• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Presents: Extended Dash Dancing!

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, dash dancing was one of the game's most useful techniques. It was an important part of the neutral game that allowed for spacing mindgames. However, it was changed in Brawl and random tripping hindered its usefulness. Dash dancing is back once again in Smash 4, and it can be combined with fox trotting to maximize its effectiveness. Join My Smash Corner as they teach Extended Dash Dancing/Dance Trotting!

To see more great videos from My Smash Corner, check out their DI Tutorial, Lucas Combos, Dealing with Projectiles Tutorial, or go to their Youtube channel.​
Pokemon64ism is excited to see how Extended Dash Dancing will affect the Smash 4 metagame. You can keep up ith

Comments

Who was it and was it a Marth that switched to Falcon and back to Marth? Was the Marth and Falcon Gold? If so that was me, but if not meh. Anyway Marth, Little Mac, and Falcon have the easiest dashes to do this with. In fact I just tap left or right as fast as I can... Yes this shouldn't be spammed. This should be used in along side with the normal shield stopping and short hopping.
haha I do believe it was a falcon, but I believe it was the reddish-bluish costume. Still, not hard to believe that many falcons and marths dashdance/shield-stop/normal-stop though.

Hm. So I guess this is more useful for characters with long initial dashes and/or good range on their ground moves.

Hopefully it doesn't become as defining as some of Melee's tech was. It'd really hurt the variety we've been seeing if there were dominating techniques that only specific types of characters got use out of.

It's not a personal ego stroke, it's pointing out the constant rebranding and incorrect crediting of something that's existed for a long time. If the creator knows it already exists, then it's an ego stroke on their end. If they didn't know, then it's simply a lack of prior information.

I have no issue with teaching the masses things they missed out from previous iterations as a reintroduction to the game, but I get frustrated when I see new multiple labels for the same technique. That shows a lack of consistency in the community and makes things more confusing on a larger scale. This is like the third time I've seen a video with this technique, expecting something new, but instead got the same thing with a different name.

:093:
Ha, I've been seeing my fair share of this same thing ever since the game came out. Too many people like to "come up" or "find" tech and plaster a name on it just to be, wow, that one guy that made/found out this tech!!! donut steel!!!
Like they're desperate to claim credit for coming up with things. A fine example is the whole Tech of the Week thing. So many basic concepts that are generally relatively obvious and they just feel the need to showcase them as tech and plastering terrible names to boot. It's even funnier how KirbyKid and Marcus aren't even good at all.

It's irritating to see, especially if it's something from another game that was already found out and simply gets renamed by someone showcasing it again to people that wouldn't know any better due to being new.

That gripe aside, I'm glad this video was made. I've actually been wondering how the hell to do this as I've noticed this being used a while back coming from Acid's Falcon, and now Fatality's. It looked damn good but at least now I know how it's performed properly.

Last edited:
Charizard has such a short skid stop that he can do this without the second dash input, and he need to input a perfect pivot to pull off a jab, tilt, smash, ect. :p

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, dash dancing was one of the game's most useful techniques. It was an important part of the neutral game
>Implying Melee is irrelevant lel

Anyways, reminds me a lot of catuar dashing. pretty neat

Last edited:
Top Bottom