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Thankfully, this combination of custom moves does not appear in any of the current custom move sets for evo.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I see people say this a lot...but I never see the results to back it up much.
How many people do you regularly see use Pikachu though? He's always been one of those underused characters.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
This looks way too difficult and situational to be usable in a match. Your opponent would have to be braindead to get trapped in the infinite.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Thankfully, this combination of custom moves does not appear in any of the current custom move sets for evo.
So this is a case of people trying to ban something at a big tournament that already, however indirectly, doesn't allow it? So people who are complaining that Evo will have way too much of this have no idea what they're talking about, good to know.

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
This looks way too difficult and situational to be usable in a match. Your opponent would have to be braindead to get trapped in the infinite.
Hard to initiate, but the follow ups look somewhat simple, just requiring good positioning skills, and a good Pikachu already needs those to deal with his **** range

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
EVO is gonna be so annoying now because all we're gonna hear is "PIKACHUUUUU, PIKACHUUUUU, PIKACHUUUUU, PI-PI, PIKACHUUUUU, PI, PIKACHUUUUU". :V
Just like how Ice Climbers are considered the best character in Melee, right?

Even if this infinite is a problem, we can always ban the usage of it, just like how The Big House bans wobbling.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Pikachu is A-tier without customs. His combo game is excellent but he has a hard time killing. If anything, this should be a call to arms against customs and not Pikachu. Remember that DK's "dong-nado" is also legal and cheesy.
Oh please, that's like saying that wobbling is a call to arms against grabs. Should we ban characters from grabbing in Melee?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This does not work on Shulk.

Monado Shield lowers the amount of time paralyzed by thunder wave and other paralyzing moves. The amount of time is lowered enough so that this infinite does not work even at 80% damage. It could be possible for it to work at far later percents, but I'm not going to go that in depth in testing this.

Also, Shulk can switch to Monado Arts while in paralysis. It takes around [45 frames(?)] to activate a Monado Art, so at most, Pikachu would only be able to attach one more thunder wave against a knowledgeable Shulk that is not already in Monado Shield.

@Masonomace @Zatchiel @S.F.L.R_9 @berserker. @Nammy12 @ Artryuu Artryuu @FOcast @TheHopefulHero @Plain Yogurt
@any other Shulks

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just like how Ice Climbers are considered the best character in Melee, right?

Even if this infinite is a problem, we can always ban the usage of it, just like how The Big House bans wobbling.
I was referring to the repetitive and eventually ear grating voice clips Pikachu makes over the course of the infinite.

I'm not too worried about the infinite myself (especially as a Rosalina main, Luma and GP make it very difficult to land it on Rosalina), I just reckon people will flock to Pikachu for a time because of it. And we will then hear a lot of Pika-sounds.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
No, this is BAD since we ave just discovered something possible meta altering and it's not going to be allowed at the largest smash 4 tournament to date. This makes Evo WORSE because of this. Just because it's something we may not like doesn't mean it's good that we don't see it and can't use it.

Wow, a combination of customs on ONE character that results in an inescapable infinite! Why isnt anyone kicking a fuss over this? When are grabs going to be banned in Melee and Brawl? Or at least put some sort of limit on grabs. Certain grabs can't be used maybe? Ice Climbers aren't allowed to use standing grabs in Melee? Or how about banning Captain Falcon's footstool when against ROB? Maybe disallowing characters from using their jabs when the opponent misses a tech.

Last edited:

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
This does not work on Shulk.

Monado Shield lowers the amount of time paralyzed by thunder wave and other paralyzing moves. The amount of time is lowered enough so that this infinite does not work even at 80% damage. It could be possible for it to work at far later percents, but I'm not going to go that in depth in testing this.

Also, Shulk can switch to Monado Arts while in paralysis. It takes around [45 frames(?)] to activate a Monado Art, so at most, Pikachu would only be able to attach one more thunder wave against a knowledgeable Shulk that is not already in Monado Shield.

