• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only thing that interested me while I had access was discovery channel. Mythbusters and that was pretty much it.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not that I don't watch tv.

It's that I torrent all the tv shows I want to watch.

I need to do this for How I Met Your Mother.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, most people won't like buffy.
It has a very slim targeted audience.

I'm the one that got Zajice addicted to How I Met Your Mother Though. :awesome:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i can suddenly see the problem with being a european on the pony thread. i go to bed, make up and about 20 pages have gone overnight
so for my greeting again. hi all. ive immigrated here from the /b/ threads. fluttershy is best.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hi Golden-Psyco. Welcome to the SWF Pony thread.

On the topic of other television shows, I used to watch a lot of X-Files and TNG, amongst other popular shows that everybody is familiar with. I stopped watching TV regularly a long time ago, though; movies and animated shorts kind of took TV's place for me.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm getting a new laptop tomorrow. The one I've been using for the past five years is borderline unusable now; I'm still a little hesitant to make the transition, but I figure that I really need to stop using an ancient, broken Dell running XP.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I still use an XP that I've had for nearly 7 years now from time to time.
But I know what you mean. The poor thing is only a fraction of what it once was. ;-;

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Was going to bed, saw my Celestia background and thought to look up a couple of pics after realizing how much I liked Celestia's design.

40 pages later...

x)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A meme war on Ponibooru again... Joy

Also I can't remember the votes but it's currently...

Top 3?
3 For Puppy Eye'd Dot Pinkie
2 For Blue Sketch Angry Pinkie
2 For Sigma Cupcakes Pinkie... (I voted for this)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well to be honest, im still using a crappy e-system computer i got 7 years ago, and it was obselete even back then!
still, it refuses to break, so i cant really get rid of it. i might have to replace it when i move out though...
also: hi all that greet me ^^
its likely i will post a lot, im always on swf XD

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I never watched TV much myself. I was convinced by some friends to try Dexter and Doctor Who, both of which I really enjoy. I watched the first 4 seasons of Dexter in one week.

Oh and hi, Golden! Nice to meet you.

vZakat

Half Genie
I don't watch tv as much as I used to. But I guess I watch a decent amount. I watch a lot of cartoons mostly. I also watch some anime. I'm still trying to catch up on one piece. I'm at 300 now.

I got my computer 5 years a go and it was bare minimums when I got it. I didn't know it didn't have enough ram to run windows and thus it was horrifically slow. I've since upgraded it now. Why do they sell computers that don't have enough ram to run the operating system it comes with?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whenever I can, I watch MLP on the big screen at my friend's place when it comes on. I'm not currently subscribed to The Hub on my plan. Trying to get mom to consider it. I normally watch Sciences or Discovery Channel. truTV, History Channel, Spike, Comedy Central, and Animal Planet occasionally. Other than that, it's just whatever's on for me; I don't watch much TV.

john!

Smash Hero
i have a 3 year old laptop that runs xp. what's even worse is my phone. i am the only person i know who doesn't have a smartphone. it's a crappy blue flip phone that is 5 years old and lags every time i do anything... :c

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, you have a phone, John. :c My mom has an HTC Android, older Sister has an HTC Prevail (?), younger sister has hand-me-downs from mom. I never really gave impression that I wanted a phone. I don't think I'd use it a lot, honestly, although I can't say that 100% until I get one. May blow it up, who knows.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
hmm electronics now?

television: if i have a free tv while playing games, CN, Food Network, Discovery, Spike, HGTV, Nick, Fox, NBC, Comedy, or Disney dependent, but I don't really pay attention to watching

phone: flip phone for several years til i recently got an android-based phone, which ED posted a release of an android app FiM Soundboard, but it's still beta, small, with a few broken sound files

computer: vistas and XPs, have not yet to try 7

john!

