• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My noobish glory!!!

QERB

Banned via Warnings
Umm that's not a smash video....

EDIT: ok link's fixed lol....Umm I would suggest going to the character specific forum and checking out the good in there.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Ohkay...First up i found the vic, but you got the wrong link up, fix that... (after you do that)you gotta learn the advanced techniques before people can really help you out... Look through the melee discussion forums and read the advanced techniques thread... after you get the hang of l-cancelling, shffling, and wavelanding (or watch wak's advanced how to play videos)... then start watching pro vids, and watch how they play... About dr. mario, he should be played as a combo machine (more of a juggler than combo'er) and eventually you should able to do that... And for some dr. mario specific techniques watch "the doctors checkup" by smashmac...

I also noticed an up+b as an attack... its pretty much worthless, there is almost always a better option (unless you cancel it, but its really hard to get the hang of and still kinda worthless)... When you recover coming back to the stage, try not to land on the stage with the up+b, try to just catch the ledge so you cant get hit so easily...

stop rolling so much...

twnz

Smash Cadet
lol.. umm. learn advanced techniques thats all i gotta say..

The falco spams forward smash 24/7 and does nothing else. get a better video recorder. Ahh yes, and did u ever hear of shorthopping and shining? lol

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
ik, the kid falco-ing is OBSESSED with the uber kick(the front-a smash). he doesn't own the game tho, so it's hard for hinm to advance.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
o, and what do u think of my use of pills to stop his fire? could he have done another fire after i stopped his first?

jayrocs

Smash Cadet
You need work on a lot of things. You need a better approach and I forgot already because I didn't watch the whole video but did you ever shield grab? If a falco is spamming forward smash just shield it and grab him throw him up. You can chain grab falco or at least lead it to some combos. Instead of trying to pill him from the middle of the map why dont u just try edge hogging or edgeguarding with cape? Cape is fox/falcos worst nightmare.

Also, since you are new when you first see advanced tactics vids (I recommend Wak's guide) you might be drawn to wavedashing and trying to master that. Wavedashing will get you nowhere unless you learn how to play first learn how to Shffl etc speed up your game. When you first learn how to wavedash it also might seem unimportant as newer players don't see use for it but gradually you will learn how to incorporate it in your game. Another thing is try to sweet spot more often most of your recoveries would get you killed against competent players. Have fun.

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
im really sorry... your friend is a c-stick spammer.. its the only thing he is doing... but you need to get a little better before we can assume how good you are...

Top Bottom