• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My love for the Universe is 0.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
(Before you read this; might I suggest you to redirect your experience to this place for better format and a fibonacci sequence gif that will make your experience that much easier: http://insanctuary.newgrounds.com/

In case you aren't familiar with the fibonacci sequence, it's a sequential pattern which is "as easy as 1, 1, 2, 3," 5, 8, 13, 21, 34...

The way the fibonacci is linked can be figured by breaking it down in three numerical forms: 1, 4, 7; 2, 5, 8; 3, 6, 9 (the core).

1, 4, 7 = 12 = 3

2, 5, 8 = 15 = 6

3, 6, 9 = 18 = 9

If you add the numbers left to right, starting from top to bottom, you'll get 8 + 1 = 9; 7 + 2 = 9; 6 + 3 = 9

If you add the numbers by following the colorful energy, you'll get 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 7 + 5 = 18 = 9

If you add everything in a circle, you'll get 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 = 45 = 9

---

Small minds will not be able to understand the magnificence of this, even after I had already explained it (most of it, however; I left out some parts for great minds to figure out themselves).

This, ladies and gentleman, is the key to the Universe. The very key that Tesla was talking about. He once said, "If only you knew the magnificence of the 3, 6, 9, then you would have the key to the Universe."

While studying this, I was being enlightened with possibilities, as well as the tears of my inner genius making another breakthrough so it can be that much closer to cosmic freedom.

The fibonacci sequence resembles the form of plant, animal and Man. These points are creating a uni-point, that is sometimes called "0"; the infinity; the origin of creation. That core, is the singularity which created the big bang. Take a moment to observe the figure of a birthing galaxy; it has "arms", a "body"; and as it expands, it creates a parabolic shape, which is described by the fibonacci sequence. If you do not know what a parabolic shape looks like, simply look into a mirror; the shape of your eye is parabolically shaped.

To stress this relationship between the human eye and the Universe further, I will heedingly suggest for anyone interested in this magnificence to study the sonar waves which are released from our eyes, and translate that as an earthly scaled version of a sonic boom. The source of light you see escaping from a dying star that manages to result in a cosmic diffusion, could be the same source of light (which is not visible) that escapes the human eye every time we blink, on a smaller scale.

The golden ratio, 0.618, which is a number I still haven't figured out yet, hence I am not a /mathematical/ genius (although, I do suppose I have the potential to become one when I take the time to learn it), but an ontological genius, may be another triangle shaped ghost machine that holds everything in the Universe together.

Some other points to consider:

• The planet's core and the core of the human body (not sure about animal body) produce electromagnetic waves, which I suspect is the emergence of personality.

Tesla (and I, however Tesla proved it with tangible research) discovered that the entire biological system, the brain and this planet are existing on the same frequencies.

I have noticed that the point between sanity and insanity is constantly conceptualized as a "spiral", which is what the Universe is comprised of, from the black hole, to the sink holes and whirlpools here on Earth. There is a theory that spirals are a link to natural silence. When nature is violent, and creative, it creates spirals - insanity is violent and creative.

We are empty like the Universe. We are not being; we are becoming. What we become will always be another becoming. The Universe is young, cosmically naive - so are we. There is no beginning or end - no creator, or creation. The initial state that was the big bang built into another initial state greater than the previous which built into an even greater initial state - ad infinitum. The fibonacci sequence, too, does not abandon its previous numbers, like humans abandon their errors for their new becoming. That is what separates a great mind from an ungrateful mind.

The neurons in our head are similar to the cosmic clusters in space.

The heart is more electrically active than the brain. The brain follows the heart's rhythm, not the other way around. The heart is a bigger brain than the brain itself. The heart is the core - the brain is the control system. I also suspected this myself, when I observed in everything that is life, the core was the processor, and the centre.

Tesla wrote, "If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration..."

I wrote, "You cannot experience yourself, without experiencing the Universe; you cannot define yourself, without defining the Universe. Your identity can only be the Universe; anything but, is an identity of fear, ignorance and belittlement of cosmic character, which controls you, while the Universe need not control, for it is free and becoming."

---

On a personal note: If I wasn't able to contribute to this work of genius, I wouldn't have to make this partly about myself; lest I wanted to undermine genius and be greater than any fool.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Does the fibonacci sequence also map out a pattern for delusional arrogance.
I'd much rather make it about myself to contribute, than to make it about others, not myself, just to condescend.

This is what separates the great mind from the ungrateful mind.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Please tell us more about your great mind and amazing genius. This is so interesting.
The mind I have is not mine. We do not own minds; we hone minds.

I can admire how you're the first one to separate genius from the person, as I did in the original post. I was growing tired from everyone missing the mark and assuming I am saying that I was the genius - no, I am an experience; the source is the genius. No matter what... if I said I was the genius, or I experienced my inner genius, people would continue to call me arrogant, in spite of the principle that in order to achieve greatness; one must make great sacrifice. A huge part of that sacrifice involves sacrificing yourself; disciplining yourself to let go. There is no great mind without a history of pain.

Let me ask you before I go any further. What is a genius to you?

Here's a quote: "The mind is not a vessel to be filled; but a fire to be kindled."

Another: "Hang in there. Trust that those winds of adversity are blowing away what's not needed while making you stronger."

One more: "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Genius is when you don't make statements that correlate a metaphorical size illustration to the human brain when you tie that into the recognition of a mathematical phenomena. I can personally attest that my brain is way too small to handle superfluous garbage when it comes to the explanation of scientific phenomena.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Genius is when you don't make statements that correlate a metaphorical size illustration to the human brain when you tie that into the recognition of a mathematical phenomena. I can personally attest that my brain is way too small to handle superfluous garbage when it comes to the explanation of scientific phenomena.
Scientific phenomena? Are you aware that Tesla was on the right track, while Einstein wasted the rest of his life in only science? Philosophy is the father of science, after all. What is so superfluous about philosophy compared to going down formula after formula until it no longer relates to our reality?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Scientific phenomena? Are you aware that Tesla was on the right track, while Einstein wasted the rest of his life in only science? Philosophy is the father of science, after all. What is so superfluous about philosophy compared to going down formula after formula until it no longer relates to our reality?
Are you trolling me. Or are you so deep inside your own mind that you lack the ability to understand the point other people are actually making.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Are you trolling me. Or are you so deep inside your own mind that you lack the ability to understand the point other people are actually making.
You feigned philosophy, which indicates you do not understand a variety of points that are required to understand the points I am making.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You feigned philosophy, which indicates you do not understand a variety of points that are required to understand the points I am making.
So saying that some people have small minds was one of the many philosophical statements you were making regarding a human's capacity to understand.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
So saying that some people have small minds was one of the many philosophical statements you were making regarding a human's capacity to understand.
You worded that inaccurately. It's not a human's capacity to have a small mind. It's the limited capacity to have a small mind. When that small mind is evolved by choice and virtue, that capacity reflects that growth.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You worded that inaccurately. It's not a human's capacity to have a small mind. It's the limited capacity to have a small mind. When that small mind is evolved by choice and virtue, that capacity reflects that growth.
So in other words, people who are small minded are individuals who have made decisions over the course of their life to remain ignorant and have little to no sense of virtue. Either that or because they are still at too early a point in their lives to have reached a sense of understanding or a sense of virtue that you deem to be experiences that result in the 'greatening' of their minds.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
So in other words, people who are small minded are individuals who have made decisions over the course of their life to remain ignorant and have little to no sense of virtue. Either that or because they are still at too early a point in their lives to have reached a sense of understanding or a sense of virtue that you deem to be experiences that result in the 'greatening' of their minds.
That's the result - the explanation lies in how they deal with their obstacles, the people's opposition and the world's obscurity. Without the explanation, you're left with a still picture left to be abused by people's naive interpretations.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That's the result - the explanation lies in how they deal with their obstacles, the people's opposition and the world's obscurity. Without the explanation, you're left with a still picture left to be abused by people's naive interpretations.
For a world that seems obscure, you have made the claim to be able to philosophically discern a 'small mind' based on the condition of understanding your opening post. For someone who states that overcoming obstacles is an important part of the process in how people become 'small minded', you have stated that those of 'small mind' will still not understand even after reading the explanations you have outlined therefore leading me to question whether you have a desire to encourage the prevalence of 'small mindedness' or if you believe that forfeiting a mutual understanding on such issues is one of many conditions needed to develop a 'greater mind'. If the latter is the case. then there was clearly a misunderstanding as your definition of a 'great mind' is inversed from the everyday understanding of the words: great and mind. If the earlier case is true, then it highlights upon my initial thoughts on your opening post which I will get to in a moment.

In attributing someone of 'small mind' you have also aliased the term with a person who has a lack of virtue, limit themselves, and made choices supporting a state of ignorance. I have no qualms with being accused of being 'small minded' because I have no interest in being enlightened by a bigot. It is like a bigot to equate tolerating his bigotry with having a 'greater mind' because he is superior and enlightened. A bigot also has a tendency to mistake his opinions for truths, sometimes being so misguided as to state that his own belief is indicative of how the world operates or possibly the universe. Given the initial premises I'm inclined to believe that you are a bigot and until you prove to me otherwise I'm not very interested in the other assertions being made in your opening post.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
For a world that seems obscure, you have made the claim to be able to philosophically discern a 'small mind' based on the condition of understanding your opening post. For someone who states that overcoming obstacles is an important part of the process in how people become 'small minded', you have stated that those of 'small mind' will still not understand even after reading the explanations you have outlined therefore leading me to question whether you have a desire to encourage the prevalence of 'small mindedness' or if you believe that forfeiting a mutual understanding on such issues is one of many conditions needed to develop a 'greater mind'.

In attributing someone of 'small mind' you have also aliased the term with a person who has a lack of virtue, limit themselves, and made choices supporting a state of ignorance. I have no qualms with being accused of being 'small minded' because I have no interest in being enlightened by a bigot. It is like a bigot to equate tolerating his bigotry with having a 'greater mind' because he is superior and enlightened. A bigot also creates has a tendency to mistake his opinions for truths, sometimes being so misguided as to state that his own belief is indicative of how the world operates or possibly the universe. Given the initial premises I'm inclined to believe that you are a bigot and until you prove to me otherwise I'm not very interested in the other assertions being made in your opening post.
Small mind is not an insult, but a definitive reflection of the current state of someone's mind compared to another person's mind. Let's say I should not say they have a small mind because you personally do not believe I have the great mind to suppose thereof; but let's say someone who truly entertains a great mind comes along and shows no effort at thinking more than someone else - the person I would be comparing would still have a small mind, in comparison, just like your food will be small if you place it on a bigger plate. It's dimension - it's not disrespect. People can be offended by every thing they choose to be offended by. It would be silly to ascribe this as one of those offenses, when it's no different than describing Jupiter compared to Mercury. Whether you call it small/big, or resort to their actual mathematical size.

You live in a world where people accept opinions over truth. Where truth is the new hate crime. Harden up, friend. That is what separates a strong mind from a soft mind.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Small mind is not an insult, but a definitive reflection of the current state of someone's mind compared to another person's mind. Let's say I should not say they have a small mind because you personally do not believe I have the great mind to suppose thereof; but let's say someone who truly entertains a great mind comes along and shows no effort at thinking more than someone else - the person I would be comparing would still have a small mind, in comparison, just like your food will be small if you place it on a bigger plate. It's dimension - it's not disrespect. People can be offended by every thing they choose to be offended by. It would be silly to ascribe this as one of those offenses, when it's no different than describing Jupiter compared to Mercury. Whether you call it small/big, or resort to their actual mathematical size. You live in a world where people accept opinions over truth. Where truth is the new hate crime. Harden up, friend. That is what separates a strong mind from a soft mind.
I wasn't aware that the discrepancy was solely between size when you described that it was a matter of virtue. I apologize for not respecting your efforts to backtrack and redefine your initial premise meanwhile also attempting to discredit my belief that you are an arrogant bigot by calling me soft. It wasn't too long ago that someone else also questioned the thickness of my skin and that person was also established by others to be a bigot. It is indeed sad that I live in a world where bigots exist and insinuate that I'm swayed by subjective standards while they are representative of unyielding, objective truth. It's funny because in attempting to defend their own image of being an impartial and objective voice of absolute reason, they only substantiate their bigotry by refusing to accept otherwise. Mind you I'm not calling you a bigot as an insult, but a definitive reflection of the current state of your mind compared to the rest of the entire world.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't aware that the discrepancy was solely between size when you described that it was a matter of virtue. I apologize for not respecting your efforts to backtrack and redefine your initial premise meanwhile also attempting to discredit my belief that you are an arrogant bigot by calling me soft. It wasn't too long ago that someone else also questioned the thickness of my skin and that person was also established by others to be a bigot. It is indeed sad that I live in a world where bigots exist and insinuate that I'm swayed by subjective standards while they are representative of unyielding, objective truth. It's funny because in attempting to defend their own image of being an impartial and objective voice of absolute reason, they only substantiate their bigotry by refusing to accept otherwise. Mind you I'm not calling you a bigot as an insult, but a definitive reflection of the current state of your mind compared to the rest of the entire world.
If I was arrogant, why do I punish myself and sacrifice my desires and needs for the better of mankind?

If I was a bigot, why do I share the qualities of a great mind, which requires you to appreciate every aspect of life with a passion?

