• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My proposed gameplay change: The Airdash

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Guys how bout one tap of the shield button midair does brawl dodge but two does melee's? I'd be fine with this.

Though to be honest, I think we might just get a minor modified brawl dodge.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I like it :) However.. the second you add something new.. someone is GOING to fnd an exploit in it. Question is, if the exploit is harmful or not o:

Id like to demo it, but on paper it seems good :)

Conren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Conren1
3DS FC
5086-4445-8944
Personally, it would be jarring if every character could airdash. It would be like if every character could float like Peach. Sure, that would be kind of fun, but it would be jarring if just any character could float. Maybe have airdash on certain characters, like Samus and Pit.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I like the "Idea" of airdashing, but wouldn't that make every character's recovery too good. For Example: Someone with multi-jumps like Kirby would be able to do it alot right? Thats not really balance. Sonic kinda had the 'airdash' in Brawl where you would shoot forward AND it would take your second jump, combined with the spring/HA he had one of the best recoveries in the game for a character that could only jump once.
----
My idea of a perfect airdodge would be to combine both Melee and Brawl's. Melee in that you can airdodge in a direction, and Brawl in that you dont go into freefall when you use it, BUT to make it not 'broken' you could only use it once while in midair.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
I like the "Idea" of airdashing, but wouldn't that make every character's recovery too good. For Example: Someone with multi-jumps like Kirby would be able to do it alot right? Thats not really balance.
Then you just make the air-dash unusable for those type of characters.

Top Bottom