• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my luigi

Gea

Smash Master
Wow... so much to work on @.@

1. Your recovery sucks the nuts. You nado'd when you didn't need to... didn't nado when you probably should have, green missled onto the stage, used your second jump before green missling closer to the stage... etc.

2. Your approach was always wavedash into downsmash. Vary it. Get close and aerial, cyclone, usmash, wavetilt, fireball, for for a grab... SOMETHING

3. String your aerials together better. That means less uairs, more nairs. More bairs.

4. Your was of dealing with missles = subpar. A good MCer will shoot them too low to duck under.... so its a bad idea to just duck.

5. Edgeguarding?

6. Once again your opponent was not up to snuff. :<

mood4food77

Smash Hero
like i said before, it's the best i got right now, i'll put up some against a better opponent soon

i only ducked under the missiles cause i knew it would get around them easiest, he doesn't JC them...i'm trying to make him better

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
No...First off ur not fighting a very good samus =.=... U dont combo when u really could...u should be using that Bair a lot more...U stick to the floor WAY TOO MUCH...you have arial...REALLY GOOD ONES SO USE THEM....more WD into grabs...but all in all samus is a pain in teh a$$...If u want some GOOD evaluation get a vid of u vs: Marth, Falco, Fox. Try to go with falco or fox cuz they tend to show where the real skill is in tech...

Gea

Smash Master
Use moves like cyclone, any aerial really (cuts on her rush minus into a sex...), I think dash attack *may* work (it works for pills), hitting with the tip of an ftilt... fireballs...

Just anything where you aren't standing still.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
I dont suggest listening to Gea =P... He first had it but now its goin down...I dont think he actually uses Luigi cuz u NEVER EVER EVER use dash attack =.=....Well...rarely it works =P...
Cyclones good for getting ground and goin through missiles (but u need good timing)...ftilt is more for combos and with arials try to keep them spaced to stay away from the shield grabbers....and for fireballs...u really dont use them unless ur shooting them to keep someone from recovering (but be careful not to give them just another up-b chance) or if ur fighting someone fast like CF and it works OK...
But yeah...just DONT stand still and try to work in the air...cuz thats the big thing u hear is that Luigi ***** with the air combos

Gea

Smash Master
I dont suggest listening to Gea =P... He first had it but now its goin down...I dont think he actually uses Luigi cuz u NEVER EVER EVER use dash attack =.=....Well...rarely it works =P...
Cyclones good for getting ground and goin through missiles (but u need good timing)...ftilt is more for combos and with arials try to keep them spaced to stay away from the shield grabbers....and for fireballs...u really dont use them unless ur shooting them to keep someone from recovering (but be careful not to give them just another up-b chance) or if ur fighting someone fast like CF and it works OK...
But yeah...just DONT stand still and try to work in the air...cuz thats the big thing u hear is that Luigi ***** with the air combos
Dash attack cancels projectiles that can be jab-cancelled at all heights except behind/above you. I wasn't sure about missles because of their blast effect. It sure works on pills (though I prefer jabs and tilts, it works).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
haha, yea

my bro said luigi was gay

that was after he asked why he couldn't hit anything, i just said cause luigi's that cool

anyways, thanks for your guys help, much more on this one than the other characters i posted

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
my main approach wd shield grab. works close to everytime. also, if ur facing a missle. try wd spot dodge grab and start up a combo. lmao at 0:19

mood4food77

Smash Hero
actually, you say all i did was wavedash dsmash, i just watched it again, yea it was my main approach, but i did a lot more than that, i did wavedash into aerials, i did down b a few times, but i gotta mix it up more

i coulnd't find a time to use nair, except at one point

Gea

Smash Master
actually, you say all i did was wavedash dsmash, i just watched it again, yea it was my main approach, but i did a lot more than that, i did wavedash into aerials, i did down b a few times, but i gotta mix it up more

i coulnd't find a time to use nair, except at one point
Alright, something of an exaggeration... but I meant that you were overusing it.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol...Yeah well LowTier Luigis gotta help eachother out =P...
Your biggest problem is your predictability...Most of the time u went in for an attack u used WD to Dsmash...And it almost seemed like u were AFRAID to air combo...And for Nair...mostly when from from the top and they are on the floor cuz it is a GREAT combo starter

Top Bottom