Is it because I use terms correctly, while people become offended incorrectly? It is because I would rather live in a world where harshness is above and peace below, than a world where peace is above and harshness below? There's a reason why beautiful stones are born through fire, friend.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
If I was arrogant, why do I punish myself and sacrifice my desires and needs for the better of mankind?

If I was a bigot, why do I share the qualities of a great mind, which requires you to appreciate every aspect of life with a passion?

Is it because I use terms correctly, while people become offended incorrectly?
Why do bigots use rhetorical questions in order to illustrate that oppositional statements are unjustified?

Is it because they are so bigoted that they can't even consider using a question at face value?

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Why do bigots use rhetorical questions in order to illustrate that oppositional statements are unjustified?

Is it because they are so bigoted that they can't even consider using a question at face value?
I like you.

You are the reason why great minds exist. Without you sporting those troubles without facing them yourself, the way of the genius would not be accessible to those that are prepared for it.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Uh... heh. (this is what I meant by "doomed.") For the sake of the public-ness of this discussion let me advise that Mr. Spider and myself have discussed this topic at some length, and that my initial reaction to the words "Small minds will not be able to understand the magnificence of this..." was not unlike the reactions in this thread... "dude, wtf" or "Oh, God, what is it with these wack-a-doos?" But I made the personal choice to ignore my initial reaction and press onward to hopefully arrive at a destination somewhere near where the originator intended (in this case a discussion on spirals and their significance). I am in no way suggesting I am superior because I did this, and I do not expect others to follow suit, I just needed to put that out there so that others could understand just how it is I came to this point in the ongoing discussion that until now has been privately conducted.

We can either argue about his choice of words and seeming arrogance, or we could discuss the postulation at hand: the significance of spirals. I do believe there is some merit to the idea that the spiral, and in particular the Logarithmic spiral, holds significance in the grander scheme of things. One could also decide that seashells and galaxies just look pretty, and that's that, nothing more to be said. The reason why I traveled down this road, to entreat the possibility of being eaten alive by what could turn out to be a crazed troll, is because of a personal interest in the search for a connection between nature and the human intellect and psyche.

SO, that now addressed, I will submit to this discussion from my pm w/the topic creator what I believe to be the stepping stone into a broader realm of research on the matter:

"Although changed, I shall arise the same." -Jacob Bernoulli

So called "self-similarity" in mathematics is a unique property of the logarithmic spiral. To bring this towards human psyche, we look at the way in which people "change" yet stay the same. It is indeed proper to acknowledge the inherent coincidence that one being a "changed" person through some accident of fate are -at the core- still the same - we all are like this. But are we aware of it? Am I? Years have passed since I reached the moment of reason, self-awareness, and I would say in all attempts at intellectual honesty that I am none too distant from my original "self." And yet, I am quite different in many respects. Often it is emotion, indeed tumultuous outbursts that often force us to be reminded of our earlier, baser selves. And in this we see the nature of the spiral, the same-ness of ourselves.

It is in breaking the silence, that we discover this truth. And it is the struggle to fight against this truth that we find conflict. Attempting to lay back to rest those things set in motion, if you will. Perhaps that is why humans behave as they do? They are intrinsically meant for self-similarity, and yet are at odds with this concept.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
It is in breaking the silence, that we discover this truth. And it is the struggle to fight against this truth that we find conflict. Attempting to lay back to rest those things set in motion, if you will. Perhaps that is why humans behave as they do? They are intrinsically meant for self-similarity, and yet are at odds with this concept.
That is the magnificence of human nature, as it is the magnificence of the ocean water's surface; calm and clear, yet distorted and wild.

This would be the next part of my speculations on what the spiral is and where it's least active/most active: "I came to a conclusion that nature creates spirals at her most heated moments; where in all energy is built up into a cosmic wonder of creation and destruction. I can not help but see a correlation between the way nature behaves and the way our very mind behaves.

Tell me, am I the only one here whom believes that insanity recreates that same power of creation and destruction? Great minds can do great things or unspeakable things, depending on how they allocate their demeanor. That nature is in us. If you're not deep into the ontological complex, there's no spiral. But, if you have gone that far into this void, it not only stares back at you - it falls back onto itself. Insanity is the result of your entire mental coordination being transformed into chaos, as a result of everything that you have become to this point falling back on itself. Just like a black hole.

Aristotle said, "There has not been a great mind without a touch of madness."

There's a possibility that our darker selves, are created by an ontological spiral that is the same nature as the spirals of the Universe, on a different scale. I suspect that spirals collapsing on themselves create electromagnetic collisions which induces silence. Because in this spiral, everything that was going forward, is now going backwards. What was sound, is now silence. What was light, is now darkness. What was form, is now formless. These spirals are the underside of the Universe, where in the dark side of the moon is beacon of hope.

If you do not lucid dream, a lot of this will not make sense to you. But if you travel deep enough into your collective consciousness, you'll come across a white gate of noise that you can not see, but feel tremendously. You do not pass through it; you snap through it, as if your entire collective self is shifting from one frequency to another. You are then going to find yourself in a realm where some call it the inner peace. I call it the equilibrium, where in no emotion exists. No motion exists. Everything is still. It's the calmest and still world you could ever imagine. There is only silence.

The spirals, I suspect, are creating a new beginning. This could be it. There's a possibility that nature's spirals are a birth to a new state of existence, and just like no peace is obtained without power; the spirals in storms, or the spirals causing our insanity, is the state of us and the world reaching a new state of being. Is it a war? Or is it more?"

---

As you have read, the spiral may be the eye of creation/destruction, and the process of taking failures and recreating them into new beginnings. An insane mind is constantly reshaping and recreating themselves without a settled self, so they will experience the spiral almost as much as they breathe, while people with personalities and settled lives will only experience the spiral once every major change in their life.

So this spiral forms like you see it on the symbol of healing back in the ancient days with the wings and the snakes. (You could just observe the DNA strand, instead.) That said, when it experiences heavy draw back, it falls back on itself, where all that tension and chemical reaction creates an ontological black hole that causes a transcendent phase which transforms you like the black hole transforms the Universe. That is why we call it, "changed into a new Man", when we "fall" and become "anew".

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
I love it when someone finds a random pattern out of the chaos that is life and then chooses to claim greatness, when it is only the insanity of the mind in a world without order that drives us to create patterns that ultimately show only how little "great minds" truly understand...

inb4 I get hit with an ad hominem

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I love it when someone finds a random pattern out of the chaos that is life and then chooses to claim greatness, when it is only the insanity of the mind in a world without order that drives us to create patterns that ultimately show only how little "great minds" truly understand...

