• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Music" Freezing Upon Selecting Battlefield

StraightEight

Smash Rookie
I've asked around in other places, and it seems to have happened to others before. Basically, it's exactly as it sounds, but I'll explain exactly what happened:
I was playing PM as usual, just playing against the CPU, and I noticed when Battlefield was selected that the music was not playing within the actual level. I found it odd, so I went to check if my settings had been turned off, and the game froze. I did some testing afterwards, and I found that when versus is selected, the problem persists, but in training mode, everything works fine. Didn't test any other mode.

Now, prior to this happening, I had deleted some bstrm files from the strm folder, but those were not in association with the Battlefield stage. Before all this had happened, everything was working fine, and I hadn't had any freezing issues. I just ask what the cause of this is and if I can fix it. As of right now, I'm trying to see if just starting with Vanilla PM and starting over might work.

And just a little more background info. I had been using Brawl Minus and was switching between the two, but my setup makes it so that all of either the PM or BM files are packed within a separate folder, while the active one remains in the root. I don't believe this is the source of the problem, but it could be a possibility. I am also using Calabrel's custom stage build. Again, this could be a reason as well, but this build has been working perfectly for the months that I've been using it, and this is the first time something like this has occurred. If anyone knows the solution to my problem(more importantly, the cause, so it doesn't happen again), please let me know, so that I can fix this. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Brawl Song Manager plays the bstrm files fine, so I don't think it's the individual files. Also, I realize that I may have posted this in the wrong place. If this is to go in the Help and Support board, let me know, and I'll delete this and repost it.

EDIT: Switching to Vanilla Project M and formatting have not solved my problem. The level pack is likely not the source of the freezing.

Last edited:

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
I'm having the same issue. I think to fix it a full format on the SD would need to be done as FAT32 and then go from there. Too bad my music pack is custom and I can't find it anywhere :(

StraightEight

Smash Rookie
I just formatted the card a few minutes ago, and it's giving me the same problem. As for the music, you could just back up the "strm" folder and then replace it on the SD card when you make the switch.

Top Bottom