• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Reddit Post "All of Corrin's Discovered Tech and Skills."

bhjn12345

Smash Rookie
So this is my post from Reddit, as the title says and I'd like you guys to read it and tell me what you think. Have I missed anything that I can add or make sound better? Someone suggested I post this here so here you go, I have no idea what I'm doing o-o
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm gathering this here as a giant encyclopedia so yes this will essentially be a repost on everything we know. Aka I'll be quoting people but posting links to their content :/

So let's begin with side B Tech:

So the most basic thing in order to perform a quick and successful side B, execute the side B and roll your finger to press A. (This means press side B, and push A instantly after for those who are having trouble) Two more ways to instant pin, press side B and instantly press another B input. The last known way (@TheIntellectional) is to press Side B and then follow with Z to pin. It will instantly pin you into the ground or opponent. I find it useful as a movement option and quick damage.

• Now onto some more interesting techniques with side B, beginning with a technique JohnnieWalkker found called Fang Cancelling
It's stated you must angle the Dragon Fang to not go through the platform, drop through the platform and instantly side B. It can be also cancelled at ledge or cancelled by ending the animation at the right time.

• One kill confirm with Side B is this It requires a FULL hop fair into a jump side B making it a real kill confirm if practiced. Stops working around 68-70 I believe.

• Another kill confirm example

• Side B can pierce through platforms above for safe pokes or retreats. Some of the stages it works on

• This shows it's exemplary poking to move in and out of the battlefield as a good mix up on the opponent. It can also be cancelled on the ledge when doing a side B hop, which can link into many things such as this

• Side B empty hops can also be shifted in how far you go by how far you move the analog stick.This is VERY important :p If you perform an empty hop onto the ledge it can be used for ledge trumping and if you are the person being ledge trumped, retaliate with a side B that will surely pack a punch. Yes it can go through the stage and tipper as the video said.

• It can also be used as a turnaround tool on ledge

• Buffering Side B! (@Ptolemy77) What must be done here is buffering the side B out of moves for a safe pin. So for example, you use down air, buffer a side B. Examples of this here, excuse the potato quality. "When Corrin starts her side-b on the ground, she normally has to wait until she starts descending from her hop to pin the ground, which makes her vulnerable for a bit. However, if you buffer a side-b after most actions, and then quickly press B again (basically spam B a few times), you can immediately pin the ground. For example, short hop f-air into an instant dragon lunge will pin most characters a low percents. Same with d-air into instant dragon lunge. You can use it to catch people who try to punish b-air on shield, and frame trap falling opponents with SHFF u-air into dragon lunge. "

• Misc Uses of Side B Side B is much more than what is stated above, it can be used for recovery very well. By sticking it into the side of buildings and using the jump option it adds to your vertical recovery.

• "A tip on landing tipper side smash: Corrin's tip distance is exactly one roll away from your target. If you ever get super up close, roll away and use that distance to measure a guaranteed tip! Use this near ledges to get an idea how far you need to be to ledge guard. After a while, you should be able to memorize the distance. The hitboxes for the tip seems slightly farther than the animation, so it can be used to trick me just how far I could hit." Also back air spaces well with this too! (@WazzupPotato)
Neutral B:

• When using the neutral B, you can charge up the shot AND the bite. This allows you to shoot a tiny stun and charge a big bite into it.

• According to @SmittyBoyTellEm "Neutral B actually charges the chomp and shot separately. For example, you can fire a huge shot and let go of B, which will give you a smaller chomp. Alternatively you can tap B, and then press and hold it immediately to to give a small shot and charge a huge chomp. Useful for when your opponent is in your face, since the small shot has enough stun to get hit by a fully charged chomp."

• The opposite of what was just said is doing a stun, into a little bite if they're not in front of you to do a follow up instead of waiting for it to end. (@Tebacon)

• "At about 110 (120 heavyweights and 98 on fastfallers) Corrin can get a fully charged neutral B stun, do a weak chomp and then follow up with an up air after the stun launches them, similar to zero suit samus's d smash-flip kick combo. Up air beats all DI with its range, so yes this is a 100% guaranteed combo as long as you are close enough to the opponent to run and do the up air." This was told to me by @Verzuh11

• @ItsTheSolo has also sparked an idea which I'm pretty sure is real: "My favourite is fully charging a Neutral B and not the bite and then using the extra frames* to tipper forward smash"

• Neutral B Stun at 3/4th of the way charged can link into a side B, at killing percents. Example(@TrololoWarlord/@Valiki14)
Tilt combos/Other combos -MOSTLY ZERO PERCENT- Something I enjoy is at early percents, do down tilt, up tilt, up tilt, bait the attack and then counter for a strong combo or just go for another up tilt/aerial.

• Falling Nair to up tilt

• Falling fair to up tilt

• Falling up air to up tilt

• Falling fair~to~down tilt~to~grab, down throw

• Falling fair to Side B
25-50% Down tilt to up tilt (@Tigerluver)

30% - Falling up air (last few frames), into fair, into up air

• Falling up air, to back air

• Falling fair, jump to fair and another fair

• Back hit of nair (around last frames) to back air
40% - Falling hit of nair, into fair, into up air

Mid Percents - Fair will combo into itself (@Acterian)

100 (Don't charge bite) - Neutral B into instant pin (mentioned in beginning)

• Neutral B into F-Smash

• Up tilt, double jump, convert into an up air sometimes works around these percents. Roy: 90%-110% Proof
Misc Details! Thank you for all that participated in that thread! More posted there I did not list.

• IMPORTANT. If you grab release someone you can angle an F-Smash. (@Yandomort/@Sayback)

• Up B can be angled. To do so, initiate up B and you will see it curve a bit to the right of where you were facing. Hold back on the analog stick when you press up B to go straight up for more vertical recovery. Opposite applies with pressing forward, it will shoot you more horizontally but still vertical.

• Corrin can save his double jump, use down air to spike, and still recover. "Kill confirm, I know it works on Luigi, Sonic, Sheik, Ryu, and Lucario. Catch a down air offstage while saving double jump. Double jump immediately, and mash jump again. Footstool confirmed, if low enough, cannot be recovered from."(Orrr as shown in the gif, side b to recover ;P)

• If you jump at the apex of your double jump and use dair, you can recover WITHOUT Side B. (@Acterian)

• The first jab is interesting. Hitting it on the tip to about mid point of the javelin arm will pull enemies to you, while hitting an enemy with the part closer to Corrin will push them away

• Her smashes and side special tip, but not her regular moves

• A mixup ledge getup option is to drop down a little, quick stab side special into room under the ledge, and either kick or jump.

• Up tilt will knock people up from the ground on the side Corrin is facing, but not her back.

• Her Nair has two different damages, the sword does 8 damage while her lance arm does 6 damage

• Use backair to recovery horizontally because it pushes you

• The front part of Corrin dsmash does not tip (15 damage), whilst the back part does (12 -> 19 damage). (@leChibi)

• Kill moves, Backair, Upair, downthrow/upthrow at later percents 130% starting. Of course the smash attacks as well

• "If you dash away from your opponent, flip the stick backwards and do the side b quick stab you'll stab behind you immediately. I've been using this to pin an aggressive player or at least give them something to think about before they dash in." Same can be said with neutral b. (@McBrungus)
All his/her moves in [gifs!](https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3xeekl/corrins_full_moveset_shown_in_a_series_of_gifs/)

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Much of the tech related information in this post is irrelevant due to this post. I recommend you look at it and remove already known data in order to make this post more useful.

Top Bottom