Smash Hero
lol phantom. i know complaining about a bad phone is a "first world problem" so to speak. i just really need a new phone one of these days.

oh yeah and i forgot to write up my LIFE STORY, so here it is:

in elementary school i was a bit nerdy, and somewhat shy since i skipped kindergarten and was younger than everyone else in my grade. but i did make friends, and keep in touch with most of them today. can't really remember much from this phase of my life.

middle school completely sucked. i was viewed as a huge nerd (and i kind of was despite the fact that i played two sports and got terrible grades) and the teachers were clueless. i was in this "gifted student program" which actually had a lot of morons in it. the only difference between us and normal students was that we got more homework, and we had the same 3 teachers for 3 years. one of them was kind of a *****, and i hated authority in general which didn't help. my parents took me to a lot of psychologists because they were convinced that i had a mental problem. i got diagnosed with add, adhd, ocd, asperger's, autism, you name it (the state of modern child psychiatry is really really sad lol). i had to go to meetings once a week with a few kids who genuinely had mental disorders/were mentally ********. it sucked.

i was given the option to go to a catholic private high school and took it. it was far, far better than middle school. i didn't know anyone at first, but ended up making a group of friends due to the fact that i did tons of extracurriculars (tennis, math team, bowling club, 3 different bands, etc.). still shy, still a bit nerdy; my personality hasn't really changed much since middle school, but it's not public school so people are smarter and more accepting overall. i managed to get tons of college credits, 35 on the act, and a date for senior prom, so overall i'd say high school was a success. except for the fact that i never got a date with my longtime high school crush, but that story is for another post (it could be a longer post than this one lol). in retrospect she was a lot like fluttershy.

some the **** how i got admitted to uw madison, despite the fact that my high school gpa was < 80/100. i don't think they actually received my high school transcript (they asked me to resend it in late april), and admitted me based on test scores/essays/coin toss/however they do it. i started as an engineering major, but switched to computer science after failing my first engineering physics course. i actually am getting better grades than middle/high school, around a b average. around the first year of college i began solidifying my overall worldview, which i'll leave for another post.

finding a job has sucked due to the fact that the economy is in the toilet and i have had no prior work experience. once again i managed to luck out though; this summer i am an intern at a financial company (one of the 50 largest companies in the US i believe) and i write software for a lot of rich people who made huge profits off the stock market. i have no idea how i landed such a great job , but no complaints here. although i make a great salary now, i can't imagine doing this for a year or more. i have one year of school left before i have to face the big bad cold dark world, so i'm still deciding what i want to do with my life. but who isn't?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it shows i have lots of time as i read all of that

i should post my own version, im going to tl;dr it though

primary school 1 (4-7): average, constantly ill, barely spent any time in school and therefore was short on friends. those i had moved away. none left by the end, changed schools.

primary school 2 (8-10): still shy. still off a lot. eventually got my constant illness fixed when i was 9. turns out my tonsils were decomposing since birth. started doing sports. stopped shortly afterwards as i was always terrible at it

high school (11-15): bullied relentlessly, classed as almost-deaf by doctors which made 90% of classes nigh impossible to follow. stood up to bully finally age 13, went insane, broke many bones and put within an inch of death. referred to youth isolation unit for gbh. never see him again. go back to school months later, hav slightly better social life, but only 'friends' are those who are rejected by everyone else in school. friend zoned hard by the girl of my dreams at the time. didn't go to the prom, second biggest regret of my life thus far. was always 'that psycho kid'. somehow scraped through courses despite not understanding what was being said properly

college (16-17): life improved greatly, massive length of biking to get to college causes me to lose weight, gain real friends and thus greatly overcome large veil of shyness and cynicism. discover my innate durability as i come off with no damage when gettinng hit by cars on teh way to college. truly fell in lvoe with a girl in chemistry. never asked her out in the 2 years i knew her, biggest regret ever. begin to fall behind in grades as natural ability cant take me any further. found the smash scene at the start of college life and meet my greatest friends. classed as heavily dyspraxic after it no longer matters, shows through with the sheer amount of mistakes in my smashing

now (17): quitting college and loking for a serious full time job. having no real trouble as of yet since ive been employed since age 8 (not entirely legally, but money is money) and in a pseudo relationship with a smashers sister.

not sure if this is depressing or not...hmm

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hmm, school progress stuff?
I think I'll write mine when I get back home tonight.
Can't sit down and type right now. ;-;

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just bought a Cintiq guys. Now you can all watch me draw poni (after it gets here).

It only cost $1000.

Me jew hurts.

Oh, I want to get in on this life stuff, but my thoughts are too jumbled on everything. Trying to layout your life that is unique to yourself is difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom