• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first fox vid

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Finally got a match in yesterday, rate my fox guys. I know i still have alot to improve, any tips on getting better would be helpful, and yeah i know i dsmash alot ;]
In the vid, i show how if your playing a person with a recovery thats not like snakes, you can drill to a spike in air and recover after that. And see how i firefox UP on the slanted ledge? It gives you a extended firefox and gets to the ledge. I find Nair + fastfall very very useful also, it gives you an advantage on battlefield because, when their on one of the bottom platforms, They have to either shield or get hit, just because its that fast, if they dodge roll out, just chase them around. And yeah, i play very offensively, i barely play any defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbSyJjMF358

Valken

Smash Apprentice
You're Fox is alright.

You know what to do, and you do it at the right time.

However...

That Snake was bad and what you did was basic Fox strategy that can be mastered in a day.

I'm not saying you're bad, I'm just saying that was a terrible example if you wanted to display your skills.

Next time you post a video, don't worry about how much you rompastomp you're opponent.

Post videos that show you winning against an amazing adversary.

Make us say, "Wow he beat that crazy Snake!"

That Snake looked very scared the whole time and just seemed overwhelmed.

Good players don't get overwhelmed.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there wasn't anything fancy or new in that video, but I'll be glad to wait for any upcoming videos featuring your Fox with a "twist." Remember when you said Fox was an "evolution"? Yeah, I'm still waiting to see that, as well as a demonstration of this "burstdashing" I heard of long ago...

Juker

Smash Apprentice
I see why you told me to use spot dodging more and rolling - your opponent doesn't ever shield grab you. (check 48 seconds into the video for an example) When you play against someone who uses defensive techniques instead of all offense, it's very different; you also said my Fox was slow, it's easy to be quick against a sandbag.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
He doesnt shield grab me, because i spot dodge more, than i shield if you havent noticed that. I even barely shield in the video too.
Right, but you don't need to be shielding to be shield grabbed. A perfect example of where he could and should have grabbed you is where I listed in my previous post.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
this is just a small demonstration of how usefull nair + fastfall is and how fast it is, my next vid is gonna be played on smash ville, and ill be demonstrating how the slanted ledges extend firefox.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
What exactly was the use for the nAir? The only usefulness I saw in your video was for edgeguarding.

And I look forward to your next video, though I'm still waiting to know what "burstdashing" actually is...

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Nair + fastfall is one of fastest moves and gets really effective on battlefield, if their on the platform you can just easily chase them down with it. I usually use a bair to edgeguard mostly. burstdashing - dash dancing or whatever you suppose. Havent got the hang of it, but ill get it soon. As for shine-dashing im still practicing it, i cant get my fingers fast enough to cancel the jump animation like t!mmy. Lets hope all of these will be in my next vid :D

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
Not bad Dark!

Although your fox seemed solid I agree with most of the posters that the Snake was not very impressive. It was still an entertaining video and I'm looking forward to more :)

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
What EXACTLY is burstdashing? I'm assuming you discovered it and named it, since you're the first one I've seen to refer to it.

Valken

Smash Apprentice
Wiggling your joystick and empty SHing dandy and all, but it doesn't mean anything when your opponent won't fight back.

I don't know what that MK's goal was for that match, but I can guarantee it wasn't to win.

Next time you post a video, make sure that they know what they are doing so we can just you're skill level accordingly.

You danced well, but at unnecessary times a lot. That MK refused to fight back, and just allowed you to hop around him. It even seemed like he was hopping with you.

Point being, against a decent player you would have gotten punished for your dancing a lot of the time.

The best way to dance is: Smash back, Smash forward, C Up.
Or, Smash back, Smash forward, C down.
Or with a dair.

You don't want to do it all the time. It's best used when you know how you're opponent will attack so you can dance accordingly.

You're opponent doesn't fight back so you didn't learn this the hard way.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
If it's basically dash-dancing, why does it need the new name, burstdashing? It reminds me of that shine-stall/j-shine/hover shine thing.

Valken

Smash Apprentice
The name doesn't matter. I don't want this to turn into a Technique Naming Flame Thread. Or a TNFT for short. Oops, I hope I don't get flamed for that.

But yeah, you're right, it's Dashdancing. It's just that DDing is pretty much only useful on a select characters. Fox trots have been severely reduced. Except for Fox, go figure.

Valken

Smash Apprentice
If you're opponent is on the edge and allows themselves to be hit with a d/smash, please ask them to go home. That would never work on any decent player.

You have potential, but you don't have many good players by you, do you?

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Ill post another vid of my bro doing better, he's actually like 3x better than this. I think he was just messin that round. Utilting takes practice to do too.

Top Bottom