• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My New Main

Cup Noodles

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, after finally signing up for Smashboards, I saw that many people were deciding or had decided their specific mains to use in casual and competitive games.
Since I'm fresh to the competitive scene, I wanted to pick a character that was easier to pick up on since, unfortunately, I know now that Link isn't really used in the competitive scene and is harder to master than the top tiers like the space animals or Marth, Peach, or Sheik.
So no, I can't, or rather, won't be using Link if it will remove a lot of options and chances at success in the route I'm taking through Smash. But...I'm a HUGE The Legend of Zelda fan, and I really didn't want to leave any of the characters from that series, so I picked Sheik. It honestly makes me happy that a lot of the top professionals actually use/used her in their games.
If I can learn Sheik, than I'm pretty sure I'll be able to win a lot more games.

Thanks to all who looked in to this thread and such.

-Cup Noodles.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Welcome aboard! Hell yeah Sheik is mad sick dude. Sharp movement with an incredible grab techchase and edge guarding game.
I'll advice you to learn and continuingly improve on your dthrow techchase.
When the tech chase is over you can start opting for Fair setups which leads into edge guards.
That's your bread and butter.
Make sure to read and watch several tutorials then ask any questions you might have.

Cup Noodles

Smash Cadet
Welcome aboard! Hell yeah Sheik is mad sick dude. Sharp movement with an incredible grab techchase and edge guarding game.
I'll advice you to learn and continuingly improve on your dthrow techchase.
When the tech chase is over you can start opting for Fair setups which leads into edge guards.
That's your bread and butter.
Make sure to read and watch several tutorials then ask any questions you might have.
Thanks a bunch, Trip

Top Bottom