@Masonomace @Zatchiel @S.F.L.R_9 @berserker. @Nammy12 @ Artryuu Artryuu @FOcast @TheHopefulHero @Plain Yogurt
@any other Shulks
Have you tried it ? :O??
Would like to test it out in that case ! xD

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The issue with the Ice Climbers was that because you are controlling two characters at once and there wasn't a mechanic that prevented you from grabbing the opponent again after a certain amount of time, you could immediately grab the opponent after a throw was done. Wobbling is different from just a regular grab.

Last edited:

AcePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
UltimaPikachu
3DS FC
4270-1808-1129
Great, now a bunch of fake :4pikachu:mains are gonna be roaming around... then again, :4fox:has his jab lock...

The issue with the Ice Climbers was that because you are controlling two characters at once and there wasn't a mechanic that prevented you from grabbing the opponent again after a certain amount of time, you could immediately grab the opponent after a throw was done. Wobbling is different from just a regular grab.
I'm aware of that. Thunder Wave is different from other customs too. So why should this be a "call to arms" against customs as a whole? The argument is stupid.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664

"You fools think you will get away with this? Just wait until 1.0.7 when I nerf Greninja too."

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
Oh please, that's like saying that wobbling is a call to arms against grabs. Should we ban characters from grabbing in Melee?
I never called for bans. I'm simply responding to a person who believes that this new combo will be an issue, saying that it won't be. I disagree with banning anything in Smash except for wonky stages. Don't warp my argument.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Pikachu was good enough...

At least he can be kill in 100% with strong attack can finish him like in bits.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Until people realize how impossible it is to pull this off in the match. First you need to catch your opponent in a really bad position and two you need perfect spacing and three you opponent has to be at a decent percent to actually get stunned long enough. The spacing enough is hard to get this off.
Though that IS true it worries me because when you think of Pikachu mains, you think or crazy techs and combos... (That powerful up b quick attack spam canceling comes to mind) I know this will be hard to use but there will be at least one person who can do it and dang will they be a humongous threat!

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Ugh. I think we need to come up with a complex ban on (some) customs. Clearly, this is OP, no matter how much skill it takes to pull off. Customs can be so great to the game, we just need to be careful in how we, as a community, allow customs in competitive environments.

Anyway, neat find.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Ugh. I think we need to come up with a complex ban on (some) customs. Clearly, this is OP, no matter how much skill it takes to pull off. Customs can be so great to the game, we just need to be careful in how we, as a community, allow customs in competitive environments.

Anyway, neat find.
cough* cough* Villagers tree that trips, and DK's UP-B 3...

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
cough* cough* Villagers tree that trips, and DK's UP-B 3...
Those contribute to the need for a ban as well. However, those aren't infinites like this is, so they aren't as broken as this is; still, they are OP nonetheless, and will make this game look like a joke if we, as a community, don't do anything.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Have you tried it ? :O??
Would like to test it out in that case ! xD
I watched the video and was immediately thinking about Shield Shulk. I already knew Shield Shulk spent less time in paralysis because of Masonomace's Monado Shield testing a while ago. I just had to make sure that Shulk could change arts while paralyzed - and he could. However, I still needed to make sure the difference made by Monado Shield was enough, so I tested the infinite in practice mode. I managed it to work against Vanilla Shulk (it took a few minutes to get the hang of it), but Shield Shulk could obviously shield before Pikachu would have the chance to hit him with another one. Also, I would love to test it out again, with you, but I'm busy writing a Philosophy paper :p.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Those contribute to the need for a ban as well. However, those aren't infinites like this is, so they aren't as broken as this is; still, they are OP nonetheless, and will make this game look like a joke if we, as a community, don't do anything.
very true and that is what i was saying that some customs need a ban

Ur2Slow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sponger64
I see people say this a lot...but I never see the results to back it up much.
That's because Pikachu is a very underused character (from what I've seen anyways). If more people used him, they would see how good he is (he's probably one of the best in the game).

Top Bottom