• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My old Lucas needs updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercake

Smash Apprentice
I've been out of brawling for nearly 9 months. My college is hosting a couple tournaments very soon. I want to compete as Lucas once again for fun and would like not to get my head handed to me too early. So what super important Lucas developments did I miss? Below is a summary of my current state of knowledge of Lucas/SSBB when I left summer 08.

I knew how to use all of Lucas AT's at that time including zap jump, bstick fire, magnet pull, pkt2. I always used bstick pkf + spacing as the pillar of my game.

There weren't many metagame developments that affected lucas if I remember at the time besides bstick. Did something generally new and important come along that affects Lucas? Lucas' worst matchups at the time were GW, MetaKnight, maybe a few others but those two were always annoying. Also last time I remember there was talk of Lucas being in high tier, and now I see he is in low tier. Wtf happened?

Levitas

the moon
We realized that lucas loses really hard to the majority of top/high tier.

This is essentially an "I'm back" thread, so I have to close it. If you have specific questions, I guess the Q&A thread might be a good place to go.

As far as new metagame stuff, it's pretty much just been finding safer options and streamlining our play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom