• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My King Dedede impressions :)

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
I plan to main him, and I got a chance to play Brawl yesterday, so I played Dedede a lot. Here's what I think about him:

First off....his Fsmash..Ugh..thats slower than Bowser's was in Melee! But when I hit with it, it very powerful, which I expected. His Uair, Dair, and Ftilt are him spinning his hammer like a drill and it has multiple hitboxes. His 4 jumps don't go high...but his recovery move is actually a great attack if you land on somebody. His FS seemed to do a lot of damage but it never seemed to KO anyone. His Down B and standard B seemed kinda useless to use well...but his Side B can be easily spammed. He was overall slow, obviously, but I still think he was a great character.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
I plan to main him, and I got a chance to play Brawl yesterday, so I played Dedede a lot. Here's what I think about him:

First off....his Fsmash..Ugh..thats slower than Bowser's was in Melee! But when I hit with it, it very powerful, which I expected. His Uair, Dair, and Ftilt are him spinning his hammer like a drill and it has multiple hitboxes. His 4 jumps don't go high...but his recovery move is actually a great attack if you land on somebody. His FS seemed to do a lot of damage but it never seemed to KO anyone. His Down B and standard B seemed kinda useless to use well...but his Side B can be easily spammed. He was overall slow, obviously, but I still think he was a great character.
WOW thx for this ill be sure to not listen to it.

TheRooster

Smash Cadet
WOW thx for this ill be sure to not listen to it.
That was unnessecary :ohwell:

As for the opening post:
I think that people don't really notice that his forward smash is only slow if its uncharged. As you charge it the release speeds up a little
Plus you have already gone through most of the animation so it works REALLY well in confusing people.
People see his smash coming and think they have a lot of lag time before it hits and as soon as the go in the hammer comes down instantly. A lot of people I played against said they had a hard time guessing the timing (in otherwords I had a lot of KO's).

I think most people dont notice this because they are used to a speed game like melee and stray away from moves like this.

And 10 points to you for noticing that Up B is actually a good hitter. I've seen more DDD's get KO'ed come from cancelling it than otherwise

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks XD

But yeah, I did notice his Fsmash was a bit faster when charged.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
we all know how his moves work now, from watching basic vids. impressions should now be revolved around basic strats and new techniques.

S2026

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen:
1.) The chain grabbing looks VERY promising.
2.) I can't imagine his FSmash being overly useful.
3.) Throwing minions looks good. And hey, who doesn't like throwing minions that sound like girl scout cookies.
4.) Regicide = funny.

Top Bottom