• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Marth needs improvement

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this will make me lose all respect that I could have, but I would like to here feedback about my marth. Oh and I tend to kill myself a couple times, definitely by accident!

Such as what moves I should do more of, what I should avoid, or anything else you might feel like saying that could help me beat "That Guy."
Oh and by the way they are all against sheik, among my group of friends he is the best.

Versus Sheik 1
Versus Sheik 2
Versus Sheik 3
Versus Sheik 4
Versus Sheik 5
Versus Sheik 6
Versus Sheik 7
Versus R.O.B.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ok form what i saw, your Marth is ok, you know the basics. However, you jumped into the **** alot, whiffed too many attacks and grabs. So here's my advice:

- Practice not rolling so much
- Go practice your spacing
- Work on mixing up what you do, including responses and recovery
- Try not throwing out senseless attacks and practice to tip an aim
- Don't use Dash Attack
- Go over a few of the guides in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172497

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
Ugh, no dash attacks. Thanks for the tips, my approach pretty much sucks for every character I play.

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Rukkiko you run into the **** alot be more patient and wait for him to come to you
Moar DB and Moar Nair and dont spam kill moves

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Nair is also a good approach to use also try camping with Nair too it helps
Um also more offstage fighting Bair good offstage and Nair
NAIR = ****

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
Thanks SugarSheik I don't know what I do without your third comment repeating what everyone else said. But reading seems like not a bad idea.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Nair does not ****. It's really only good on big/fat/tall characters. Smaller characters can get through it quite easily. NAir is still uber good tho, =P.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
Thanks SugarSheik I don't know what I do without your third comment repeating what everyone else said. But reading seems like not a bad idea.
I love you too jared :)
but really, use the counter to get out of the forward tilt lock thingy, try to fair to D-tilt that works well, and stop rolling so much. D-throw to F-smash, and work on your spacing lol

Pandii

Smash Rookie
Rather than down throw to forward smash, at 0% do forward throw to forward smash :3 Works wonders

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
seriously stop encouraging them to make there own threads guys go to the critique threads plz :/
Seriously, I know it's frustrating to tell people everytime but it's the only way to get the message across.

Top Bottom