• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My First Tournament - Trying to Create a Scene

Which do you prefer?

• Brawl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smash 4

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Pomf

Smash Rookie
First off, I am a 15 year old boy from Marietta, Georgia. Second, all the kids my age play Call of Duty and Battlefield and the likes. I personally do not find these games entertaining, and I have been spending the past 7 months finding people my age who play Smash. It was really hard. Me and my friend (Clubmember) worked really hard to make Smash popular, and as of right now, about 30% of my entire school plays smash now. Yesterday, I hosted my first in-person Smash Tournament, which featured Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 1v1 and 2v2. Dang, that was amazing. Out of the 31 people who RSVP'd, only about 16 came, but it was still a great time. My school actually helped me advertise the tournament, and even gave me prize money (I know, it's awesome). Anyone who is wondering about being a TO and boosting their nearby smash scene, definitely take that opportunity. Although I do have some tips. 1. Manage Time as well as possible, and always remember to keep brackets going. 2. Have as many setups as possible, and as many controllers as possible. 3. Plenty of snacks and food. 4. Try to keep everyone happy and excited while not interfering with the bracket.

Just for reference I'll put the placings here. Smash Flash was canceled because some equipment was bugged.

Wii U Singles

1. Jonyoy (ROB, Sheik, Luigi)
2. Pomf (Marth, Diddy Kong)
3. Clubmember (Mr. Game And Watch, Shiek)

Wii U Doubles
1. Jonyoy (Villager, King Dedede) + Pomf (Villagerl, Pikachu)
2. CharizardXKing (Robin, Mega Man) + Schaag (Marth)
3. Clubmember (Ganondorf) + ButteryBiscuits (Villager, Marth)

Brawl Singles
1. Clubmember (Diddy Kong, Meta Knight)
2. Jonyoy (Meta Knight, Falco)
3. CharizardXKing (Snake)

EDIT: Got usernames ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom