• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner: Luigi Downthrow Combos

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Downthrow tends to be quite the combo starter for many characters in Smash 4 and this holds especially true for Luigi. My Smash Corner, makers of great videos such as Diddy Kong Tricks and Dealing With Projectiles has released another excellent video detailing Luigi's downthrow and all of his potential followups. Give it a watch to learn how to use or how to beat Luigi!

SmashCapps is always looking for excellent videos to feature in articles. Follow him on Twitter to share the best Smash videos on the net!

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
MY Smash Corner really been growing on me these past few months, such good quality content.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
So...much...processing...

This is why For Glory is the bane of my existence.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
It's a little late for this video it's about to be patched

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
The only downside of this is that so many more people are going to play Luigi just to spam grab into double aerial the whole game.
I can appreciate good Luigi mains, but it's disappointing when people flock to a character just because of one thing like this.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I'm gonna take a wild guess before I watch and say this is dthrow fair fair dthrow fair fair until your opponent is gimped.

Am I right?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm gonna take a wild guess before I watch and say this is dthrow fair fair dthrow fair fair until your opponent is gimped.

Am I right?
Nah. More like D-throw -> Fair -> Nair -> Fast Fall -> U-tilt -> re-grab -> D-throw -> Fair -> Uair and other things. Has information for getting out of this **** too.

Last edited:

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
The only downside of this is that so many more people are going to play Luigi just to spam grab into double aerial the whole game.
I can appreciate good Luigi mains, but it's disappointing when people flock to a character just because of one thing like this.
My goodness that is so true!!! I wish people find characters they like instead of people using characters popular people use.

Eh hem:4diddy:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Nah. More like D-throw -> Fair -> Nair -> Fast Fall -> U-tilt -> re-grab -> D-throw -> Fair -> Uair and other things. Has information for getting out of this **** too.
Close enough. I got wrecked by a Luigi doing this once on FG. Ran into him again later on and destroyed him because I was able to DI out of it. Then he got mad.

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
I met a weegee who used a lot of down b's It was annoying but I respected him not knowing Luigi was this good!

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
:yeahboi:SHAQ ATAQ INFRAQTION ON YOU!!! BECOME A FALCON AND HELP DESTROY THE TIER LIST!!! :falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon::porttown:

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
In b3 Luigi is new Diddy at all tourneys for 3 months

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Pretty cool but sometimes I wish Smash 4 had more than just Down Throw combos :/

Dakpo

Smash Lord

Downthrow tends to be quite the combo starter for many characters in Smash 4 and this holds especially true for Luigi. My Smash Corner, makers of great videos such as Diddy Kong Tricks and Dealing With Projectiles has released another excellent video detailing Luigi's downthrow and all of his potential followups. Give it a watch to learn how to use or how to beat Luigi!

SmashCapps is always looking for excellent videos to feature in articles. Follow him on Twitter to share the best Smash videos on the net!
That feel when they leave out the deadliest low percent follow up...

Last edited:

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Surprised it didn't say down throw to nair. That kills.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I just love when there's a new My Smash Corner video. Doesn't even matter the topic, I love False's genius about this game.

Hard_Sprinkle

Smash Rookie
My preferred way to use the D-Throw to Up Special with Luigi is when I'm near the ledge when I start the grab combo. That way, if I don't connect, I can retreat by doing a fast fall and grabbing the edge before my opponent can counter with a follow up/punish.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I know that we mostly complain about Diddy's Hoo Hah, but every time Luigi grabs and throws me it makes want to cry.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
really like this since I main luigi. I need to practise the d-throw to dair... :)

Slimeproductions

Smash Rookie
I can't wait till I see people teaching these down throw combos to their Luigi amiibos

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I got people doing this crap to me, all the time why knowing the other possibilities.

The reason I dodge must of the time, Is because DI Save me a lot and staying away.

But the people I challenged with Luigi, use d-tilt for a combo follow too.

Weegee is scary. And most characters can comobo for Down throw, even Ike.

Top Bottom