• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My name is Preposterous Whitey. I am a silly man.

Preposterous Whitey

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctorhair
3DS FC
2921-9081-1891
Hello, fellow Smashers. My name is Whitey and I am, admittedly, a fairly casual player of the Super Smash Bros games. My friends and I play pretty heated, high-level matches, and we do know a fair bit about the mechanics of the games, but we're not tournament-worthy by any means.

I must confess that I was originally drawn to this site due to the "ESRB leak". I'm a lurker on the Smash Wii U forum on GameFAQs (I post occasionally as HarryT3hDoktor if you see me around there), and I kept seeing people mention these boards when discussing the leak. So, I decided to check things out and I like what I see.

I figured I'd finally post an introduction, despite the fact that I'm not sure exactly how much I will post. Due to my jam-packed personal life, I mainly only visit forums and such at work. Plus, I have a pretty strict "if you don't have something original or constructive to say, don't say anything at all" policy that I impose on myself. Still, in the event that I do find some original words, I thoughts you guys might like to know who I before just seeing me pop up elsewhere.

In my free time, I love to play videogames. Lately, I find myself mainly playing retro games, newer Nintendo games, and indie games. I find myself rather disenfranchised with the current AAA game culture and the games themselves, especially since I'm not a big fan of shooters. I own a Wii U, 3DS, PS4, Vita, 360 and many retro consoles. If you want to add me for some reason, I'm DoctorHair on NN/PSN/XBL, and I'll update my profile soon with my 3DS code. I just finished Rogue Legacy on PS4/Vita, which I consider a pretty big personal achievement, and will be moving on to playing Symphony of the Night for my billionth time now that it's done. I've also been replaying the exquisite Mother 3 (fan translation of course) with my fiancee.

Aside from that, I love to read (even though I don't do it as often as I feel I should). I'm currently in the middle of the new Haruki Murakami novel, as well as American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I also like comics, especially standalone graphic novels (since I don't have the time required to keep up with most long-running series). I recently read Seconds by the author of the Scott Pilgrim books, and while I'm a few months behind I read Alex+Ada, Sex Criminals, and Archie's Mega Man.

I visit a few other forums, mostly on GameFAQs as previously mentioned. There you can see me hanging around Random Insanity, the Broadcast TV board, and the Movies board. Other than that, I haven't been active on another forum since my time at ye olde Video Game Babes forum (NSFW if you look it up, not even sure it's around anymore) as a global moderator.

So yeah, that's me. I would mention I have a tendency to ramble incessantly, but I think that's thoroughly implied by the rest of the post. Happy to be here, and I hope you guys will be happy to have me in whatever capacity I'll be around. :)

Top Bottom