• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Marth Vids (dittos vs emblem lord) UPDATEDx4

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Ehh, so looking at these vids makes me want to improve my Marth so much more!! Think I could play a wifi match against someone for advice/criticism? =3
Send me an IM if you want.

Added vids vs anther if anyone's interested.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
banana i f-air u a lot in marth dittos o_O

these vids bored me tbh, too much predictable dancing blade spam (an approach that is pretty easy to dodge if it's spammed) and turtling

to each their own tho
Lol, I need to ditto you moar. As soon as I finish my exams this week I'll be up for games just about every day.

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
You asked for critiques. Thought I'd put them down here. You're at least on par with me, so I'm afraid I can't give you all too much advice, but...

I personally don't think you use FAir, UTilts, FTilts, and the up-oriented Dancing Blade enough. Also, there were several times during these vids where a choice Counter could have turned the tide of the battle in your favor. You definitely have the basics down, which is a plus. Your spacing is excellent, though sometimes I wonder if you commit to too many attacks and get punished for it.

If you replace some of your NAirs with FAirs for the extended coverage, and really incorporated the other tilts into your gameplay, I think you'll improve. Also, work on gimping. You probably could have beaten Emblem Lord if you had gimped him more often.

Final tip: Try not to fall into patterns. Many times I saw the same Dancing Blade and the same grab-until-you-break-free-then-DSmash attempts. While these will work the first few times, quicker players will catch on and punish you for it. So vary your attack pattern a bit.

All in all, I think you are a high-moderate to veteran player. Your spacing is excellent and you are great at racking up damage through your probing and dishing with Dancing Blade. If you add to your repertoire the various tilts (particularly UTilt), take advantage of FAir's frontal coverage, and get some choice Counters in, you will be a beast.

Good luck to you, sir!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Amazing matches. I really need to incorporate some of that playstyle into my game. In other words, I'm way too aggressive.

I wish I could wi-fi Emblem Lord, too bad my connection is terrible.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm reading the youtube comments on my matches with Steel.

You gotta love it. They are lol.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm reading the youtube comments on my matches with Steel.

You gotta love it. They are lol.
"not bad but you guys still need work. you guys seem to understand marths moves but you guys have no speed"

"You guys spam DB too much."

"......... this is so boring its painful"

Top Bottom