• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My God, my shielding is horrible

scrubbEN

Smash Rookie
So I'm kind of a noob at the game: I've tried the 1vs2 tactic of practice, but ultimately I've only ever been able to win once at difficulty 5. Then I realised that I'm playing Fox, a character that's generally well-known for being fast but horrible at taking hits. And then I realised: all the computer's hits were always going through. So, as aforementioned: I can't shield. I can roll, but I can't shield at all. I press when the attack hits, but that usually gets me nowhere. So, what do I do to improve my defensive game? Thanks.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Are you trying to shield right when the attack hits? If you know they're about to hit, shield beforehand, but not too early or they'll read and punish.

scrubbEN

Smash Rookie
Are you trying to shield right when the attack hits? If you know they're about to hit, shield beforehand, but not too early or they'll read and punish.
That makes sense. I it doesn't seem like a "hit at the exact time thing", but thanks anyway. I'm not exactly aiming for pro, but your tip makes sense. I'm gonna try that out ASAP.

Rahu700

Smash Rookie
I'm sure you're probably aware, but also make sure to use your down b to reflect any projectiles before they get close.

Top Bottom