I have often felt that true randomness is an illusion. With maybe one exception (the black hole) everything moves along space-time, trapped by it like a fly on fly paper (imagine the fly can still wiggle, it can still breath, but it cannot go anywhere, and image the fly paper is stuck on a moving truck, kinda thing. I know this is horribly unscientific, but it helps me to analyze scientific anomalies by translating them into analogies whenever possible. In other words since "the big bang" every spec of matter that ever was or will be, and indeed every bit of energy that ever was or will be, began moving outward from the epicenter of the "Explosion." As it moved outward each "piece" could be mapped to a 3-d grid with x/y/z axis and point of origin 0/0/0 with time index B+T where B is the actual "bang" and T being the time in elapsed since B occurred. And at each instance you can record the place and time of a location of something, you could trace it back to its original point of origin, indeed all things could be traced back to the original Origin if you had sensitive and dynamic enough equipment (which we're starting to, actually). If things were truly random, then each passing moment in space-time -could- turn out differently, and yet, due to our static nature as observers, we are only ever able to see the 1 space-time-line as it has progressed from the initial origin.

Lengthy aside, I know, but it's important for me to distinguish why I feel randomness doesn't really exist, and so therefore things like logarithmic spirals in nature are not random, but specific, indeed purposeful (read: not as in intelligent design) in that they are a byproduct of the laws of physics that were created when the big bang occurred. The question is why do these particular spirals occur in nature, why do animals somehow mimic the same patterns as weather phenomenon and even the behavior of entire galaxies - at the genetic level. Also we must question why aren't ALL galaxies spiral ones, and why are some galaxies spirals in appearance, but not necessarily logarithmic spirals. I believe exploring the nature of these concepts is important because we count also, we are part of the great fabric of space-time and we are just as "stuck" to it as everything else, so therefore we are just as destined to arrive at point x/y/z at time index B+T as the moon, the sun, or anything else in the known universe. (Again with the exception of black holes, I believe if anything can defy the self-made laws of the universe, it's the black hole).

Now this whole trying to tie spirals in with sanity, eh... I can't really go there yet. To me the best representation of this idea was a 90's album by NIN, lol. And really it's just a metaphor, indeed most if not all references to emotions and sanity regarding spirals is really just a metaphor, like: "circling the drain" and so forth. People go towards "rock bottom" upon which they can only go back up, or sideways. But still this is only a matter of perspective. It's a saying, in other words, it's not based in any real world applicable design, and it never was. So to try and work backwards from that is going to lead ultimately no where, because it came from no where to begin with. I do however propose that humans and spirals are interlinked. Just because the nautilus has obvious spiral properties, does not mean that there are not less obvious properties in other species and one of these properties could indeed be hidden with the mind itself. After all, we think, therefore we are, right? Thy physics behind the formation of spirals in nature may indeed affect the human brain, perhaps the same way magnetic fields of Earth affect animals, such as birds (who through evolution have been able to naturally detect such fields so they can always fly south/north).

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice

How interesting. You accuse me of seeing things that aren't there, while you brush off an incredible theory (which I can prove), with nothing yourself.

I am well aware of people being able to make up things that do not exist by staring into the abyss. You don't have to see it, yourself; but what I am staring into is a future that is marked by very distant paradigms that took a lot of pondering and perseverance - so much, that after years of breaking down this Universe (yes, this isn't the first time I broke down the Universe, and was correct about it), I just now came across this theory.

I can tell you exactly what two pieces of the puzzle I will be using to solve the mystery between spirals and black holes:

A. My theories on there being silence in the center of the spiral, is linked to soundless nature inside the eye of a tornado.

B. I have already discovered a pattern in two types of people - one is always changing, the other rarely changes - to demonstrate how the spiral's behavior in the Universe can be found inside our minds, psychically.

I have everything I need to break down this Universe further (it's easy when you realize everything we are is the Universe's design; since we are experiencing it and can analyze, assess and demonstrate it.). To explain why spirals and black holes exist through human behavior, because I know, feel and have always realized that our behavior is the Universe's behavior, on a smaller scale, in a different form.

As above, so below; from form, to faculty; to, and fro; this is our reality.

What have you done, friend? Nothing. That is why you ridiculed me, instead of reasoned with me. You had to say something - you just didn't have anything, so you used me as a scapegoat by deconstructing this intellectual stimulation. Like destroying another's creation because you don't have one of your own.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
with nothing yourself
That's the point?

HappyHouseSpider said:
That is why you ridiculed me, instead of reasoned with me. You had to say something - you just didn't have anything, so you used me as a scapegoat by deconstructing this intellectual stimulation. Like destroying another's creation because you don't have one of your own.
Called it - ad-hom.

Or are you one who has broken the linearity of time?

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
That's the point?

Called it - ad-hom.

Or are you one who has broken the linearity of time?
If you call that an ad hominem, then you're hopeless.

Instead of looking for emotion, why not look for evidence? I have the evidence, but if you refuse to apply any thought into it, just trite, you have picked the wrong person to condescend.

Think, what does the fibonacci sequence explain?

Why does my theory of silence and spirals align with the nature existing within the eye of a tornado?

Why can I demonstrate patterns in people to explain the existence of the spiral's nature within people's minds?

Why was I already realizing there was a connection between the planet body and the human body, before I discovered Tesla had already proven that the planet and our entire biological system is working on the same frequency? By then, you know you're not the fool and the "nothing-seeker", people make you out to be.

If I am such a flatulent fellow, Thor. Why can I wake up from my bed, and make ingenious discoveries with my brain alone - to then research it and figure out I was 100% correct, if not expansive on what was already written?

You can end your bully tactics, to start using your brain. I have already succeeded and astounded professors.

It's your turn to build a sand castle - not attempt to destroy mine, as if that is proving anything.

You make this about me - now make this about yourself - if you dare. When you do, I'll be sure to watch you evaporate; for I already know you're all gas and chemical.

As long as you burn inside; everything you do and say will crash and burn.

---

By the way Thor, on a personal note, I'm very familiar with people like you. I'm very familiar with this society and how it doesn't enjoy specially crafted minds, which is why children with IQ levels above Einstein's are held back by the principle and sent to special ED class. Why? Because the principle and everyone in that god forsaken building are the real idiots. The question is, do you want to be like them? Or do you want to be honest with yourself, and accept the possibility that a man that thinks more than they breathe understands this Universe more than you do?

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
If you call that an ad hominem, then you're hopeless.
I call it an ad hominem because you dismiss my argument by attacking why I made the argument, an attack to the person, but not the argument itself. You attack me for making the argument, but not the argument, via your last paragraph. "Because Thor thinks X, his argument is invalid." Ad-hominem to the letter.

If you can't call that an ad hominem, then you're hopeless.

