• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My guide on fighting Metaknight

RichBrown

Smash Master
Attack most of the time

if he's dair camping, don't shield! Just run in and usmash. Think about it: is he really trying to hit you with the dairs? Likely not. And if they are getting a little close, predict it and fair him.

THROW OUT HITBOXES ALWAYS!!!

Use of sideB: This move should only be used to force approaches. The moment you notice that they are coming towards you, STOP!!! Most of you get hit because you're just doing sideB and then all of the sudden they seemed to have inched closer to you. This is not an accident; they are waiting for you to jump and sideB. So try to stay grounded. But yeah if they should ALWAYS be approaching you in ways that are uncomfortable for them, so if they aren't approaching then force it with sideB. And purples help cover your landing too so that's another use of sideB.

YOU ALL NEED TO LEARN HOW TO LAND. All of you read this right now: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=95512 The concepts in this blog make up a lot of why I have success with Olimar.

If you get hit in the air, learn the options I presented and you'll ****. Idk just whistle-nair, and use Dair when they are about to get close to you, or even in random situations when you've been popped up (sometimes I'll purposefully stay in hitlag for a moment, then dair, and I get KOs like this all the freaking time, especially with reds at like 90%). So yeah use dair to land it's a ridiculous move. And retreat fairs on people's shields. And don't DI the same direction when you land. Whistle bounce, I invented that **** years ago.

uh lets see what else. the occasional surprise fair doesn't hurt. I also learned tonight that our nair beats shuttle loop from a certain angle, like when they are shuttle looping from below the stage to grab the ledge. It's hilarious. Our nair also beats sideB. neither of these things are that important.

Uair sometimes but don't jump above them to do it, try to frame trap.

HITBOXES JUST THROW OUT HITBOXES JUST KEEP ATTACKING EVEN WHEN YOU THINK YOU SHOULD SHIELD HOLY **** THIS IS A BIG ONE

Get better at punishing nado, try to get to the top of it by holding up and then nair, if you can't do that try to whistle. Hopefully you shield it and you can usually get a dashgrab out of it if you're somewhat good.

If they do something like dash attack and they land on the other side of you, don't be afraid to drop shield, turn around, and grab. They are usually scared of smash attacks and don't expect olimar do to what I just listed

Grab in general even when they are at KO percent. Most people shield because they get scared. Our grabs kill too how **** is that

Run into glide attack and shield, then Usmash OoS. Unless they space it really well this will work. If they do space it well, just wait for the ensuing dsmash, sidestep, or roll.

Stop getting pressured like noobs and just THROW OUT HITBOXES JUST KEEP ATTACKING A LOT JUST MAKE SURE YOU SWITCH UP YOUR RHYTHM DON'T GET CORNERED

You don't have to force your way back onto the stage, just uair n stuff, and do the uair where you land on the stage with no lag but it looks like you're gonna grab the ledge, that one is good. Otherwise create space with uair, get them away.

Punish their landing with dash attack sometimes LOLOLOLLLLLAJSdALKJASHA im serious

Ugh I have class in a few hours so I'm just jotting down thoughts

Sometimes when they are gliding back to the stage and they are at high percent just run off and fair them they won't expect that ****

If they start doing that thing where they run in and jump right above your fsmash/grab then start pivot grabbing. If they run in and do that then spotdodge then dash away and charge fsmash a little

CHARGE SMASHES IN GENERAL RANDOMLY THE RESULTS WILL SURPRISE YOU GREATLY

HITBOXES

Do everything here and you'll beat MK

Dnyce

Smash Master
Running into glide attack and using nair is also REALLY good, but I've only seen Logic do this.

I'll finish reading this and comment more after classes are done <.<

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
dont just throw out hitboxes if he is far away, he will nado your pikmin up, hilt told me if you are gonna side b only throw 1 pikmin at a time, i like to f smash once or twice depending on how far he is and then get ready to pivot up b his nado cuz they love to approach with it.

Thanks for the great guide rich :) and ya.. UP SMASH HITBOX!!! THROW THOSE OUT IF HE IS CLOSE! thanks for more info on landing to :p i read that guide like once every 3 weeks lol

RichBrown

Smash Master
Haha glad you enjoy my landings blog, that's probably the blog I'm most proud of honestly =)

Yeah with sideB I only use it to force an approach. Once he's in approach mode I stop doing sideB altogether (unless I have the purple next). But yeah I my goal is to force him to come to me, so I can hit him away, so I can force him to come to me again.

Against Marth: Just walk, don't be scared, and STUTTERSTEP FSMASH, THAT'S THE SECRET TO MARTH

I'll write a guide on Marth later

Marth is only moderately difficult

Denti

Smash Master
Marth is easy now that I stutter step f smash. I **** you not, that marth that beat me at mlg now gets 2 and 3 stocked by me and 2-0'd. F smash pokes marth then all his spacing is ****ed up and he starts to eat olimar combos. It's pretty much that... and also be really smart and pacient when on the ledge.

But about this mk stuff, I have to add that nair doesn't beat glide attack when the mk does it right. Some Texas MKs have adapted to this and punish it. So do nair against glide attack if mk doesn't know how to beat it, just know that it's not garunteed.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a video where I can see some of that stutter step f smash against marth? I just need to see it once so I know when and where to apply it.

Greatly appreciated :)

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
"Run into glide attack and shield, then Usmash OoS. Unless they space it really well this will work. If they do space it well, just wait for the ensuing dsmash, sidestep, or roll."

What about grab? Perfectly spaced glide attack has an advantage of like -1 on shield.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
well im pretty sure they cant grab someone rolling or spotdodging. Hey Rich we need to play sometime! I havent played you in forever and a day. Now that I think of it its been a bit since ive played Haze and Tyrant too...

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I need to try some of that Marth stuff. I also have videos of me vs MK on my recent tourney before reading this. I think I've been playing the matchup right, basically i need to get better at nado punishing lol. I'll link the vid asap. I need to test the Marth stuff tho.

Top Bottom