HappyHouseSpider said:
I'm very familiar with people like you. I'm very familiar with this society and how it doesn't enjoy specially crafted minds, which is why children with IQ levels above Einstein's are held back by the principle and sent to special ED class.
First, you can put your damn boxes away - I don't fit them, and you're wasting your time to try.

I'm also familiar with how society doesn't enjoy specially crafted minds - I am one of them, like it or not. I was in the gifted classes instead of special education eventually [you also a Mensan?], although they never moved me fast enough, and some attempted to tie me to regular classes as well, though I never scored poor enough on placement exams to be in special education classes.

HappyHouseSpider said:
Because the principle and everyone in that god forsaken building are the real idiots.
For all your "genius" you can't distinguish between "principal," a person who's in charge of a school, and "principle," a concept?

You have also made a massive generalization - many principals are fine, caring people - maybe not at your schools, but elsewhere they do want the best for the kids.

Or else you need to explain to me what principle you've personified to be an idiot, since idiocy is a human characteristic and a principle is a concept, and not human.

HappyHouseSpider said:
Or do you want to be honest with yourself, and accept the possibility that a man that thinks more than they breathe understands this Universe more than you do?
I'm full well prepared to accept that others understand the universe more than me. But they go to posit their theories with full explanations in scientific journals and look to publish with the rest of academia, for a full explanation and the ability to test it should be sufficient for any scientist, not publishing half-explained theories on SWF.

Or perhaps you'd like to show me where others have verified your genius?

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I call it an ad hominem because you dismiss my argument by attacking why I made the argument, an attack to the person, but not the argument itself. You attack me for making the argument, but not the argument, via your last paragraph. "Because Thor thinks X, his argument is invalid." Ad-hominem to the letter.

If you can't call that an ad hominem, then you're hopeless.
I used ad hominems in my last response, to give you an idea of the difference between throwing irrelevance at you out of stress relieving, and calling you out for attempting to make everything I do here appear pointless and meaningless because YOU want to be that one kid that walks into a museum and assume they know better than every artist.

First, you can put your damn boxes away - I don't fit them, and you're wasting your time to try.

I'm also familiar with how society doesn't enjoy specially crafted minds - I am one of them, like it or not. I was in the gifted classes instead of special education eventually [you also a Mensan?], although they never moved me fast enough, and some attempted to tie me to regular classes as well, though I never scored poor enough on placement exams to be in special education classes.
You're telling me, right now, that you are a specially crafted mind? After the first thing you did was respond with an accusation and a lot of insults that were backed up by your, err... angst? You showed 0 evidence of reasoning and dealing with my theory, to then criticize me. You came in, looked at it, to then try to pull stuff out of your smoke and mirrors. That is not a specially crafted mind.

For all your "genius" you can't distinguish between "principal," a person who's in charge of a school, and "principle," a concept?

You have also made a massive generalization - many principals are fine, caring people - maybe not at your schools, but elsewhere they do want the best for the kids.

Or else you need to explain to me what principle you've personified to be an idiot, since idiocy is a human characteristic and a principle is a concept, and not human.
Oh my, a typo. I am man enough to accept that. How about yourself?

Your emotional hyperbole amuses me. Anyone that supports the school system is exactly the opposite for the well-being of our children.

Ignorance is a human characteristic - stupidity is not.

I'm full well prepared to accept that others understand the universe more than me. But they go to posit their theories with full explanations in scientific journals and look to publish with the rest of academia, for a full explanation and the ability to test it should be sufficient for any scientist, not publishing half-explained theories on SWF.

Or perhaps you'd like to show me where others have verified your genius?
You used "scientific journals", when Tesla, himself, a man more brilliant than Einstein, warned scientists that if they were to consider the non-physical aspects of this world, they would make more progression in a decade than they have this entire time Science has existed. Therefore you're full of it, and do not know the importance of philosophy and how it is the father of Science; that the school system was designed by sociopaths for money, and control, just like the wedding system; that there is a difference between stupidity and ignorance.

Back in the days of Plato, these great minds did not need "evidence" and "paper work" to make connections. Don't kid yourself, Thor - you're already one.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
I used ad hominems in my last response, to give you an idea the difference between throwing irrelevance at you out of stress relieving, and calling you out for attempting to make everything I do here appear pointless and meaningless because YOU want to be that one kid that walks into a museum and assume they know better than every artist.
Nope nope nope nope. Boxing me again. Nice try though. It'd help if you linked us to something actually helpful, like the image itself, instead of some random blog about not getting accounts shut down.

HappyHouseSpider said:
You're telling me, right now, that you are a specially crafted mind? After the first thing you did was respond with an accusation and a lot of insults that were backed up by your, err... angst? You showed 0 evidence of reasoning and dealing with my theory, to then to criticize me. You came in, looked at it, to then try to pull stuff out of your smoke and mirrors. That is not a specially crafted mind.
Oh, my mind's specially crafted. You're like the others thought - you don't like how it's been crafted.

Or else you're going to have to tell me when you got the unilateral ultimate and exclusive rights to narrow the meaning of "specially", because last I checked, "specially crafted" can mean a WIDE variety of things.

I "show" zero reasoning because your theory makes no sense, especially when I can't even see this image I'm supposed to see to help. My reasoning is also empirical - the more people claim to know, the more I can say we know nothing, regardless of the laws we claim to understand.

And there wasn't smoke and mirrors, except on your end - your entire first post is smoke and mirrors, "I left out some parts " to confound people who can't access the image either.

You also conveniently don't deal with my original point.

HappyHouseSpider said:
Your emotional hyperbole amuses me. Anyone that supports the school system is exactly the opposite for the well-being of our children.
Ignorance is a human characteristic - stupidity is not.
...I laughed. Then I realized you might be serious and I started to get really scared.

HappyHouseSpider said:
I have already succeeded and astounded professors.
You've astounded professors? Want to tell me who, so I can read about them and see with whom you've discussed your ideas? I'm curious.

HappyHouseSpider said:
You used "scientific journals", when Tesla, himself, a man more brilliant than Einstein, warned scientists that if they were to consider the non-physical aspects of this world, they would make more progression in a decade than they have this entire time Science has existed. Therefore you're full of it, and do not know the importance of philosophy and how it is the father of Science; that the school system was designed by sociopaths for money, and control, just like the wedding system; that there is a difference between stupidity and ignorance.
1. If you have "proof" you should be able to give it to scientific journals and let the world know of what you've done.

2. Using scientific journals => I'm full of it? a.) full of what? b.) I can't enthymeme this out - explain your logic, or lack thereof?

3. This whole thing has been philosophical? Hm.... I may need to dig around for some other thoughts then...

4. School system designed by sociopaths for money and control? Enlighten me, because I don't see it.

So you remain entrapped by time too then?

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Nope nope nope nope. Boxing me again. Nice try though. It'd help if you linked us to something actually helpful, like the image itself, instead of some random blog about not getting accounts shut down.
http://insanctuary.newgrounds.com/news/ It's right there, in the third column. "Some thoughts I have." Do you know how to browse?

Oh, my mind's specially crafted. You're like the others thought - you don't like how it's been crafted.
A. You don't know the history between philosophy and science.

B. You don't know the differences between idiocy and ignorance.

C. You don't know that children don't need strangers that practice cookie-cut subjects to teach them, when Plato and other great minds tremendously shut down every academic practice with one sentence alone.

D. You don't know the real history behind governmental establishments.

E. You don't even see the common sense behind any of it - thus your brain is not specially crafted. Glue and popsicle sticks is not an example.

I "show" zero reasoning because your theory makes no sense, especially when I can't even see this image I'm supposed to see to help. My reasoning is also empirical - the more people claim to know, the more I can say we know nothing, regardless of the laws we claim to understand.
Funny, because I just imagined you sitting at the desk of this well-needed governmental business called "school", telling your teacher that this math problem makes no sense, and you have no reason to give them any sense of your own because of it.

And there wasn't smoke and mirrors, except on your end - your entire first post is smoke and mirrors, "I left out some parts " to confound people who can't access the image either.

You also conveniently don't deal with my original point.
Smoke and mirrors, is nothing. You already admitted to having nothing, so end it before you dig this hole any deeper.

You've astounded professors? Want to tell me who, so I can read about them and see with whom you've discussed your ideas? I'm curious.
Walk into a college campus, find some professors, and render them speechless. Come back to me; admit to one of the two things: A. Your school system is a joke, and any sort of encouragement is all sorts of idiocy revealed, or B. There's a possibility I'm genuine, and you are not. That I understand so much, that I can shut down college professors effortlessly, or you.

1. If you have "proof" you should be able to give it to scientific journals and let the world know of what you've done.

2. Using scientific journals => I'm full of it? a.) full of what? b.) I can't enthymeme this out - explain your logic, or lack thereof?

3. This whole thing has been philosophical? Hm.... I may need to dig around for some other thoughts then...

4. School system designed by sociopaths for money and control? Enlighten me, because I don't see it.

So you remain entrapped by time too then?
You don't give "proof" to children, just like you don't hand encylopedias to children. That's only for defined brains, not unrefined brains.

Still fishing for "proof", when your consensus is "show nothing, while thyself does not comprehend"? Where's your mea culpa, Thor? I gave you enough - all the connections one could ever dream of, while holding back others; you just don't have the intellectual capacity, nor the attention span to make those same connections; and it's not because you're crafted differently - it's because you're full of yourself.

This is the way Science should have been. This is philosophy, psychology and science, together.

The fact that you don't see it, is the reason why you do not see my theory.

---

Why do you think my theories are nothing? Go on, tell the world. I will foretell your assertions, and say that your response to this will also be a red herring that equals, "i dun understand, therefore nothing".

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
http://insanctuary.newgrounds.com/news/ It's right there, in the third column. "Some thoughts I have." Do you know how to browse?
If control+F was not a thing, then no. Found it. But I've stopped caring because you aren't worth my time. You can be grateful I found the time to type past this.

HappyHouseSpider said:
A. You don't know the history between philosophy and science.
B. You don't know the differences between idiocy and ignorance.
C. You don't know that children don't need strangers that practice cookie-cut subjects to teach them, when Plato and other great minds tremendously shut down every academic practice with one sentence alone.
D. You don't know the real history behind governmental establishments.
E. You don't even see the common sense behind any of it - thus your brain is not specially crafted. Glue and popsicle sticks is not an example.
A. You've conceded my point entirely, that is, I am built differently, and therefore, specially crafted.

B. None of this disproves that my brain is not specially crafted - the last point may address it, but my point is that my brain is far from standard, whether it's your brand of special or another's - I operate differently than others, therefore my brain is specially crafted.

C. If you want to disprove either of these points, I'll need those property rights to the term shown to me so I can see that you've made the ridiculously arbitrary term "special" more specific, or else my brain is indeed just as special - which it certainly would seem to be, given that countless others have told me that, mostly because they are at a loss as to understanding how I do things or why I do them. Even you fail to understand what I thought was a seemingly obvious statement, and post all sorts of irrelevant statements to disprove it.

D. You claim at least 3, and I'd argue 4, things that are entirely history-based, and therefore learned, not innate - which are TERRIBLE standards for determining a special versus ordinary mind [assuming we even know what that means - the cart's been put before the horse here], because anyone could learn those things and call themselves "specially crafted minds" when they don't have anything to do with how one's brain is actually put together.

E. Philosophy = ideas science decided to put to the test - ex. the elements, beliefs in what happens to the human body after death, etc.

F. I've asked for information that you've denied me. The fault of ignorance then rests squarely on you, because you have information and made a conscious effort not to share it.

G. Enlighten me as to point C.

HappyHouseSpider said:
[Funny, because I just imagined you sitting at the desk of this well-needed governmental business called "school", telling your teacher that this math problem makes no sense, and you have no reason to give them any sense of your own because of it.
Nope. See, the teacher TEACHES, and will illuminate the way, giving guidance when one needs it. You sit up on your pedestal and laugh at those who might ask for help even in your initial post, which is why I never bothered to ask - I didn't feel like taking your disdain and condescending words without at least provoking them via some other avenue.

HappyHouseSpider said:
Walk into a college campus, find some professors, and render them speechless. Come back to me; admit to one of the two things: A. Your school system is a joke, and any sort of encouragement is all sorts of idiocy revealed, or B. There's a possibility I'm genuine, and you are not. That I understand so much, that I can shut down college professors effortlessly, or you.
So you lie. As I figured.

HappyHouseSpider said:
You don't give "proof" to children, just like you don't hand encylopedias to children. That's only for defined brains, not unrefined brains.
Still fishing for "proof", when your consensus is "show nothing, while thyself does not comprehend"? Where's your mea culpa, Thor? I gave you enough - all the connections one could ever dream of, while holding back others; you just don't have the intellectual capacity, nor the attention span to make those same connections; and it's not because you're crafted differently - it's because you're full of yourself.
This is the way Science should have been. This is philosophy, psychology and science, together.
The fact that you don't see it, is the reason why you do not see my theory.
---
Why do you think my theories are nothing? Go on, tell the world. I will foretell your assertions, and say that your response to this will also be a red herring that equals, "i dun understand, therefore nothing".
Actually, I would hand an encyclopedia to a child. At the very least more proof that I am "specially crafted" because I believe in giving knowledge to those who seek it, regardless of their capacity to attain it without me. But more to the matter, if someone seeks knowledge, of anything, give it.

I don't know why you ask for my apology, given that your initial post was full of hubris enough to turn everyone else who has read this thread off to anything you actually say. You are the only one here who need offer a mea culpa if you ever hope for this theory to make it beyond anywhere you spam it on the interwebs.

Science should have been? Don't make me laugh. Science is about sharing, trying to better the world for all, not gloating and shouting "neener neener" at people who don't see things as you do. I'm looking for something along the lines of "If I have seen further than any other, it is only because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." Scientists shouldn't make each other reinvent the light bulb - they should give freely to help all.

I've already told you why I think your theories are nothing.

And I don't have to buy into your "the school system is a lie" to know it's a non-falsifiable assertion you've posted, and nothing more. You claim to know "the real truth" but refuse to give it out - you're selfish.

And tell me why the school system is a lie, or what Plato said, or the rest of your proof - you're none too eager to do so, and I can't figure out why, unless you simply make statements you hope no one will call you out on.

HappyHouseSpider said:
Smoke and mirrors, is nothing. You already admitted to having nothing, so end it before you dig this hole any deeper.
And yet you never deny that you, also, have nothing.

And how could there be a hole, when, so say you, there was nothing there to begin with? We must have something to remove to make a hole...

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
If control+F was not a thing, then no. Found it. But I've stopped caring because you aren't worth my time. You can be grateful I found the time to type past this.

A. You've conceded my point entirely, that is, I am built differently, and therefore, specially crafted.

B. None of this disproves that my brain is not specially crafted - the last point may address it, but my point is that my brain is far from standard, whether it's your brand of special or another's - I operate differently than others, therefore my brain is specially crafted.

C. If you want to disprove either of these points, I'll need those property rights to the term shown to me so I can see that you've made the ridiculously arbitrary term "special" more specific, or else my brain is indeed just as special - which it certainly would seem to be, given that countless others have told me that, mostly because they are at a loss as to understanding how I do things or why I do them. Even you fail to understand what I thought was a seemingly obvious statement, and post all sorts of irrelevant statements to disprove it.

D. You claim at least 3, and I'd argue 4, things that are entirely history-based, and therefore learned, not innate - which are TERRIBLE standards for determining a special versus ordinary mind [assuming we even know what that means - the cart's been put before the horse here], because anyone could learn those things and call themselves "specially crafted minds" when they don't have anything to do with how one's brain is actually put together.

E. Philosophy = ideas science decided to put to the test - ex. the elements, beliefs in what happens to the human body after death, etc.

F. I've asked for information that you've denied me. The fault of ignorance then rests squarely on you, because you have information and made a conscious effort not to share it.

G. Enlighten me as to point C.

Nope. See, the teacher TEACHES, and will illuminate the way, giving guidance when one needs it. You sit up on your pedestal and laugh at those who might ask for help even in your initial post, which is why I never bothered to ask - I didn't feel like taking your disdain and condescending words without at least provoking them via some other avenue.

So you lie. As I figured.

Actually, I would hand an encyclopedia to a child. At the very least more proof that I am "specially crafted" because I believe in giving knowledge to those who seek it, regardless of their capacity to attain it without me. But more to the matter, if someone seeks knowledge, of anything, give it.

I don't know why you ask for my apology, given that your initial post was full of hubris enough to turn everyone else who has read this thread off to anything you actually say. You are the only one here who need offer a mea culpa if you ever hope for this theory to make it beyond anywhere you spam it on the interwebs.

Science should have been? Don't make me laugh. Science is about sharing, trying to better the world for all, not gloating and shouting "neener neener" at people who don't see things as you do. I'm looking for something along the lines of "If I have seen further than any other, it is only because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." Scientists shouldn't make each other reinvent the light bulb - they should give freely to help all.

I've already told you why I think your theories are nothing.

And I don't have to buy into your "the school system is a lie" to know it's a non-falsifiable assertion you've posted, and nothing more. You claim to know "the real truth" but refuse to give it out - you're selfish.

And tell me why the school system is a lie, or what Plato said, or the rest of your proof - you're none too eager to do so, and I can't figure out why, unless you simply make statements you hope no one will call you out on.

And yet you never deny that you, also, have nothing.

And how could there be a hole, when, so say you, there was nothing there to begin with? We must have something to remove to make a hole...
If you can't understand them, undertake them.

This post of yours contains nothing except red herrings, ad hominems, condescension, a sense of arrogance, I am the victim's, I am the better one's, semantics, tautologies, straw mans, complicating, overextending, underestimating, little to no relevance to the actual premise I put up for debate.

I see no spirals, no silence, no human psychology, no worldly understanding, no planets, no stars, no fibonacci sequence, no relation, no pattern, to anything you responded with just now. All I see is "me, me, me".

I'm not going to let you pretend over-complicating the simple premise means you've won this. Direct yourself to my argument at hand, the one where I prove that the behavior of spirals and human behavior is linked - otherwise, you have forfeited this completely.

I'll just leave you with this. You, Thor, think that schools elucidate, while the greatest minds of our time have all dropped out of school. We are our own teachers.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
the greatest minds of our time have all dropped out of school
...Stephen Hawking never dropped out of school.

And "We are our own teachers."? Then why the hell are you (unspecifically) quoting Plato? Or did you learn from someone, but refuse to pass it on?

You take from others what was never yours, since we all must teach ourselves, and then don't share it? I said it before, I'll say it again. Selfish and a liar.

You also still have put up a bunch of non-falsifiable claims, and have refused to back some (or all) of them up. So it's going to take me some time to look at your claim again, because I have to separate what you've put out with some variant of conjecture/proof from the straight bull****. But I'll reread it - benefit of the doubt lays with you, despite how this has gone.

If you want to respond, fine, otherwise, I'll double-post [i.e., another post] after I've looked at the OP and this image that took forever to find more closely.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
...Stephen Hawking never dropped out of school.

And "We are our own teachers."? Then why the hell are you (unspecifically) quoting Plato? Or did you learn from someone, but refuse to pass it on?

You take from others what was never yours, since we all must teach ourselves, and then don't share it? I said it before, I'll say it again. Selfish and a liar.

You also still have put up a bunch of non-falsifiable claims, and have refused to back some (or all) of them up. So it's going to take me some time to look at your claim again, because I have to separate what you've put out with some variant of conjecture/proof from the straight bull****. But I'll reread it - benefit of the doubt lays with you, despite how this has gone.

If you want to respond, fine, otherwise, I'll double-post [i.e., another post] after I've looked at the OP and this image that took forever to find more closely.
Stephen Hawking is close-minded, too. Very far scientifically, but can't say the same emotionally. The man let go of that enthusiasm.

I am not quoting Plato, I am referring to Plato. I haven't used any quotes of his, yet.

Look at the second half; you admit to not knowing what you're dealing with, but seem to have no problem calling my theories out as falsifiable or straight bull in the first half.

The contradictions are making me so hot right now. Lay out your argument about my theories. I want to see some intellectual stimulation. Fibonacci sequence. Space. Spirals. Silence. Human psychology. Worldly paradigms. Philosophy. Patterns. Give them to me.

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
Look at the second half; you admit to not knowing what you're dealing with, but seem to have no problem calling my theories out as falsifiable or straight bull in the first half.
Hawking hasn't really let go of his enthusiasm, just re-directed it.

The fact that you refer to Plato means you still learned from him, or whatever ("a single sentence"). Poh-tay-toe, Poh-tah-toe.

And the fact that you refer to those you learn from, while refusing to teach/calling everyone their own teachers, and attack the school system, is where I admit I have no idea who I'm dealing with.

And given that you have zero proof, but deny all assaults on the idea, it functions as non-falsifiable/bull. Which is what I was originally referring to, not the expansion to the entirety of the work (though it does call into question the value of the OP, but I'll assume those are separate).

I'm not a huge believer in patterns... after all, 2,4,6,8,3 is part of a few different series one can construct...

But I guess... it's time to look at spirals.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
oh my, this thread got heated. have some milk and cookies fellas.

nah but yeah, so... interesting correlation, school and marriage. spider sees them both as constructs by powerful people ergo rich people as a means to keep the common folks common and in a support position for their benefit.

Marriage: I tend to think marriage IS a business partnership of sorts. I also believe, at least in America, that the "Family Unit" (a man, a woman, and children) is something that Republicans fancy themselves as having preserved or are at least trying too, because they believe this is the most effective way to sustain the country. So, I can see how one could scoff at marriage with a capital M. Republicans suck.

School: well for years women couldn't even go to school. It's changed somewhat over the years, but I do understand the notion that school is kinda like prison, where the weak are made submissive, where gangs are formed (called cliques) and where the teachers are really just baby sitters so the parents can go out into the world and work for a living. And hopefully during the 12 or so years in this ... institution ... you can come out "educated" (though America falls dangerously low on the charts when compared to other nations). No child left behind was a huge mistake. There's far too few "good" schools where students are truly nurtured, and instead are just cranked out ready to go into the corporate trap called college (ha! that's right, 100k for 4 years of tuition and I still am working retail. Go figure. Thank god I got a scholarship, right? ...).

The argument over which minds are great: WTF though, all kidding aside I can't stand to see two intelligent people waste so much space on this board going back and forth over the same inane concept. But to be fair: here's some sources that everyone can appreciate who is scientific in nature, and who are even philosophical, and this should also put the burden of proof issue to rest, and allow the actual discussion to take place, cause right now it's all just "you say you're smart but you're not." "Well I say I'm smart and YOU'RE not!" ...

I will admit that these three sources are really the only sources I've look at in this discussion myself, but this being the Debate Hall, it's basically a must for any thread to not end up locked, that some format be followed, and so the questions posited we have the "evidence" to support a worthy discussion.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Hawking hasn't really let go of his enthusiasm, just re-directed it.

The fact that you refer to Plato means you still learned from him, or whatever ("a single sentence"). Poh-tay-toe, Poh-tah-toe.

And the fact that you refer to those you learn from, while refusing to teach/calling everyone their own teachers, and attack the school system, is where I admit I have no idea who I'm dealing with.

And given that you have zero proof, but deny all assaults on the idea, it functions as non-falsifiable/bull. Which is what I was originally referring to, not the expansion to the entirety of the work (though it does call into question the value of the OP, but I'll assume those are separate).

I'm not a huge believer in patterns... after all, 2,4,6,8,3 is part of a few different series one can construct...

But I guess... it's time to look at spirals.
Hawking is full of stress and anger. You call that enthusiasm? The man's a human green house.

No, reference does not imply inference.

The best teacher, is the best student.

I have zero proof? Alright. Then explain to me why I can wake up in the morning, apply some thoughts into some notions, make amazing connections from it, get up, onto the computer, to research my curiosity, which renders me not only correct on my analysis, but expansive. That appears to me that my brain is on the right track. It's not every day you come across someone tying the Universe to human behavior.

The patterns are like numbers. The distinction does not exist, but the action it proposes demonstrates a very real phenomenon.

The argument over which minds are great: WTF though, all kidding aside I can't stand to see two intelligent people waste so much space on this board going back and forth over the same inane concept. But to be fair: here's some sources that everyone can appreciate who is scientific in nature, and who are even philosophical, and this should also put the burden of proof issue to rest, and allow the actual discussion to take place, cause right now it's all just "you say you're smart but you're not." "Well I say I'm smart and YOU'RE not!" ...

I will admit that these three sources are really the only sources I've look at in this discussion myself, but this being the Debate Hall, it's basically a must for any thread to not end up locked, that some format be followed, and so the questions posited we have the "evidence" to support a worthy discussion.

I have a principle, which allows me to justify the "No, no. I am the one who has a better understanding here." Notice how I am very mutual and do not under-extend the potential of my standing, so to give anyone room to breathe themselves, while also giving them an incentive to burn up in the atmosphere to reveal their true identity, instead of this comfortable, non-stimulated one-dimensional compartment of chemicals.

As for the spirals, what do you think of the connection between the eye of the tornado and that of how a black hole behaves?

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
HappyHouseSpider said:
I have zero proof?
I said you have zero proof of your explanation of the school system, and of your ability to be the sole determinant and definer of a specially crafted mind. I'm also not terribly convinced you're right about marriage either, or some other stuff.

Hawking's still a genius - stress and anger do not unmake one's genius, they may simply obscure it. And he knows the connection you talk about so much between science and philosophy, he merely believes it has been changed over time.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I said you have zero proof of your explanation of the school system, and of your ability to be the sole determinant and definer of a specially crafted mind. I'm also not terribly convinced you're right about marriage either, or some other stuff.

Hawking's still a genius - stress and anger do not unmake one's genius, they may simply obscure it. And he knows the connection you talk about so much between science and philosophy, he merely believes it has been changed over time.
Did you just say Hawking does philosophy, Thor?

Thor

Smash Champion
HapyHouseSpider said:
Did you just say Hawking does philosophy, Thor?
No. I said

he knows the connection you talk about so much between science and philosophy
He believes science has the means to answer philosophical questions and problems as a way of understanding our place in the universe.

That said, he doesn't think philosophy has kept up with science, hence his statement "philosophy is dead." But he acknowledges there is [has been] this connection, which is all I said to begin with. The "changed over time" is, again, him thinking it has fallen behind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom